Is Tuberville a Christian?

Proud Tiger

I hope nobody here is bold enough to answer that question. So why do I ask? Well some of the bammers on CT are saying Tuberville isn't a Christian. The primary one is the dude (CT board Administrator) who profanely burst in here upset because I said he was a hypocrit. I apologized to that but now I say he is a hypocrit without apology. Anybody who plays God and flat out says someone isn't a Christian is playing God IMHO and, in my book, anyone who wants to judge other people when he himself is a sinner is a hypocrit!!! Am I wrong?

I hasten to add that several posters on CT disagreed with those who were saying Tubs isn't a Christian, duly noting that people shouldn't be the judge of that.

I don't translate posts between boards wwithout the author's permission but this in one time I wish someone would so folks here could see for themselves what I am talking about.

I think the real question is does it really matter if he is or isn't? It's such a non-topic and I can't believe we're even talking about it. Whether or not CTT is a Christian is HIS business alone and between him and God. Everyone else should just mind their own business and when they become perfect then they can worry about CTT.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

That about covers this entire issue, on both sides.

More importantly, why do you keep bringing up the Crimpsun turds board on here, If you don't want to read their crapola, be a man and remove it from your favorites. The way I deal with what they are saying is to NOT READ IT. I would just as soon, you quit baiting those 4 time losers into making posts over here. Hail yeah he is a christian.

John 8:7  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin amoung you, let him first cast a stone at her.

That about covers this entire issue, on both sides.

250934[/snapback]

That's certainly the way I feel.

More importantly, why do you keep bringing up the Crimpsun turds  board on here, If you don't want to read their crapola, be a man and remove it from your favorites. The way I deal with what they are saying  is to NOT READ IT. I would just as soon, you quit baiting those 4 time losers into making posts over here.  Hail yeah he is a christian.

250937[/snapback]

Feel free to add me to your ignore list. You are now on mine. :moon:

As a Christian myself, it matters to me that Coach Tuberville is a believer because he and Chette Williams have a positive effect on young men's lives in being spiritual role models to them. 100 years from now, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference if Auburn goes 14-0 or 0-12. What matters is that people know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. If God uses Coach Tuberville to influence those guys or if he uses a chef at Sewell Hall to lead those guys to Christ, the messenger doesn't matter. The Message does.

I think it's quite obvious that Coach Tuberville, Chette Williams, and other staff have made a huge impact on each other, on the football team, and on their community. At the end of the day, that means much more to me than will signing any blue-chip prospect, any third-down conversion, or any other accolade between the lines.

If porkchop has problems seeing CTT is a Christian, then, well he is blind on oh so many levels...

As a Christian myself, it matters to me that Coach Tuberville is a believer because he and Chette Williams have a positive effect on young men's lives in being spiritual role models to them.  100 years from now, it doesn't make a hill of beans difference if Auburn goes 14-0 or 0-12.  What matters is that people know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  If God uses Coach Tuberville to influence those guys or if he uses a chef at Sewell Hall to lead those guys to Christ, the messenger doesn't matter.  The Message does. 

I think it's quite obvious that Coach Tuberville, Chette Williams, and other staff have made a huge impact on each other, on the football team, and on their community.  At the end of the day, that means much more to me than will signing any blue-chip prospect, any third-down conversion, or any other accolade between the lines.

250944[/snapback]

Amen brother. If I had a son that is being recruited, the morals of the coach is a big issue to me. The coach and his staff are now going to help me raise my son for the next 4-5 years. Knowing he is a Chrisitan makes gives me comfort as a father knowing the head coach will make sure the morals I taught my son will still be taught.

If the coach was not a Christian, would I hold it against him? No. But I would want to know what type of man he is and what his morals are. There are people that have decent morals without being Christians. Heck, he could be Hindu or some other religion and I may not agree with that religion as far as salvation, but as long as he teaches good morals, that is okay with me. I did not become a Christian until I was about 14, but I was not raised in church. My brother and I went to church before my parents did. My dad actually got saved at a youth skit night we did. But, even before then, my parents had good morals and they taught those to us before we even went to church. I will hold it against a coach if I hear that he lives a life that had little or no morals. My son would not go to that school. Unfortunately, in high school, we don't have much of a choice he coaches our kids, so choosing the right coach for college would be a very important thing as a father.

I just went on CT and put in my .02. Probably get banned, even though what I wrote was pretty straightforward and tame. Oh well. There are more idiots over there than I ever imagined. Chop has always seemed pretty level headed but he's been over the top on some things lately, including this issue.

This is a football forum. This thread should be locked. Mods, are you all on vacation? Religion and politics have no place here.

I hope nobody here is bold enough to answer that question. So why do I ask? Well some of the bammers on CT are saying Tuberville isn't a Christian. The primary one is the dude (CT board Administrator) who profanely burst in here upset because I said he was a hypocrit. I apologized to that but now I say he is a hypocrit without apology. Anybody who plays God and flat out says someone isn't a Christian is playing God IMHO and, in my book, anyone who wants to judge other people when he himself is a sinner is a hypocrit!!! Am I wrong?

I hasten to add that several posters on CT disagreed with those who were saying Tubs isn't a Christian, duly noting that people shouldn't be the judge of that.

I don't translate posts between boards wwithout the author's permission but this in one time I wish someone would so folks here could see for themselves what I am talking about.

250927[/snapback]

All he was saying was that actions speak louder than words and I tend to agree with him on that note. TT has been a less than stellar citizen when it comes to dealing with his previous team and I'm sure you guys would turn on him in a heartbeat if he did the same thing to you. He's a Franphony waiting to happen. When the grass is greener for him bet your bottom dollar that he'll pull the same kind of crap on you guys. The fact that you are calling Chop a hypocrit is somewhat hypocritical in my book. Is that not judging him? Pot meet kettle.

We have always had a good relationship with this site and disagreements between us and you all are expected and should be fun. Poking at Bama when we were going through all of our troubles was a common occurence by many of you over at our board. We took it with a grain of salt, fought back a little on occasion, but for the most part didn't strain this relationship with you guys. After all, you guys are Auburn supporters, what should we expect? On the few occasions I post over here, I have always tried to maintain some aire of civility because I am on your site. The same cannot be said for some of the WEN members that have posted on our site. Now, since Auburn is potentially in some hot water, you guys can't take what you dish out. Everything said over at RTB is either lame, hypocritcal or just downright mean. Well guys.....the shoe is on the other foot and most of you have decided to turn our opinions into a personal vendetta. Its bogus for you PT to mistakenly call Chop out (when I think it was me you intended to mention in the first place) apologize, then call him out again. That is low and way below what I would have expected from you. Get your feelings off of your sleeves.....It is Alabama and Auburn, not freakin' Amos and Andy. IF you come to a Bama board and see opinions about Auburn that you don't agree with......WTH did you expect? IT IS A BAMA BOARD.

RTR

BamaSon25

Thank God I was able to get out of the `judgmental side' of Christianity when I moved to Oklahoma! Now I treat everybody the same and haven't left the faith! :big:

250935[/snapback]

Ya, but you do realize you are living in hell now right? :D Especially if its Lawton.

250927[/snapback]

All he was saying was that actions speak louder than words and I tend to agree with him on that note. TT has been a less than stellar citizen when it comes to dealing with his previous team and I'm sure you guys would turn on him in a heartbeat if he did the same thing to you. He's a Franphony waiting to happen. When the grass is greener for him bet your bottom dollar that he'll pull the same kind of crap on you guys. The fact that you are calling Chop a hypocrit is somewhat hypocritical in my book. Is that not judging him? Pot meet kettle.

We have always had a good relationship with this site and disagreements between us and you all are expected and should be fun. Poking at Bama when we were going through all of our troubles was a common occurence by many of you over at our board. We took it with a grain of salt, fought back a little on occasion, but for the most part didn't strain this relationship with you guys. After all, you guys are Auburn supporters, what should we expect? On the few occasions I post over here, I have always tried to maintain some aire of civility because I am on your site. The same cannot be said for some of the WEN members that have posted on our site. Now, since Auburn is potentially in some hot water, you guys can't take what you dish out. Everything said over at RTB is either lame, hypocritcal or just downright mean. Well guys.....the shoe is on the other foot and most of you have decided to turn our opinions into a personal vendetta. Its bogus for you PT to mistakenly call Chop out (when I think it was me you intended to mention in the first place) apologize, then call him out again. That is low and way below what I would have expected from you. Get your feelings off of your sleeves.....It is Alabama and Auburn, not freakin' Amos and Andy. IF you come to a Bama board and see opinions about Auburn that you don't agree with......WTH did you expect? IT IS A BAMA BOARD.

RTR

BamaSon25

250969[/snapback]

Brad Pitt dumped Jennifer Anniston for Angelina Joilie and a they had a baby.

No offense but I don't read your board or even know what it is, so could the personal drama of what happens from your board be done in PM or something to the person that posted it. Don't mind answering his statement or stuff like that, but like the lectures on how to act on your board could be done in PM.

And Tuberville had the greener pasture, he could have walked from Auburn with the money from his buyout for us breaching contract and takin another division one job like North Carolina that had less pressure and less nosy trustee's.

So let me get this right: if you are in the least bit human and make a mistake, then you cant be a Christian?

I will turn the question around and ask you and chop:

The Bible says: Matthew 7:20 (KJV)

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

There are HS, College, and Pro teams from all over the country that are fighting to get CTT and Chette Williams to come and speak or come to Auburn to hear them speak.

CTT on the FCA Site

Wes Yeary is now training other team chaplains.

Accusations on Chette Williams Cleared

Chette Willaims Baptizing Carnell Williams

Auburn Prays Together

etc etc etc.

Hey BS25, you and chop want to compare your life's work/Christian walk with CTT, Chette Williams, Wes Yeary? Please provide links......

Guys, is losing a few football games worth trashing and ruining some folks names? Cant win so namecall? Is this it?

I just don't care, as long as he wins football games and runs a clean program.

I'm fairly devout, but I get really, really tired of this litmus test that some insist on. CTT is paid to win football games, not spread the gospel. If he wins and keeps the program out of trouble, I don't care if the man is a Wiccan.

250927[/snapback]

A person is known by their fruits. Since Tubs promotes Christian values...I would have to say that he is.

:au::homer:

250927[/snapback]

RTR

BamaSon25

250969[/snapback]

All I hear from Bama people about TT is that he is gonna bolt just like he did at Ole Miss. Show me proof that life is so terrible at Auburn and he is just waiting for "greener pastures". The rumors of TT going to Texas A&M and Miami are laughable at best, since Auburn is a strong program than both of them. I wonder why I don't hear the same rumors about Shula bolting, oh wait nobody wants him. It is nobody's buisness if anyone is a christian or not, I know that Shula goes to Mass daily and good for him but you don't see Auburn people slamming him for some of the stances Catholics take on things. I read Bama boards everyonce in a while and CT is the best of them and really that isn't saying much. What is this "hot water" you speak of that Auburn "potentially" in? You sound mad cause some mud got slung at Auburn and it is already washing off. I read Porkchop's little tirade about his hurt feelings on getting called out, sounded like he needed to go run and hide in momma's skirts.

First off, DKW, show me where I ever questioned or said anything at all about TT's stance or take on Christianity? I haven't done it here nor at my site. As a matter of fact on the other site, I said that there was no way for me or you or anybody else to know. So, I think I'll decline your challenge to make christianity a competition. Secondly, every response to this thread since my post is exactly what I'm talking about with you guys. I don't post here much, but if you go back and look at the posts I have made previously, I've never been a jackass, but have always had at least one guy jump on and treat me like a second rate citizen. I think Porkchop has mentioned the same thing. It's true....look at it. This thread is more of the same. Having a relationship with rivals can be fun, but having a relationship with you guys here.....it's all give and no take. Everything Bama is evil and your precious Auburn Tigers can do no wrong. Us Bama fans are often accused of living in the past, but with a track record like Auburn's, it is really easy to see why you guys try not to remember much.

As for TT bolting first chance he gets, what I said is my opinioon and I didn't even say it in an agressive or mean spirited way. I have a right to that opinion and to be honest, the jury is still out on whether that happens or not. Him going to Miami is not so far fetched either. He has ties there and I hate to break it to you guys, but Miami would ber considered a more prominent job than one down on the plains. Furthermore, Miami hasn't made any trips behind any of their coaches backs to hire a replacement. Do you guys really think Tubbs has forgotten that? I know I sure wouldn't.....Keep living in dream land.

As for the trouble Auburn POSSIBLY has coming....I wouldn't be so quick to sweep it under the rug. I remember doing the same thing just before getting hammered. Again the jury is still out on that as well. Call me a mudslinger if you want, but once again...Pot meet Kettle.

RTR

BamaSon25

BS25,

Don't come over on our board and try to lecture us on what to post or say on our board. don't come over hear and say they things you just said about our coach on this board and expect to find many friends.That was the short and simple point David was making. For any of you guys to be over there on your board questioning a man's lack of faith shows a lack of class. You say that you have always tried to remain civil. Ha! Could have fooled me. Don't recall anybody calling out your name on this board, but you sure did chime in pretty quick. Are you porkchop under a different name or are you his spokesman?

Also, you try to say we are in hot water and criticize us for pointing fingers is really funny when 99% of you bammers blamed everybody but the right people for your last run in with the NCAA. Its a conspiracy man! Its Phil Fulmer's fault that we were doing something wrong! You guys over at our "sister board" are getting just like all the other bammer boards. Stupid and classless. I bet you guys have not even bothered to do your homework on our current "situation", because if you did, you would know it was bs and had nothing to do with football and coach CTT.

Its a shame that some people let a sport like football bring them down to tearing down a person's name and credbility for the sake of that sport.

...show me where I ever questioned or said anything at all about TT's stance or take on Christianity?

251019[/snapback]

All he was saying was that actions speak louder than words (regarding being a Christian or even knowing what it means to be one) and I tend to agree with him on that note. TT has been a less than stellar citizen when it comes to dealing with his previous team and I'm sure you guys would turn on him in a heartbeat if he did the same thing to you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this thread about some Turds questioning CTT's faith. And is that not your post above?

Archived