Auburn blows through it's Outback ticket allotment

TitanTiger

Auburn has sold its original allotment of 11,000 tickets for the Outback Bowl, but that doesn't mean the school's ticket office is shut down.

The Tigers are still selling tickets to the game -- they've passed the 13,000 mark -- and will continue offering tickets to the New Year's Day game in Tampa against Northwestern for an extended time.

There's no limit on the number of tickets Auburn can sell, said Senior Associate Athletics Director Scott Carr.

"The feeling is very positive right now,'' Carr said Wednesday. "We want to sell more, and we think that we will. Our fans are excited. We're still processing orders. We'll be able to continue every order that comes our way."

The 13,000 tickets sold are more than either of last year's participants - Iowa and South Carolina - sold to their matchup. Iowa sold 12,700 and South Carolina sold about 10,000. The attendance was 55,117.

Auburn knew it was going to the Outback Bowl for almost a week before the SEC allowed the school to officially say it on Sunday. The Tigers have, nonetheless, been selling tickets to the game for a week.

"We're certainly happy with the number, but we're not satisfied. We want to keep selling,'' Carr said.

That would suit the Outback Bowl just fine.

"Bowls typically like the schools to go ahead and sell the tickets for a lot of reasons, and one of them is it allows the fans of the schools to sit in the same areas,'' Carr said.

Auburn and Northwestern each received an original bowl allotment of 11,000 tickets, as mandated by the contract with the SEC and Big Ten.

Carr said Auburn is encouraging fans to order tickets through the school instead of the bowl for that reason. Tickets sold through the school tend to impress bowl committees, too.

The $70 tickets for the game in Raymond James Stadium can be ordered on the Internet through the Auburn ticket office by clicking here, or by calling 800-282-1957.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/12/auburn_ticket_sales_exceed_out.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=autigerwire

Great news! Auburn should bring a lot of fans for such a great bowl that Auburn will not play in very often. Looks good for future bowl bids as well. Let's hope it helps the team pull out a W!

How many more can we sell? Is there anybody left that hasn't bought yet?

We can keep selling as long as Auburn folks keep buying. There's no limit, at least until the game is sold out.

Should be a nice atmosphere for the team. Are we the home team in this game?

Just got my tickets. This will be my first Outback Bowl so I'm ready. What's the weather like normally in Tampa for New Years?

For those who have purchased through the ticket office, what kind of seats are you getting?

I'm the bad guy. I refused to buy tickets without knowing where they are so I got 2 in Sec. 138 off stubhub. Hey - its the Auburn side.

How long does it take to get your tickets

after you ordered them? Can't wait for mine

to arrive.

I ordered mine through Auburn U. on December 4th and they haven't come yet. I wouldn't be expecting them yet if not for some other posters here already getting theirs. Now I'm getting antsy!

are there tkts still for sale?

Yes, Auburn has received more tickets, there are plenty right now. www.AuburnTigers.com will fix you right up!

Archived