On The Recruiting Trail With The Mayor and AUSportTalk Summer Defense Edition

AUSportTalk

AUsome write-up guys! Only error I see is that Jordan Jenkins is a 2012 guy!  ;) Great job, though! THANKS!!!  I'd like to get Blackson, Niles, Landrum, Lanier, Swain, Drew (my FAVORITE overall recruit this year), Harrell, Wright, Garrett, Rose, Jones, Florence, and Marcus off the list!!  :happydance: Any from the list of Dickson, Rasco, McReynolds, Tuitt, Johnson, and Lyons would be icing on the cake, but I think that RIGHT NOW they would all probably be considered "long shots"!

What about Townsend, Frost, Showers, and Dixon?

Not ST or Mayor, but IMO Townsend has not shown any "real" interest, so that may be why he's not on there... Frost is being recruited to play WR for us... Showers is a possibility, but I haven't heard anything other than he would LIKE to maybe visit... and Dixon justs seems to be farther down the list, so that's maybe why he was left off!  :dunno:

Hopefully, Frost was left off because he's listed as an athlete.  The question was asked in another thread regarding Alabama's top 40 and why Harrell was omitted.  Mayor, anybody, can you shed some light?  Sure seems strange to me.

Nice job guys!!

Good article, and good prospects.  I worry about the lack of a top inside linebacker prospect, as that position really anchors the defense.  I didn't realize Niles was going to play DT, and I think we will have to carefully choose which DT we sign, because I doubt more than one 4* tackle (not counting JUCO) will commit to us with Niles and Blackson already there.  Personally, I'd prefer Gabe Wright. 

AUsome write-up guys! Only error I see is that Jordan Jenkins is a 2012 guy!  ;) Great job, though! THANKS!!!  I'd like to get Blackson, Niles, Landrum, Lanier, Swain, Drew (my FAVORITE overall recruit this year), Harrell, Wright, Garrett, Rose, Jones, Florence, and Marcus off the list!!  :happydance: Any from the list of Dickson, Rasco, McReynolds, Tuitt, Johnson, and Lyons would be icing on the cake, but I think that RIGHT NOW they would all probably be considered "long shots"!

Fixed lol.....when you start looking at names they ALL run together....sorry for the errors.

**Also, ALL athletes will be covered in next weeks offensive recruiting trail. Including: Wayne Lyons and Kris Frost.

Hopefully, Frost was left off because he's listed as an athlete.  The question was asked in another thread regarding Alabama's top 40 and why Harrell was omitted.  Mayor, anybody, can you shed some light?  Sure seems strange to me.

Yeah, Frost will be in next weeks edition. I'm not sure why Harrell was left off the Top 40. It seemed a little strange to me but we all know what kind of player he really is. He will move up the charts as the season goes on.

Great job on the article guys. I really appreciate it.  You guys are simply AUSOME.  We are gonna have a very very tough defense  to go with our high powered offense.  As we all know, offense wins games and  DEFENSE wins championships. Get ready baby. Something special is going on at Auburn.  War Damn Eagle    :party: :party: :party::wareagle::wedance::tdau::we:

Just wondering when yall will do the offense? I really like what you did for the defense. One last thing. I love the new look with our 4 head coaches.

Just wondering when yall will do the offense? I really like what you did for the defense. One last thing. I love the new look with our 4 head coaches.

Next week

Coach Chizik is pointing at YOU, A4E... and he's sayin' "YOU better get your butt ready for an AUsome year!"  ;)

Great Read! What about Brandon Fulse are wanting him at DE or TE. Some sites have him at one or the other. Thanks Guys!

Great list, good job guys!! I do hope we have some more linbackers pop on our radar cause we need at least three to sign this year.

Archived