CSS replay of Iron Bowl - On Demand

AURaptor

I'm guessing, because it was at Tuscaloosa, that the bama radio gets the nod.

Wow. Talk about uninspiring and one sided.

I've heard Eli a few times, but never sat down, watched a game as he was calling it. He and his color guy are less than stellar. I've heard several broadcast duos, UGA, GT and some of the network guys, but man.....

I don't mind if folks are calling as 'homers', but at least be honest and fair about the game.

bama's color guy said Nick Fairley's personal foul call in the 1st was because he couldn't keep his emotions in check.

It was a 100% bogus call, no doubt about it.

A fair call would have been to acknowledge the refs saw it one way, but that it wasn't all that much of a 'show' on Nick's part. But that's not how the bama guy called it. Twice he talked about how Fairley showed too much emotion. Nonsense.

Ken Stabler is worse than any other radio color commentator on the planet. And I'd rather have a voluntary colonoscopy than listen to Eli Gold say one word. :puke:

Ken Stabler is worse than any other radio color commentator on the planet. And I'd rather have a voluntary colonoscopy than listen to Eli Gold say one word. :puke:

They let Kenny go a few years ago bc he couldn't stay sober.

Barry Krauss is now the color analyst.

yeah, I didn't think that was still Kenny there w/ him.

So refreshing to hear Rod and company do the SECCG. Showed so much more enthusiasm and professionalism... they picked up on several key details of the game. Nice to have announces actually pay attention to what's going on on the field.

I'm guessing, because it was at Tuscaloosa, that the bama radio gets the nod.

Wow. Talk about uninspiring and one sided.

I've heard Eli a few times, but never sat down, watched a game as he was calling it. He and his color guy are less than stellar. I've heard several broadcast duos, UGA, GT and some of the network guys, but man.....

I don't mind if folks are calling as 'homers', but at least be honest and fair about the game.

bama's color guy said Nick Fairley's personal foul call in the 1st was because he couldn't keep his emotions in check.

It was a 100% bogus call, no doubt about it.

A fair call would have been to acknowledge the refs saw it one way, but that it wasn't all that much of a 'show' on Nick's part. But that's not how the bama guy called it. Twice he talked about how Fairley showed too much emotion. Nonsense.

As bad as it is, it is almost worth it to hear Eli's call of the last TD by Auburn. The pain and mourning in his voice are just wonderful.

Archived