2014 5* RB Racean "Roc" Thomas COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!

bigbuck

TIFWIW but Bryan Matthews changed his pick on Roc Thomas to Auburn today. Something smells a brewin. Link

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fixin' to get busy. :)

Hmmmm, hadn't picked up on that yet E. Don't let certain people know that you are feeling a PRO-Auburn vibe cuz they will try to throw a wet blanket on the deal! Lol! WDE!

Hmmmm, hadn't picked up on that yet E. Don't let certain people know that you are feeling a PRO-Auburn vibe cuz they will try to throw a wet blanket on the deal! Lol! WDE!

Yeah but most of them are on another site. :laugh:

This will be a battle till NSD. I will say that I think this kid could put up record numbers in AU's offense. Of all RBs Gus has gone after I don't think I have seen one that could fit better than this kid. Will have to see what happens

Something is definitely buzzing around recruiting. Think things are all lining up for Big Cat.

I know it would probably not happen, but it would be great for all our top targets to just lower the boom and all commit during Big Cat Weekend, and say "I'm going to Auburn University (or University of Auburn, I don't care what they say if we get them all) and I am shutting down my recruitment". I want to see us with 8-10 4 and 5 star guys this early, be number 1 on the recruiting standings, and let all the NSD guys know that seats on the Gus-Bus are very selective, and you better get on while you have the chance!!!

War Eagle!!!

Something is definitely buzzing around recruiting. Think things are all lining up for Big Cat.

I know it would probably not happen, but it would be great for all our top targets to just lower the boom and all commit during Big Cat Weekend, and say "I'm going to Auburn University (or University of Auburn, I don't care what they say if we get them all) and I am shutting down my recruitment". I want to see us with 8-10 4 and 5 star guys this early, be number 1 on the recruiting standings, and let all the NSD guys know that seats on the Gus-Bus are very selective, and you better get on while you have the chance!!!

War Eagle!!!

Like everything that u said, but the "gus bus" so sick of hearing this, there are no busses that go at Gus' speed!!

Reminds me of Lache Seastrunk. I want him in AU uniform.

That jump step reminds me of Cadillac Williams....Ahhh the memories :roflol:

Definitely, yes! Pettway - Ronnie Brown and Thomas - Cadillac Williams! Perfect combo!

His film had me seeing Cadillac again. Runs just like him IMO.

JC Shurburtt as well...

#Auburn may just be getting started. @ArmyAllAmerican RB Racean Thomas projection to the Tigers http://bit.ly/10rStMF

@jcshurburtt

The funny thing is as of a week ago there were 8-10 predictions with all but Penny picking Bama. I find it very interesting that all the Bama reporters who had made picks withdrew their picks.

I mean this in all honesty... For Roc. Go to Bama you'll be a good running back.... Come to Auburn and you will be immortalized as a super star. He is that good and he fits this offense perfect. Power, balance, speed, vision, and elusiveness. The second coming of Caddie!!!

I was listening to 97.3 in Birmingham on my way home yesterday afternoon and they (and I am not sure who they are, as it seems that channel has someone different on every afternoon these days) were talking like it was pretty much a done deal that Roc Thomas would be committing to AU. I caught the tail end of the conversation so I can't say if they had any inside information on that, but they seemed pretty sure.

I was listening to 97.3 in Birmingham on my way home yesterday afternoon and they (and I am not sure who they are, as it seems that channel has someone different on every afternoon these days) were talking like it was pretty much a done deal that Roc Thomas would be committing to AU. I caught the tail end of the conversation so I can't say if they had any inside information on that, but they seemed pretty sure.

It was probably Scott Griffin and he is tied to Andrew Bone and others that keep up with bama recruiting. If Bone is conceding Roc to AU then it is a pretty good bet it is true.

I end up having to listen to that crap when I'm at my office sometimes. Accessing my Sirrius XM from my desktop is terrible! I missed Bill King this morning as well with JC Shurbutt. Anyone hear anything with them this morning?

What is the latest on a timeframe for Roc to decide. His film is extremely impressive. He will be impressive.

What is the latest on a timeframe for Roc to decide. His film is extremely impressive. He will be impressive.

TBA. Hard to read him at moment.

just watched his 6 minute MaxPreps film... lost count of the stiff-arms after about 45 seconds. wowzer.

also, if he's 195 now, i imagine he could play at 215. looks like he could still fill-out a little.

Roc is a beast, I don't think he will announce anytime soon. We will have to be patient and see how things unfold. However, the more time Roc spends in Auburn the better.

I just watched some highlights from Roc again, and I really see the comparison to Cadillac. That puts Roc in great company. I have to think CGM would love to have him as a very high priority.

Roc is a beast, I don't think he will announce anytime soon. We will have to be patient and see how things unfold. However, the more time Roc spends in Auburn the better.

I agree. If people think about it, Roc is an elite RB that has an important decision to make but he is able to wait as long as he wants and still be able to go to most of the teams on his list. If he is warming to Auburn, I would think he would want to wait to at least see how we show out in the 9/14 MSU game and especially the 9/21 LSU game. That should give him a good measure of where the program stacks up in the SEC. I would be surprised if a top back like him makes a decision on AU before then, but you never know.

Archived