Obama Citizenship Info

autiger4life

I was looking at citizenship information and came across this info from constituion.net

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

* Anyone born inside the United States *

* Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe

* Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

* Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

* Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

* A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

The one I found interesting is this: Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years

So even if Obama wasn't born in the US, wouldn't that mean he could still run for President? So all this stuff still is meaningless even if the crazy conspiracy was true.

This is a bunch of people who need to focus their energy on the here and now. Obama is a citizen and that's the end of it.

I put it in the same level as Clinton refusing to release his medical files to the press.

Curious, but not a real issue.

Until it becomes one.

I put it in the same level as Clinton refusing to release his medical files to the press.

Until it becomes one.

What did Obama refuse to release? He released his Birth Cert.

And again, if you had actually read, I was point out that even if he wasn't born in the US he would still have citizenship and be able to run for President so whether he was born here or not would be a moot point.

Until it becomes one.

And again, if you had actually read, I was point out that even if he wasn't born in the US he would still have citizenship and be able to run for President so whether he was born here or not would be a moot point.

I was under the impression that he's not released the actual document, only a photo copy.

Until it becomes one.

I was under the impression that he's not released the actual document, only a photo copy.

At least that photo copy is more than the military records John Kerry released.

Until it becomes one.

FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate.

The Associated Press quoted Chiyome Fukino(Director of Hawaii's Dept. of Health) as saying that both she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Instead of always saying "we HAVE released his birth certificate", why don't they re-release the birth certificate and any other documents that have not been released to the public to end this finally? It really seems like the Obama administration wants people to believe that he is not a citizens so that they can point at them and say "all of our critics are crazy".

Instead of always saying "we HAVE released his birth certificate", why don't they re-release the birth certificate and any other documents that have not been released to the public to end this finally? It really seems like the Obama administration wants people to believe that he is not a citizens so that they can point at them and say "all of our critics are crazy".

It would help if they weren't actually crazy. There's a saying by Winston Churchill: "Never murder your opponent when they are committing suicide." I think the same could be said for not correcting your opponent when they're making themselves look like moonbats. Just let them and let the normal people draw their own conclusions.

It would help if they weren't actually crazy. There's a saying by Winston Churchill: "Never murder your opponent when they are committing suicide." I think the same could be said for not correcting your opponent when they're making themselves look like moonbats. Just let them and let the normal people draw their own conclusions.

I agree that the strategy works. Obama was supposed to be a non-political president though and we could do without this noise so that the actual policies could be debated. But, he would rather have attention on the noise than his policies. He can win an argument about his citizenship. He can't win an argument about his policies.

I agree that the strategy works. Obama was supposed to be a non-political president though and we could do without this noise so that the actual policies could be debated. But, he would rather have attention on the noise than his policies. He can win an argument about his citizenship. He can't win an argument about his policies.

It's not his fault that moonbats act like moonbats. I don't recall other Presidents addressing all the wacko concerns of the lunatic fringe opposition either. If you want him to have to debate his policies, that is totally within the control of the wackos...stop yammering about stupid crap like birth certificates or him being a Muslim. No one's making these dolts keep the focus off substantial policy issues, they're doing it to themselves.

He worked hard to overcome that didn't he?

It's not his fault that moonbats act like moonbats. I don't recall other Presidents addressing all the wacko concerns of the lunatic fringe opposition either. If you want him to have to debate his policies, that is totally within the control of the wackos...stop yammering about stupid crap like birth certificates or him being a Muslim. No one's making these dolts keep the focus off substantial policy issues, they're doing it to themselves.

He did it to himself. He is a half-Kenyan who refused to release the information when first asked. It's not like his daddy wanted to be an American, he didn't. Therefore our president in only from half-American descent. That is what ruffled feathers. When questioned, he acted appalled that he was questioned. And in reality, it was a very legitimate question.

So far the documents have been enough to prove he is a citizen. He just did not respond quickly enough. In the future, every candidate should be required to fill out an application with proof of citizenship being one of the criteria. Up until this half-American/half-Kenyan, we had not had this issue arise. If you expect to be the first at something, expect to be questioned heavily.

If it is found out in the future that for some reason he is not a citizen, then he should be tried for treason.

You guys are great. PLEASE keep talking about this.

It's just a message board. Get over yourself.....

Unlike most dims, we can discuss this issue and address others at the same time. But I understand that is hard to understand when you have been indoctrinated so heavily by the left.

He did it to himself. He is a half-Kenyan who refused to release the information when first asked. It's not like his daddy wanted to be an American, he didn't. Therefore our president in only from half-American descent. That is what ruffled feathers. When questioned, he acted appalled that he was questioned. And in reality, it was a very legitimate question.

So far the documents have been enough to prove he is a citizen. He just did not respond quickly enough. In the future, every candidate should be required to fill out an application with proof of citizenship being one of the criteria. Up until this half-American/half-Kenyan, we had not had this issue arise. If you expect to be the first at something, expect to be questioned heavily.

If it is found out in the future that for some reason he is not a citizen, then he should be tried for treason.

Regardless of how long it took him, the documentation has been available for quite some time now. But you've still got a bunch of nutty birthers running around expressing doubt on the subject instead of just letting it go. So if anyone is bringing something on themselves, it's the moonbats. Don't complain about distractions from substantive discussion of policy when the Tinfoil Hat Brigade is still whispering about Kenya and Allah.

I would love to see a link to the released original birth certificate. I do not think there is a picture of it out there. I am perfectly satisfied that Obama is a U.S. citizen, but I still think he has intentionally not released his original birth certificate. I think it is fun to speculate on why he has not release it. Please prove this birther wrong.

What do you mean by "original"? The exact piece of paper from the day he was born? I don't even have that. But I have an official copy of my birth certificate, signed and certified by my state of birth.

As for people who saw, held and took photos of his birth certificate in person:

http://factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Sure, I think it's fun to speculate if it didn't make conservatives look like loons.

Archived