Dear Jay Jacobs

RunInRed

Funny tweet exchange:

Joe Schad (ESPN): @schadjoe Vandy interested in Auburn OC Gus Malzahn, who will be hot commodity

Jay Tate (Montgomery Advertiser): I'm interested in Jenna Fischer, too. @schadjoe

We can't keep him when he gets a good offer from a good school at which he has a chance of success (Vandy is a good school, but no chance of success). Jacobs should make certain we pay enough that Gus can be patient and wait for the right offer to come along.

WDE!

Bob in Winter Haven, Fl

I'd make him coach in waiting....LOL! But really....can he turn down 1 million a year as an offensive co-ordinator just yet? I hope we have one more year with him.

I think it will be about things other than the money. When a good opportunity at a program with potential comes along, I expect Gus to take it. I think he stays at Auburn until that opportunity comes. I don't think Vandy, bless their lil' ole' hearts, is what he's looking for.

Remember, Coach Chizik hired Malzhon. When the time comes, Chizik will hire another good OC. The head coach is the one that sets the tone and defines the program. As long as Chizik is our head man we'll be in good shape.

My point is, we should take the money factor out of the equation.

Agreed, and I think we'll do that. According to reports in the media last winter, Gus is alrerady the highest paid OC in college football. There were a few DC's that are paid more, though why DC should be a higher paid position than OC I don't know. Maybe that was just a question of individuals and longevity at different schools.

ESPN reports that Vanderbilt has high interest in Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn. I don’t doubt that is true, but people who know Malzahn don’t believe he’d take the Vanderbilt job. He wants to win, and that’s not happening at Vanderbilt.

Don’t be surprised if, at season’s end, Auburn doesn’t move to make it very, very attractive for him to stay around. …

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Phillips-blog-Sudden-change-6697

Pay CGM whatever it takes. He is the guru and cannot be replaced. I can tell you who will make a play for him, UF. They committed the bad mistake that we made a few years ago by promoting an OL coach to OC. Does not work. Different mindset. We need to petition McNally to remove Gainsville from the atlas.

How much money does Auburn get just to play in the National Championship game? And, how much money will they get if they WIN the National Championship game? I'm sure we can afford to slide him some ******* cash!!

How much money does Auburn get just to play in the National Championship game? And, how much money will they get if they WIN the National Championship game? I'm sure we can afford to slide him some ******* cash!!

If I am not mistake, Auburn will not directly get any cash for making the National Championship game. The SEC as a whole will make money. In other words, every team in the SEC will get an even split of the money for all of the bowl games.

If I am not mistake, Auburn will not directly get any cash for making the National Championship game. The SEC as a whole will make money. In other words, every team in the SEC will get an even split of the money for all of the bowl games.

No Auburn gets a major share depending on how much the bowl pays out. Something like 1.8 Million. Its not that much more than any other team gets for winning any other bcs bowl.

The last time I checked, the bowl pot, including the BCS bowl, is divided into 13 slices. The SEC office gets one and the rest of the teams in the conference get one each. Teams that actually go to a bowl game get extra before the pot is divided to pay for their expenses, but after the expenses are paid, Auburn and Vandy will get the same amount.

Of course, the coaches, coaches wives, players and so forth of teams that don't go bowling don't get all expense paid trips and other goodies.

I don't see Malzhon leaving for a coordinator's job. It will have to be a head coaching job at a school that has a chance to do something positive.

I see Malzahn leaving if these allegations don't clear up soon. No coach wants to get caught at a school who's program is about to go downhill. If he does leave this year, I hope it's not Miami. That would look really really bad on us, since Miami has a worse reputation with cheating than we do.

Archived