PRICELESS

Tigermike

By the way, getting back to the original post, this anecdote was reported by the Scout.com national guys, not Mark Murphy. Mark just relayed the news.

If it's true, Nick is a bozo. Anyone with a half ounce of integrity knows you don't continue to run up your former employer's cell phone bill making calls for your new job. Now had he asked permission to use it a few weeks longer until he settled in and the Dolphins granted it, no problem. But apparently that wasn't the case since they shut the thing off.

what a douchebag, you just signed a 32 million dollar contract and you can't afford your own phone?

Or, since it's UAT business, use UAT's phone?

I don't know that it is actually an NCAA violation, but it seems at least questionable to me to use NFL resources to recruit college players for your school. Seems somewhat like a conflict of interest or something. Any thoughts on how the NCAA might look on it?

Might I suggest the Cingular 8525:

cingular-8125-l.gif

It features Windows Mobile, as well as a "QWERTY" keypad, which will make text-messaging all those 5-star recruits so much easier.

I don't see where it's such a problem with Nick using they're phone. I mean, while he was their, they said he could use it anywhere, not just here or they're. Look, it's there problem, not his. He's not their anymore so if they want there phone, they can just drive up their and get it.

So they're!

You're going to hell for that.

I wub noo!

what a douchebag, you just signed a 32 million dollar contract and you can't afford your own phone?

I don't know that it is actually an NCAA violation, but it seems at least questionable to me to use NFL resources to recruit college players for your school. Seems somewhat like a conflict of interest or something. Any thoughts on how the NCAA might look on it?

Nick just received over 300 panic e-mails from bama fans reading this thread. :P

I don't see where it's such a problem with Nick using they're phone. I mean, while he was their, they said he could use it anywhere, not just here or they're. Look, it's there problem, not his. He's not their anymore so if they want there phone, they can just drive up their and get it.

So they're!

Perfect! Ware having our resident barristor-type taking up for Nick $aban's ethical lapses and giving the bammies some ammo on this issue. Where it not for the internet spreading this story around, I can't see wear any of us would even get a chance to speak out on it. Wear is the conscience of the bammie nation on this topic? They can't honestly think Nick forgot he was we'reing his Dolphin phone on his belt. Can they?

Nick just received over 300 panic e-mails from bama fans reading this thread. :P

Hey...whatever I can do to put a little more stress and aggravation in the lives of the Tide faithful!! :thumbsup::big:

So they're!

Perfect! Ware having our resident barristor-type taking up for Nick $aban's ethical lapses and giving the bammies some ammo on this issue. Where it not for the internet spreading this story around, I can't see wear any of us would even get a chance to speak out on it. Wear is the conscience of the bammie nation on this topic? They can't honestly think Nick forgot he was we'reing his Dolphin phone on his belt. Can they?

I wasn't really sticking up for Nicky back their. Just saying it was they're phone so they could have come to wear he is up their in Tuxcaloozer and get there phone back. Personally, if I was the Dolphins, I'd where him out when I got up they're.

$4 million per year salary

Use of two University owned jets

Highest paid coaching staff in the world of college football

Anointed the worlds greatest recruiter by Bama fans

Caught illegally using cell phone: PRICELESS!

Saban and the cell phone..

Saban is the lowest of the low. The Dolphins were even paying for his calls to assistants around the country before he left.

Story from Mark Murphy on ITAT, it comes from NFL types talking about Saban at the Senior Bowl.

There is a lot of talk about Nick Saban down here. Most of it negative at the Senior Bowl amongst the NFL community but on the outside Alabama fans are happy with the Tide's new hire.

One rather humorous story is about Saban and the cell phone given to him by the Miami Dolphins.

Seems Saban was given a cell phone with an unlimited account while he was head coach of the Dolphins. After bolting Miami for the Alabama job the organization continued to get huge cell phone bills from Saban's account. When the calls were traced it seems the former Dolphin coach was using the phone for his new job to recruit high-school prospects for Alabama!

The source told us the phone was immediately shut off.

How do you explain having to switch numbers to the recruits? :P

How is it illegal to use a cell phone that you were given?? :big:

I was thinking the same thing........if this story is true, i can see the moral side of this being wrong.

Meh, morality is overrated anyway.

Dude, you would make an awesome uat fan. With that logic you could:

1) Overlook Wimp Sanderson beating his wife and secretary for five years.

2) Overlook Mike Dubose getting caught with his secretary.

3) Overlook Mike Dubose flat footed lying to the entire Bama Nation about lil Debbie.

4) Overlook Mike Dubose doing all that and paying a $350,000 payoff to lil Debbie because changing hcs might cost you a win next season.

5) Overlook Mike Dubose's staff and Logan Young conspiring to pay $150k for a DL in Memphis.

6) Overlook the Huie Article dationg back to 1929.

7) Overlook Saban lying his rear off about going to Alabama.

8) Overlook Wimp setting the record straight on why Alabama refused to play UAB for so many years. Because he knew he would get beat by Bartow, said so on the Winches show back in 1985 WHEN he thought they were commercial breaksaid so in so many words directly to Herb On-air.

9) Overlook on all the times Bama turned us in and get mad about it when UT does the same to you.

ETC ETC ETC, but you get the point.

LegionF used smilies and what not... he's just having fun with this as we are. Of course using someone else's cell phone is wrong. An were do it said ware we should to be grumatuhcul?

Meh, morality is overrated anyway.

Dude, you would make an awesome uat fan. With that logic you could:

1) Overlook Wimp Sanderson beating his wife and secretary for five years.

2) Overlook Mike Dubose getting caught with his secretary.

3) Overlook Mike Dubose flat footed lying to the entire Bama Nation about lil Debbie.

4) Overlook Mike Dubose doing all that and paying a $350,000 payoff to lil Debbie because changing hcs might cost you a win next season.

5) Overlook Mike Dubose's staff and Logan Young conspiring to pay $150k for a DL in Memphis.

6) Overlook the Huie Article dationg back to 1929.

7) Overlook Saban lying his rear off about going to Alabama.

8) Overlook Wimp setting the record straight on why Alabama refused to play UAB for so many years. Because he knew he would get beat by Bartow, said so on the Winches show back in 1985 WHEN he thought they were commercial breaksaid so in so many words directly to Herb On-air.

9) Overlook on all the times Bama turned us in and get mad about it when UT does the same to you.

ETC ETC ETC, but you get the point.

I think that was a sarcastic reply to ECEstudentUA

Archived