I thought Sarah did a great job tonight

Tigermike

I think Sarah Palin rather effectively introduced herself to the American public tonight.

Link to Sarah Palins convention speech

"Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the current do-nothing Senate, not long ago summed up his feelings about our nominee.

He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain.

That is only one more reason to take the maverick of the Senate and put him in the White House. My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer."

This was one of my favorite parts:

"This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed . when the roar of the crowd fades away . when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger . take more of your money . give you more orders from Washington . and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy . our opponent is against producing it.

Victory in Iraq is finally in sight . he wants to forfeit."

"Here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of the country,".

"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better," she said.

"When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too," she said.

I'm beginning to understand and appreciate why she's been named "Sarah Barracuda".

Lame attempts by the Left to paint Palin as being FOR the Bridge to No Where, when the facts are that she's done a great job in cutting out waste and pork in her Gov't, as Alaska now has a mulit BILLION dollar surplus.

She did that as GOVERNOR. In contrast, Barack's never even been the executive of his home owners association!

FACT

Lame attempts by the Left to paint Palin as being FOR the Bridge to No Where,

I heard a small bit about this last night after the speech.

The common knowledge fact is "Bridge to No Where" was not constructed and common sense tells me that the Chief Executive of the State of Alaska who oversees the Alaska Dept. of Transportation had a hand in seeing to that.

Archived