Robenson Therezie

Lynx34

Sounds like a very poor attempt at justification.  It is just saying the same thing with a little more tact.  

I am not the one who will make this decision the coaches will.

It is the way recruiting works. If the coaches go against it and if the player is not going to beat out the other players then you will end up with:  

The player wasting his career and any chance at the NFL.  

The coaches losing a scholarship and spot to player that they can't really use.

Over time the teams talent will drop.

The team loses more games.

The coaches get fired.

That is compared to the player going to another school, getting to play, having a chance to get seen by the NFL, the team winning, and the coaches keeping their jobs.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to be clear. I am not knocking Lanier in anyway. I am simply talking about the situation. I believe the coaches are doing what they think is best for both sides and this is something that happens every year at almost every big school.

Please don't think that I am attacking you or anyone else.  I don't have all the facts at this point.  However, I believe there is a fundamental principle at stake and that principle is also at the center of what Auburn family is all about.

I am just saying that there are lots of factors that go into recruiting a player. You can't just tell 25 players they can come no matter what and not be open to any other possibilties. There are different types of offers and the players know what type they have and what the factors are but they can still commit no matter what. Even if they don't have an offer at all. It is alot more complicated and comes down to alot of things.

WoW! I feel like i created a hornets nest by referring to the info on this thread by DJ when i posted about Lanier on the class rankings thread. I apologize guys and gals.

WoW! I feel like i created a hornets nest by referring to the info on this thread by DJ on the class rankings thread. I apologize guys and gals.

Yeah. Its all your fault.  :devil:

:laugh: :laugh:

Do hope the coaches don't do like Satan and recruit 75% of the class for DB. But we do need a few after last weeks game. I don't know where else they would put Therezie if we got him, Lanier, Rose, Florence, and Roberson. I seriously doubt it would be RB though.

You guys have done a good job with this discussion thus far. Let's keep it that way and remember that no matter what we will NEVER know all of the facts in ANY of these situations! What we DO know is the type of character that our staff has and teaches to their players! So I, for one, trust them to do what's best when it comes to recruiting also! If they think that one player deserves a scholarship over another, then I say "Okay, fine by me!" That is NOT putting "blind faith" in my coaches... they have PROVEN themselves to be of a MUCH higher character than coaches of "other universities", who might do the same thing, and for that reason, I trust them to know and do what's BEST!

You guys have done a good job with this discussion thus far. Let's keep it that way and remember that no matter what we will NEVER know all of the facts in ANY of these situations! What we DO know is the type of character that our staff has and teaches to their players! So I, for one, trust them to do what's best when it comes to recruiting also! If they think that one player deserves a scholarship over another, then I say "Okay, fine by me!" That is NOT putting "blind faith" in my coaches... they have PROVEN themselves to be of a MUCH higher character than coaches of "other universities", who might do the same thing, and for that reason, I trust them to know and do what's BEST!

AMEN!!!!!!

This didn't just happen a week before signing day.  There's 2.5 months left.  If a player turns out to not be as good as the coaches thought once his senior season starts, then he coaches have an obligation to let him know that the arrangement may not work out.  It does not benefit a player to come to Auburn and ride pine for 5 years.  That benefits no one.  He wants to play football and Auburn wants players who can play at a certain level.

FWIW, AU is only going to take a certain juco DB if he can come if for spring practice. Just sayin. 

hit those books.  Thanks WDE

I am not at liberty to discuss either (Gaulden and Lanier) situation in detail so you'll just have to trust me.  There were certain things that were understood between both parties in both situations from the get go.  Our coaches are big on ethics and doing things the right way.  You'll just have to trust them.

I am not at liberty to discuss either (Gaulden and Lanier) situation in detail so you'll just have to trust me.  There were certain things that were understood between both parties in both situations from the get go.  Our coaches are big on ethics and doing things the right way.  You'll just have to trust them.

Oh I trust the coaches...just not you  :tease:

I think we gathered that from some of the other posts w/out knowing exactly is happening but thanks for keeping the peace JS.

^^  THIS^^  About as far as Josh Bynes can throw him!!! j/k

Sorry, this kinda relates to another recruiting thread but:

Pops posting and not working out and studying = Pops not qualifying again this year = Pops out, Lanier back in

Pops posting and not working out and studying = Pops not qualifying again this year = Pops out, Lanier back in

How does that affect our recruiting rank and star numbers?

Hard to say.  There is a lot of "hype" swirling around this Pops guy.  Personally, it is not so much about the stars (I think Pops was a 5* out of high school), I am afraid he is just not the player he was then.

I think we gathered that from some of the other posts w/out knowing exactly is happening but thanks for keeping the peace JS.

HA!  That's what I'm here for.  Really though, I'm just trying to put your mind at ease.

Hard to say.  There is a lot of "hype" swirling around this Pops guy.  Personally, it is not so much about the stars (I think Pops was a 5* out of high school), I am afraid he is just not the player he was then.

Unfortuately, my wife agrees!!

Shoot, I was 3' 1" 26lbs and ran a 13.00 flat and was ranked #1 in the nation all 4 years of HS by AJC. And no one but the Turds offered me. UAB wouldn't even let me walk on. So I turned down the 50000 bucks Bama offer and gave up and went to work at the car wash scrubbing hub caps.

Shoot, I was 3' 1" 26lbs and ran a 13.00 flat and was ranked #1 in the nation all 4 years of HS by AJC. And no one but the Turds offered me. UAB wouldn't even let me walk on. So I turned down the $50000 bucks Bama offer and gave up and went to work at the car wash scrubbing hub caps.

That's okay Rabern.  More honor and integrity in hub caps than the capstone!

Archived