Since when does an Arabic speaking nation

Bottomfeeder

English is the language of the international manufacturing world.

Since when does an Arabic speaking nation, mark their weapons in English?

Since when has an Arabic speaking nation manufactured much of anything? Since they don't manufacture, they must purchase.

English is the language of the international manufacturing world.

I can attest to this. When I first arrived at Taji in March '04 the place was littered with brand new replacement MiG engines and other various aircraft parts still in their original crates and packaging. Everything was made in France. I can't read a lick of French but I know everything was made in France because it was written in English.

Well then, the numbers and lettering are explained. I guess the only thing left to explain is why BF lets nutjobs like Lew Rockwell get his conspiracy gland over-stimulated.

Well then, the numbers and lettering are explained. I guess the only thing left to explain is why BF lets nutjobs like Lew Rockwell get his conspiracy gland over-stimulated.

No, what is left to explain should be explained by the intelligence community on how they know these are Iranian munitions.

And explain these discrepancies with the identifiers.

The absence of dating using the Iranian calendar for one thing. The use of the Roman alphabet for the markings on the shell, rather than the use of Farsi, for another. You see, in the past, Iranian armaments that have been captured or found had markings on them which were printed in Farsi (which uses a form of the Arabic alphabet) such as these from 1997:

...However, a significant portion of newer ordnance originated in Iran, as indicated by Farsi markings stenciled onto it. This included large quantities of G-3 assault rifles, landmines, and mortar ammunition. [...]

No. 4 Pedal Mines (Iran—green plastic with Farsi writing, shoe mines) [...]

[M]ost of the equipment the SAF captured from Eritrean Islamic Jihad in the Togan area of northeastern Sudan in April 1997 bore Farsi writing and was Iranian-made, from boots to light weapons.

Isn't that odd? Iranian armaments, including mortar shells, have markings in the Farsi language on them when discovered in the Sudan in 1997, but Iranian arms alleged to have killed 170 US soldiers in Iraq have no Farsi markings on them when captured in 2007. Even odder, most US troop deaths (by far) have occurred in the Sunni areas of Iraq (e.g., Anbar province, around Tikrit, West Baghdad), but these Iranian arms are supposedly being delivered to Shi'a militias

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/2/12/8822/67192

No, what is left to explain should be explained by the intelligence community on how they know these are Iranian munitions.

You wouldn't believe them anyway.

Everybody knows they don't speak or use Arabic in Iran. They use Persian. Duuuahh.

I stand corrected. Farsi is use to mark Iranian munitions. I just thought it was odd that they were in English that's all.

And they don't use the Georgian calender either.

What is the Gregorian date of 10 Tir 1369 (Persian)? The number 1369 is to be found in the middle column of the table. In the upper part of that column we find 1 Tir = 22 June. The number of the Gregorian year is 1369 + 621 = 1990. Thus, 1 Tir 1369 (Persian) corresponds to 22 June 1990 (Gregorian). Going nine days ahead we find 10 Tir 1369 on 31 June 1990 which is 1 July 1990, because June has only 30 days.

Face it, that's our $#!!.

Everybody knows they don't speak or use Arabic in Iran. They use Persian. Duuuahh.

I stand corrected. Farsi is use to mark Iranian munitions. I just thought it was odd that they were in English that's all.

And they don't use the Georgian calender either.

What is the Gregorian date of 10 Tir 1369 (Persian)? The number 1369 is to be found in the middle column of the table. In the upper part of that column we find 1 Tir = 22 June. The number of the Gregorian year is 1369 + 621 = 1990. Thus, 1 Tir 1369 (Persian) corresponds to 22 June 1990 (Gregorian). Going nine days ahead we find 10 Tir 1369 on 31 June 1990 which is 1 July 1990, because June has only 30 days.

Face it, that's our $#!!.

I would bet it is Chinese stuff. Iran is just buying it from the Chinese.

Do I have to go there?

NO. We already know that Clinton let more secrets leak to China than any other president in history.

Have you ever seen a product marked, "MADE IN CHINA" or "MADE IN MEXICO"? I've seen millions of them.

Sorry I missed all the language lesson. For what it is worth there BF those mortars are not made by the United States or Britain. The paint job on 81mm and 60mm ammunition that we use much is different than that.

BF, you should be more concerned with Iranian kids riding around in unidentifiable tanks.

tankpq4.png

BF, you should be more concerned with Iranian kids riding around in unidentifiable tanks.

tankpq4.png

There you go again, confusing the will of the people with the will of their leaders.

Dang, I meant to scan and post last night the Iranian money I took of an Iranian insurgent back in '04. The money, on both sides, is printed in English. Maybe tonight.

Archived