Biggest comeback in Iron Bowl history?

AUfaninNM

Looking at the series history, this has got to be the largest comeback deficit ever. I recall in '98 Bama came from 0-17 to win 31-17, but can't remember anything even close to this. StatTiger??

Yes, biggest IB comeback ever for Auburn. In the 1970 Iron Bowl we were behind 17-0 after one quarter and won 33-28. I think that was our biggest in the Iron Bowl until tonight.

I think that was our biggest in the Iron Bowl until tonight.

It was also the biggest comeback in school history for ANY football game, and it's even sweeter because it was in the Iron Bowl! We witnessed all kinds of history today! :cheer:

Yes, biggest IB comeback ever for Auburn. In the 1970 Iron Bowl we were behind 17-0 after one quarter and won 33-28. I think that was our biggest in the Iron Bowl until tonight.

Auburn was down 17 early in the second quarter, I was about to give up hope, then Pat Sullivan through a pass to fb Harry Unger in the flat for a nice gain. The come back started from there.

When AU stopped UA today at the end of the half, you just had to think they would get back in the game.

Little Doc

Archived