Objective opinions

thibodauxkev

How much whining will we be subjected to if UGA loses to AU because of a ref's call.

Probably the same amount as UGA boards will be if they beat AU by a bad ref call

perhaps when losing teams whine about bad calls, it somehow makes them feel better about losing. lsu fans, you should feel relieved that such a call exists, without which there would be no place for your disappointment.

so instead of hating the call, embrace it for what it is...your crutch...your comfort...your solace during a difficult time. use it to decry the refs and all-things-auburn. use it to examine why it is you feel this way after a sporting event. use it, if you dare, to solve bigger issues, like perhaps the middle east crisis or famine in Africa. "the call" can take you places you never dreamed...if only you embrace it.

if you do these things, my fellow feline fans, it won't be long until you can say with me, 'i don't despise the call...nay, i'm glad it happened.' only then will you be able to move on and get beyond this devastating loss.

who knows...maybe you'll win next year.

war eagle to you, you corndog tigers.

perhaps when losing teams whine about bad calls, it somehow makes them feel better about losing. lsu fans, you should feel relieved that such a call exists, without which there would be no place for your disappointment.

so instead of hating the call, embrace it for what it is...your crutch...your comfort...your solace during a difficult time. use it to decry the refs and all-things-auburn. use it to examine why it is you feel this way after a sporting event. use it, if you dare, to solve bigger issues, like perhaps the middle east crisis or famine in Africa. "the call" can take you places you never dreamed...if only you embrace it.

if you do these things, my fellow feline fans, it won't be long until you can say with me, 'i don't despise the call...nay, i'm glad it happened.' only then will you be able to move on and get beyond this devastating loss.

What about when teams that were not involved whine about the calls? (GA, FL, etc.) That's what this thread is all about. No, we are not relieved by the calls. The loss would be much easier to digest if it wasn't for the controversial calls. The things that make this loss easier are the way our team fought and gave it their all on the field and was only a few yards from beating the #2 team in the country. As an LSU fan that makes me proud. You are mistaken. The "bad calls" are like a cloud for most LSU fans on an otherwise terrific game between two very good teams. That's college football for you. You lose some and you win some. Some things are out of your control and you have to accept them and move on. AU has had their fair share of bad luck. For example, they should have had a chance to play for the national championship in 2004. I know it's not an apples Vs apples comparison but AU fans and players where pissed (understandable so) because their fate was out of their control. Well, to a certain extent I think LSU players and fans thought their fate was out of their control no matter how hard they tried. Too many successful plays they made got called back (i.e., the phantom holding penalty) and every controversial call went against them. It's the perceived injustice that has LSU fans complaining about the officiating. It's not because we are finding solace in doing so. Of course, despite the controversial calls, LSU still had it's chances and was not able to execute due to an outstanding AU defense.

In the past there's examples of LSU losing close games without our fans complaining about officiating. It's not something we are imagining nor are we contriving these things. The fact that other teams see it along with the press proves that there is a legitimate concern.

The reason I posted this in the first place is for everyone to see what the general opinion of non LSU-Auburn fans are on the subject. This game involved more than one bad call (first half non-interference in the end zone was the worst). As a LSU fan I think we were robbed, most Auburn fans disagree, DUH! So I posted what the other objective opinions are. You be the judge.

You come to an AUBURN board and want "objective" opinions from non-AU people. :blink::blink:

Check out this forum. As the title says LSU, this is pass interference. And look who got to take advantage of it. :blink:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28878

Well, now that I've read some of what others around this league and on internet chat rooms everywhere are saying, I feel that I must offer the following:

I'm sorry...I humbly apologize on behalf of all Auburn fans, the players, coaches, administrative personnel, trainers, cheerleaders, Rod Bramblett (he's our radio announcer), Aubie, security personnel at the game, the concession stand workers, the ticket takers, the folks driving the shuttle busses, the EMTs, the helicopter pilots who did the fly over before the game and who fought in Afghanistan and a small cocker spaniel puppy I saw at my neighbor's house that was wearing an Auburn sweater.

I'm a little short on time so I need a favor. Please copy this post and take it back to all those boards you've spent your valuable time researching today and post it on each site so the rest of the SEC won't hate us so much and will validate the moral victory you so deserve.

Oh, and right after that, since we've now apologized and there's nothing more to be mad at Auburn about, you might want to start a thread about why you never sniffed of the endzone until one last desperation pass with no time left when your offense has people like Jemarcus Russell, Alley Broussard, Justin Vincent, Dewayne Bowe, Early Doucet, Buster Davis etc.

We'll go back and talk about how our offense can get better and you can maybe e-mail Les Miles about how that group of studs could only muster 3 points in the entire ball game. Oh wait, I forgot. It was the refs.

I'm sorry.

Your guy never had a play on the ball that LSU intercepted either, yet we were still called for PI. You cant have it both ways.

Didn't that ball come off our receiver's hands?

Fact is, :au: was lucky to win this game. If :lsu: had won, they would have been lucky. The two teams were so close that it took that to separate them.

These two teams have athletes good enough to play legally on the edge of illegality. (Honk if you understood what I just wrote.) That is going to produce more bang-bang situations. I really thought, at the game, that Gilbert hit Doucet prior to the tip by Brock; but now I'm sot sure that's relevant.

What about when teams that were not involved whine about the calls? (GA, FL, etc.) That's what this thread is all about. No, we are not relieved by the calls. The loss would be much easier to digest if it wasn't for the controversial calls. The things that make this loss easier are the way our team fought and gave it their all on the field and was only a few yards from beating the #2 team in the country. As an LSU fan that makes me proud. You are mistaken. The "bad calls" are like a cloud for most LSU fans on an otherwise terrific game between two very good teams. That's college football for you. You lose some and you win some. Some things are out of your control and you have to accept them and move on. AU has had their fair share of bad luck. For example, they should have had a chance to play for the national championship in 2004. I know it's not an apples Vs apples comparison but AU fans and players where pissed (understandable so) because their fate was out of their control. Well, to a certain extent I think LSU players and fans thought their fate was out of their control no matter how hard they tried. Too many successful plays they made got called back (i.e., the phantom holding penalty) and every controversial call went against them. It's the perceived injustice that has LSU fans complaining about the officiating. It's not because we are finding solace in doing so. Of course, despite the controversial calls, LSU still had it's chances and was not able to execute due to an outstanding AU defense.

In the past there's examples of LSU losing close games without our fans complaining about officiating. It's not something we are imagining nor are we contriving these things. The fact that other teams see it along with the press proves that there is a legitimate concern.

you write that the post is about what other teams' fans are saying...why on earth would you post your findings on our board? what do you want from us? permission to feel wronged? that's what i'm trying to give you, SECFAN. permission to find the freedom you so richly deserve...freedom from all that binds you by 'the call'.

Embrace "the call", secfan, and you, too, can find nirvana.

as for the uninvolved teams crying about 'the call', i urge them, too, to embrace the call...not for their own sanctity, but for the sanctity of every corndog, sooner, and bama fan out there (i include bama in this solely because their fans are, by nature, bitter and embattled souls...made that way from having to put up w/ LAB).

please reread my post, however. i'm not asking you to ignore 'the call', but to relish in its wrongness. let 'the call' lead you to your happy place.

i really think we're coming at this from the same angle, SECFAN. don't hate 'the call' corndogs... fly to it like a moth flies to a bare light bulb on the back porch of life.

you can thank me later.

you write that the post is about what other teams' fans are saying...why on earth would you post your findings on our board? what do you want from us? permission to feel wronged? that's what i'm trying to give you, SECFAN. permission to find the freedom you so richly deserve...freedom from all that binds you by 'the call'.

Embrace "the call", secfan, and you, too, can find nirvana.

as for the uninvolved teams crying about 'the call', i urge them, too, to embrace the call...not for their own sanctity, but for the sanctity of every corndog, sooner, and bama fan out there (i include bama in this solely because their fans are, by nature, bitter and embattled souls...made that way from having to put up w/ LAB).

please reread my post, however. i'm not asking you to ignore 'the call', but to relish in its wrongness. let 'the call' lead you to your happy place.

i really think we're coming at this from the same angle, SECFAN. don't hate 'the call' corndogs... fly to it like a moth flies to a bare light bulb on the back porch of life.

you can thank me later.

I do hate the call (I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!) but I accept it and realize it's time to move on. Now I feel much better.

The one thing that I have embraced is the civility that has developed between LSU and AU fans. It really does make a loss easier knowing your team gave a valiant effort but lost to a great program with a classy coaching staff and fans.

I've noticed the overall civility thing too and it's refreshing. And it doesn't make the series any less intense. Intense without the nasty and childish stuff. What a concept.

I do hate the call (I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!) but I accept it and realize it's time to move on. Now I feel much better.

The one thing that I have embraced is the civility that has developed between LSU and AU fans. It really does make a loss easier knowing your team gave a valiant effort but lost to a great program with a classy coaching staff and fans.

i agree...i cannot speak to what goes on at other boards, but we have a great bunch of homers and rival fans here.

Here's the best I can see with this.

We all spoke of "ifs" what ifs before this game. And we all knew this was the posibility.

"If" Auburn hits the chip shot FG, then the best LSU could have done is a tie or go for two, which would not have been the likely choice.

"If" Auburn had scored a TD on the drive in the 1st Half, none of this would have mattered.

"If" LSU had taken advantage of the turnover in the 1st half, none of this would have mattered.

if if if......

Great game, no matter what! The hardest hitting game I have ever been to!

Interference has to inhibit the receiver from his ability/opporunity to catch the ball. The ball was tipped away from the receiver and therefore never had any opportunity to catch the ball.

I say again...like when LSU intercepted the ball...but still got called for PI. Intercepted means even LESS chance for the receiver to catch the ball.

Wrong...Taylor was impeded from getting to a ball he may have caught. That INT was not guaranteed by any stretch....

:au::homer:

Your guy never had a play on the ball that LSU intercepted either, yet we were still called for PI. You cant have it both ways.

The PI on LSU was the right call. The LSU DB rode C Taylor out of bounds while the ball was in the air; otherwise, he'd at least have had a play on the ball. That was clear from the replay.

As to the reversed PI (non)call, honestly, it could've gone either way. It was a bang-bang play. Maybe the officials got it wrong, but it was not, by a long shot, the only close call in the game. For example, if CT doesn't get called for the Mickey Mouse offensive pass interference call a little earlier, maybe AU scores and puts the game away.

It was a great game between two great teams, filled with plays that could've gone either way. Fortunately, the last one (this time) went our way . . . :au:

Archived