The problem with Scott, Cowherd, and others in the media

BAMMERPERRY

is this: They were DEAD WRONG about Saban to Bama long before he said, "I will not be the HFC at Alabama". They laughed at and berated Alabama and it's fans the minute Sabans name came up, right after Shula was fired . This was long before 12/21 when Saban made that comment. "Nobody wants that job", "Alabama is a second rate job", " Insert number here coaches have told Alabama NO!" "Why can't you Bammers understand that NO means NO!", the list could go on and on about the Bama bashing that took place in the Press and by rival fans.

So instead of just nutting up and saying they were all wrong all along about the facts and circumstances surrounding Bamas coaching search, they say, "We believed Saban when he said he wouldn't be Bamas coach". Obviously, they were wrong long before that. They ask why he didn't say "No Comment", "I will not answer questions about media rumors", "We have a game to prepare for and I won't respond to such questions" or a variation of that and leave it at that. The problem is that he DID do that for several weeks before 12/21 and the reporters would NOT leave it at that.

Bottom line is, they were wrong and wound up with egg on their faces. All the fun they had berating Alabama fans was thrown back in their faces, especially Cowherd and his "brain", Chadd Scott the Aubie. So instead of taking it like men and choking down a plate full of crow, they blame it all on Nick Saban for saying, "I will not be the HFC at Alabama". Nutless cowards one and all.

Survey says:

2000 Fran was the fifth one offered the job. Left after two seasons.

2002 Price was the fourth or fifth offered.

2003 Shula comes in because only he, Croom, and Richardson wanted it.

2006 CSS, CRR, CNS was third on the list.

The opinions arent that great a leap.

I dont think you can honestly say that Cowherd or Scott said one negative word on CNS about his ability. They did rightly point out that the man has little if any character for his comments on 12-21 and before and after for that matter.

Why dont you ask for opinions over on a Mich State, LSU, or Dolphins board? I am sure they will give a cionsidered well thought reply about how they really feel about CNS.

So instead of just nutting up and saying they were all wrong all along about the facts and circumstances surrounding Bamas coaching search, they say, "We believed Saban when he said he wouldn't be Bamas coach". Obviously, they were wrong ...

So essentially you're saying people who believe Nick Saban are often wrong? For once, I think I agree with you!

sabanbryantliercopyco9.jpg

"Why dont you ask for opinions over on a Mich State, LSU, or Dolphins board? I am sure they will give a cionsidered well thought reply about how they really feel about CNS."

I think I'll go to the Ole Miss board and ask about tubby first! :moon:

bammieperry,

The problem is not with the media -- they were doing their job trying to find some facts to report. When a potential coaching candidate flat out says "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama" what could the media have reported other than exactly what the guy said? No credible news media outlet is going to blast some pos coach for being a liar before he proves it. Egg on their faces? For what? Saban's own words & deeds proves he's a liar. Nationwide, Saban was excoriated by the media for denying & having the gall to question reporters for asking whether or not he was going to be the coach at uat.

The bottom line is this: he's a two-faced turd coaching the turds at the Crapstone. You deserve each other. Oh, I almost forgot ... ... the only reason he's there is because your AD thought it a good idea to pay him more money than any other coach in the collegiate ranks. In other words, he's only there to pick up a hefty pay check for a few years and then he's going to retire on his lakefront home in GA.

People, stop arguing with this boob. He or she, hasn't typed one intelligent word on this board since he/she first logged on. It's like holding through the break because you know Shane is up next.

the college football world is still laughing at uat, because they bought a high dollar prostitute to make them feel better. After a few losses the results are the same they just cost more. You can pay anyone enough to shovel manure.

People, stop arguing with this boob. He or she, hasn't typed one intelligent word on this board since he/she first logged on. It's like holding through the break because you know Shane is up next.

Amen

Hell, Auesquire, I quickly browsed the first sentence of his post to ensure it was the same pathetic bammer drivel just to confirm he was still behaving like a turd-like douchebag.

If you win an argument with a moron that makes you the lesser of two morons.

what amazes me is that bama fans seem sort of proud that they paid that much money. they don't look at it as their HAVING to pay that much to get a decent coach to go there.

when you can't get WVU's coach to come for $2 million, what do you do? You go pay twice that to a guy who keeps saying "no".

I feel sorry for Nick. He was in a no-win situation. Either he turns down $32 million, and looks like an idiot for not taking that much $$, or he takes $32 million a year, and looks like a liar and an idiot for moving to Turdtown.

bammieperry,

The problem is not with the media -- they were doing their job trying to find some facts to report. When a potential coaching candidate flat out says "I'm not going to be the coach at Alabama" what could the media have reported other than exactly what the guy said? No credible news media outlet is going to blast some pos coach for being a liar before he proves it. Egg on their faces? For what? Saban's own words & deeds proves he's a liar. Nationwide, Saban was excoriated by the media for denying & having the gall to question reporters for asking whether or not he was going to be the coach at uat.

The bottom line is this: he's a two-faced turd coaching the turds at the Crapstone. You deserve each other. Oh, I almost forgot ... ... the only reason he's there is because your AD thought it a good idea to pay him more money than any other coach in the collegiate ranks. In other words, he's only there to pick up a hefty pay check for a few years and then he's going to retire on his lakefront home in GA.

In other words, he's PERFECT for Bamar!!! :roflol:

:au::homer:

So instead of just nutting up and saying they were all wrong all along about the facts and circumstances surrounding Bamas coaching search

Alabama made its bed. That's all I need to say about it.

Saban made the comments about the HC position thus giving everyone a reason to mock Bama for still believing it.

The radio people and whatnot were not "wrong"....they simply were calling a spade, a spade and Saban was agreeing with them.

I do agree that the Chad Scott article was a bit too much for my taste AND he deserved a lot of nasty emails back (not death threads though).

"Why dont you ask for opinions over on a Mich State, LSU, or Dolphins board? I am sure they will give a cionsidered well thought reply about how they really feel about CNS."

I think I'll go to the Ole Miss board and ask about tubby first! :moon:

Do, but remember to go to ALL of them please. If you want to be really informed, visit them ALL.

No one on this board is defending the pinebox statement. But CTT never said "Pinebox and you people in the press are stupid to keep asking me about it. I have told you the truth and I will not be the HC of Auburn."

CNS said a lot more AND challenged the press with his comments too. All I want is if you want to criticize CTT, have the balls to criticize Saban even more.

bammieperry,

Ummm, the media was mocking Bama about waiting for Saban BEFORE he ever made that statement. They were intimating that Saban would NEVER coach at Bama and Bama couldn't get a top name coach. They DID!Remember that? You were probably one of the ones saying the same thing. The point is, regardless of all that transpired, YOU and your kind and the media were DEAD WRONG! Hence, egg on face. That's what happens when your predictions are false. GET IT? :poke:

bammieperry,

Ummm, the media was mocking Bama about waiting for Saban BEFORE he ever made that statement. They were intimating that Saban would NEVER coach at Bama and Bama couldn't get a top name coach. They DID!Remember that? You were probably one of the ones saying the same thing. The point is, regardless of all that transpired, YOU and your kind and the media were DEAD WRONG! Hence, egg on face. That's what happens when your predictions are false. GET IT? :poke:

BP, long before that statement, he had said the same thing over and over again. I12-21 was not the first time he said he wasnt coming. The media should be rightly ridiculed for ever believing a liar like Saban. I think we all can agree on that. Th egg on the face is from ever thinking he would tell the truth.

You were probably one of the ones saying the same thing.

Most Bama fans were saying the same thing as well.

Looking at BamaMag and Tidefans, there were a LOT of threads dealing fellow Bama fans to move on from Saban after his denials

bammieperry,

So, the media's "predictions" that $aban wasn't going to be the coach at uat because they truthfully reported his lying words verbatim makes them DEAD WRONG in your world view? Right, I now see where you're coming from. Moral vicotories & stuff -- completely understandable after coming off a pathetic 6-7 season and getting punked in a bowl game by a 2nd-tier Big XII conference team, not to mention a home loss to bottom-feeding MSU and a 5th straight loss to their 2nd most important rival. Throwing a ton of money at an individual and not even asking for a buyout clause in the contract is pure strategic brilliance when dealing with a forthright & honorable person such as Nick $aban, don't you think? Hold off on your egg-on-the-face assertion for a couple of years, O.K? As Yogi Berra once famously said, "it ain't over 'til it's over." I'll go on record right now saying that the collective bammie nation is going to enjoy the feeling of broken yolks & egg whites slowly dripping off of their sloped foreheads. :lol:

Archived