2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love his balance and ability to bounce off tackles. It seems that lately our RBs haven't been able to do that proficiently. Dude just doesn't want to go down. Breakaway speed to boot. My only concern is the "lightness" of his feet (how he seems to bounce a little), but it sure does seem to work for him. WDE!

And I have to coach against this guy!

11 man blitz gives you the best odds of stopping him. (1 percent chance, that is.)

From watching his tape, I think I would try to sneak 14 on the D side of the ball.

I was wrong myself thinking we should move on. Glad Roc thinks for himself and refuses to be pushed into a decision. Anyone know what his parents thought of Auburn and their influence if any at all here. We just need to show it on the field so our current recruits can't wait to put on the O & B themselves and attract other targets we need to flip.

Roc + Rock = TD !

rocs recruitment was similar to Caddy reminds ne a lot of it. Kid fell in live with AU and knew we wrre best fit for him.

Love to hear that!

He made a good decision and I am happy for him. If he continues to work hard, the sky is the limit. I expect our offensive line to be very good while he is here. He should contribute as a freshman, but Roc and Pettway will make an AUsome duo as sophomores. There are plenty of carries to go around in this offense.

rocs recruitment was similar to Caddy reminds ne a lot of it. Kid fell in live with AU and knew we wrre best fit for him.

That sounds great. I know I had that special feeling about AU and feel that it is a truly special and unique place. BTW, I never doubted you.

I can't express how happy this commitment makes me; if not for Fournette's slight size advantage age and incredible breakaway speed, he would be the best back in this class IMHO. On the other hand, he has a shiftiness and a mean "GTFOM" move (love this), as well as a balance that reminds me of Adrian Petersen. His first three steps are quite impressive and in my opinion he has an ability to be what Dyer could (should) have been on runs behind quick pulling guards. I only wish he could run behind Prosch for at least one season, but oh well. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of his repertoire is his intelligence and his assertive nature. Coupled with his willingness to express the aforementioned intelligence in a forthright and strong, yet inoffensive fashion is what sets him apart from the stammering, "'dis i' jis uh bid'niss decision fo me and muh fam'lee" <cough Reuben cough> plebeians that are rife with desirous $$ delusions of grandeur that have fueled that program for the last few years. As an aside, people once built cars that were intended to run on manure, but we see how long that lasted; now lets see how long their program runs when we run on gas and they feed the flame with horse apples. <end rant>

And to echo some of the other posters' sentiments, I've been drinking Jalapeño-infused tequila cocktails since I read this. WAR EAGLE!

Incredible commit with immense talent. Speed, quicks, wiggle, power, stiff arm, yards after contact and hands. Probably more than anything, the family came at peace with his decision.

Anyone know what his parents thought of Auburn and their influence if any at all here?

Roc + Rock = TD !

They really like the new staff and have let Roc make his own decision.

Anyone know what his parents thought of Auburn and their influence if any at all here?

Roc + Rock = TD !

The way it should be ....

I graduated from CADC. People do not realize it puts Auburn on the map. The architecture program is one of the most respected in the country because of the rural studio. Im glad roc made the right choice. War damn eagle.

War Eagle Roc. Where all those connections to his coach or friends of his friend nowe lol. Kid has been all AU since big cat

His head coach is a bammer but he wanted Roc to go to AU. Knew it was the best fit for Roc and AU did a better job recruiting Roc.

Roc + Rock = TD !

Thank you E. Glad his parents like the Auburn staff and see Auburn for who we are.

War Damn Eagle !

To me he looks like Carnell meets Trent Richardson.

He's no where near Richardson's size. Richardson was 225 at Alabama. This kid is about 25 lbs. lighter.

Mike Dyer Version 2

Ummm no. Dyer was Maurice Jones Drew 2.0. Roc is leaner and not stocky like those 2. They have more power while Roc has more wiggle and a bit more speed than them. Roc also uses every special button move in the EA Sports football games very affectively which many backs don't. For example he has a killer stiff arm. It's like he is running in Heisman mode all the time. He is closer to Caddy 2.0

Archived