2013 4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson signee)

WarTiger

I'm not too high on this kid for some reason. Don't know why. But if our coaches think its a good idea, then I am all for it.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too high on this kid for some reason. Don't know why. But if our coaches think its a good idea, then I am all for it.

^^ Probable because he committed  then de-committed. But to his credit, he never visited before this weekend and our coaches seem to really want this youngster!

Surprised that, with all the ncaa stuff going on at Miami, he's still considering them. I know he's from the area, but still, Miami has never even had its own stadium. Still baffles me how they won so many titles, how they attracted so many athletes, back in the 80's, when they had next to nothing in terms of facilities. High Schools were better equipped than Miami.

I know a little something about the 'Canes. I grew up (partially) a couple of miles from their campus and a brother-in-law was a professor there through the 80's and 90's.

First off, there are more major college prospects within 50 miles of their campus than are in the entire state of Alabama. More high schools too, and high schools with better financed athletic departments.

Once they got that "U" thing rolling it was easy to maintain the culture there. The campus is very nice and what few players they bring in from "up north" are blown away by the winter weather, Calle Ocho, South Beach and the rest of the glitter. The lack of an on-campus stadium has never posed a problem. It was "Hey! We play EVERY home game in the Orange Bowl, same stadium as the Dolphins!".

Not everybody wants to live in, or even visit the city that Miami has become but to an 18 year old kid, particularly one that grew up nearby, it's not bad at all.

Other than Okie, UM's the only college I know where every ALUMNUS I've ever met cultivates the aura of being a renegade program. I'm talking about boasting "we cheat better than you". Doctors, teachers, engineers, etc. And living in Tallahassee I run into a LOT of UM alum.

sidenote, IMHO Miami was an awesome place to live in the 70s & even 80s. I went to Jr High (Ponce) across the street from U of M (Canes baseball tickets had free admission to the home FSU or UF game on the back...wish I'd kept one of those). Lived there again in the early '90s and what an overrated dump of angry sociopaths that city's become. Maybe just b/c I remember when it WAS a paradise?

Come on up Jayron, Auburn's real!

"First off, there are more major college prospects within 50 miles of their campus than are in the entire state of Alabama."

This is what people don't really grasp. I, too, lived in South Florida (Broward County/Ft. Lauderdale, in my case), and I can attest to the ridiculous number of D-1 prospects in that area. We don't really compete in Texas (until recently) or California, but those three states supply not only their own, in-state college football factories, but a huge chunk of the other major conference programs nationwide.

Think about it: Otis Mounds, Brian Robinson, Calvin Jackson, Charles Dorsey, Pat Sims, James Bostic, Frank Sanders, Stanley McClover, Antoine Carter (and that's just off the top of my head) came to Auburn from just ONE HIGH SCHOOL (Dillard) in Fort Lauderdale. The talent down there is crazy.

Add Junior Rosegreen and Harry Adams (now just a Track & Field guy but still) to the list for Dillard High.

^^ Probable because he committed  then de-committed. But to his credit, he never visited before this weekend and our coaches seem to really want this youngster!

Our coaches want him at AU, I want him at AU.

“@JayronKearse8: KIND OF KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL”-- #wareagle #AUfamily

Is that a "sorta" commitment?

“@JayronKearse8: KIND OF KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL”-- #wareagle #AUfamily

If that doesn't say it, I don't know what does....besides a tattoo.

“@JayronKearse8: KIND OF KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL”

I don't see the #wareagle #AUfamily

“@JayronKearse8: KIND OF KNOW WHERE I WANT TO GO PLAY COLLEGE BALL”

I don't see the #wareagle #AUfamily

was that added by @flywareagle, because it was not part of #bmatt's retweet

When will it come.

Well he was waiting til an all star game. Do not know if that is still the case.

We were the last school he has visited, right? or did he visit Clemson after us this weekend?  :dunno:

1. Yes 2. no

I was just looking up his Scout profile and they have him ranked highest as an OLB. Got me thinking about Karlos Dansby. He fits that body type with about 20-25 more lbs. Would be awesome to have another KD. Rangy, long LB out there, but if he got one of his long arms on you, you were goin' down! Man I miss that group of LB's.

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=5534614  < JK's Scout Profile

We were the last school he has visited, right? or did he visit Clemson after us this weekend?  :dunno:

1. Yes 2. no

Then, i feel like that makes a huge difference and we are his leader currently but... :dunno:

He just tweeted he kind of knows where he wants to go play college ball... Sorry on my phone so cant copy and paste. Check out brian matthews he retweeted it

I was just looking up his Scout profile and they have him ranked highest as an OLB. Got me thinking about Karlos Dansby. He fits that body type with about 20-25 more lbs. Would be awesome to have another KD. Rangy, long LB out there, but if he got one of his long arms on you, you were goin' down! Man I miss that group of LB's.

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=5534614  < JK's Scout Profile

I wrote earlier in this post I'd rather he played defense.  I'm not a coach though.  Jevon Kearse was this size and recruited to play DB at Florida when he came out of high school......maybe Jayron can be the freak pt 2 :-X

Archived