OLDEST AE MEMBER

OK Guys, bring it!!  I've noticed several new threads on here from people claiming to be "historical".  So if you've got some old Auburn memories, please share.  Heck, you may be a long lost friend.  Got two things:  Voted yesterday (against everything going on now), and got a "War Eagle" in the waiting line (Nashville).  Second, had a talk with a guy wearing a "Crimson Tide" sweatshirt:  thought at first he was a typical Turd, but found out he was a student at UAT at the same time I was at AU.  So he asked me:  Who was the QB at Auburn that had the record for QB running, before now.  Second question: Who was in the backfield with that QB who later became an NFL star?  I said, before I answer, will you tell me where The University of Alabama is located?  Of course, he answered; Birmingham. Then I said: Question #1, Jimmy Sidle: Question #2, Tucker Fredrickson.  Dear Lord, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!! 

Well today I at was the Costco in Buford, Ga. I'm walking up to the entrance and I see a man and his wife in their late 70's coming in using a AU umbrella. I said War Eagle to them and he says War Eagle back then another guy around 65 years old that was standing 20 ft. away yells back hell did someone say War Eagle and then he says War Damn Eagle. Both those guys and their wifes had the greatest smile and were so happy it just made my day. The older late 70's year old guy says to me and I quote "Alabama can s### it" Dang just my day.

OK Guys, bring it!!  I've noticed several new threads on here from people claiming to be "historical".  So if you've got some old Auburn memories, please share.  Heck, you may be a long lost friend.  Got two things:  Voted yesterday (against everything going on now), and got a "War Eagle" in the waiting line (Nashville).  Second, had a talk with a guy wearing a "Crimson Tide" sweatshirt:  thought at first he was a typical Turd, but found out he was a student at UAT at the same time I was at AU.  So he asked me:  Who was the QB at Auburn that had the record for QB running, before now.  Second question: Who was in the backfield with that QB who later became an NFL star?  I said, before I answer, will you tell me where The University of Alabama is located?  Of course, he answered; Birmingham. Then I said: Question #1, Jimmy Sidle: Question #2, Tucker Fredrickson.  Dear Lord, it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!!   

Well, I'm not historical but Saturday is my 50th class reunion. I will be unable to attend due to being trumped by my youngest grandson. He is almost four and  is coming to visit for a few days. By the way, I was in Dallas on Monday and I never saw so many Auburn hats and shirts out there. It was the same way on the plane trip back. Very nice. When they have all the parties this weekend I will think about everybody from Bammerham. War Eagle.

Well, I'm not historical but Saturday is my 50th class reunion. I will be unable to attend due to being trumped by my youngest grandson. He is almost four and  is coming to visit for a few days. By the way, I was in Dallas on Monday and I never saw so many Auburn hats and shirts out there. It was the same way on the plane trip back. Very nice. When they have all the parties this weekend I will think about everybody from Bammerham. War Eagle.

Thanks AU60.  Aren't grandkids the best?!!

Yesterday, November 4, is a day that will live in infamy at Auburn University.  Also, it was my 67th birthday:  spent a great day with my family (wife, kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids).  We were all eating at my favorite Chinese buffet when my son got a text about Cam's situation.  We're all AU grads and/or fans, and the birthday celebration quickly took a back-seat to what was going on.  ESPN messed with my birthday!!

Yesterday, November 4, is a day that will live in infamy at Auburn University.  Also, it was my 67th birthday:  spent a great day with my family (wife, kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids).  We were all eating at my favorite Chinese buffet when my son got a text about Cam's situation.  We're all AU grads and/or fans, and the birthday celebration quickly took a back-seat to what was going on.  ESPN messed with my birthday!!

pops it an ESPN plot against you. Man those guys will stoop so low at times.

AU60,

Sorry to butt in on this conversation,  but I am curious as to how the MSU  investigation going on this week compares to The Don Fuell situation in 55.  Was it as big of a deal back then?

The biggest difference is that in the fuel case an Auburn booster was guilty of giving Fuel a new washer and drier. We went on probation for four years based ao that and anothere in Gadsden who gave the Baubee twins five hundred dollars. Their father was a preacher and when he found out about it, he made them give it back. None of the three were allowed to play at Auburn. I still beileve that was the most severe penalty ever given out by the NCAA. In those days no postseason play was the killer because there was very little television back then. The kicker was it was all sports. Therefore, we were on probation my entire college career.

Happy birthday pops. So far, I can still remember my 67th birthday. Grandkids are the greatest thing in the world.

Old folks, all this stuff with Cam has brought back a very big time in my life.  Flashback to the late '60s and early '70s, when Watergate occurred.  I lived and worked in Washington D.C. at the time, and I must admit, was a big supporter of Richard Nixon.  I actually drove by the Watergate Hotel/Condo building on the Saturday morning that the crime was discovered; police cars blocking off the streets,etc,.  As each day of the investigation unfolded, it seemed another piece of information came out, each one making the President look more guilty of a cover-up.  I had an inside informant who daily kept me up-to-date on the happenings, and he kept saying, when they ask for the tapes, we're in deep trouble.  He was Deputy Undersecretary of the Interior at the time and sat in with Nixon on many meetings.  We all know how that came out.  Our situation will come out better, but the analogy of everyday was another newsday, is where I'm going with this.  BTW, and I may have mentioned this before, my informant and very best friend for more than 10 years, was Kenneth Lay, founder and CEO of Enron!! 

OK folks, this is an update on my situation.  My family and I have moved to the Southern-most part of Central Kentucky.  My family includes my wife and two beautiful great-granddaughters.  Two of my sons, both great Auburn Tigers, helped in the transition from Nashville, about 45 miles away.  We have purchased a farmhouse, built in 1876, but remodeled recently, in the midst of a 23,000 acre plantation owned by the Baggett family.  The girls all woke me up last Sunday morning to see the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen!!!  God has graced us like you will never know.  Now I have to ask:  is anything else going on important?  The older I get, the smarter my Mom and Dad become!!

OK folks, this is an update on my situation.  My family and I have moved to the Southern-most part of Central Kentucky.  My family includes my wife and two beautiful great-granddaughters.  Two of my sons, both great Auburn Tigers, helped in the transition from Nashville, about 45 miles away.  We have purchased a farmhouse, built in 1876, but remodeled recently, in the midst of a 23,000 acre plantation owned by the Baggett family.  The girls all woke me up last Sunday morning to see the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen!!!  God has graced us like you will never know.  Now I have to ask:  is anything else going on important?  The older I get, the smarter my Mom and Dad become!!

:laugh: :laugh: That's funny pops I did hear Tommy Traylor, AU QB from years ago, was arrested. j/k  about the arrest TT was the nicest QB I have ever known

JUNE 30, 1940.  MY DAD WAS AT AUBURN IN 1921.  ANY OF YOU OLD TIMERS RESIDE IN FORD COURT??

FRIST TIME I ARRIVED IN AUBURN I TOOK THE TRAIN FROM ATLANTA BY MYSELF.  I TRANSFERRED IN FROM NORTH GA. COLLEGE.

Happy birthday Pops, glad I share the same month with you.  I need to ask a favor of you, Golf, and the others.

Do you know of anyone who might have recordings, any recordings, of the original Auburn Football radio broadcasts from the 40's.  I asked David Housel a few years back if he knew who might have any but he said he did not think any had survived.  I really, really need anything I could get.  I would greatly appreciate any help.  Please email me if you can help.  Thank you all and War Eagle.

JUNE 30, 1940.  MY DAD WAS AT AUBURN IN 1921.  ANY OF YOU OLD TIMERS RESIDE IN FORD COURT??

FRIST TIME I ARRIVED IN AUBURN I TOOK THE TRAIN FROM ATLANTA BY MYSELF.  I TRANSFERRED IN FROM NORTH GA. COLLEGE.

That's a little before my time. KYAuburnMan. Also welcome to AE. Post often.

Happy birthday Pops, glad I share the same month with you.  I need to ask a favor of you, Golf, and the others.

Do you know of anyone who might have recordings, any recordings, of the original Auburn Football radio broadcasts from the 40's.  I asked David Housel a few years back if he knew who might have any but he said he did not think any had survived.  I really, really need anything I could get.  I would greatly appreciate any help.  Please email me if you can help.  Thank you all and War Eagle.

Afraid not. I believe Housel is correct and would be surprised if any survived

Thanks Golf.  If you ever hear of anything at all, please let me know.  The original AU radio broadcasts were done by my grandfather and I was really hoping to get something for my mother.

I used to travel to Auburn by train from Greenville, S.C. My best friend and frat brother and I had a great time on those trips!!  We stopped in Atlanta and changed trains there.  This is too cool!!

Thanks Golf.  If you ever hear of anything at all, please let me know.  The original AU radio broadcasts were done by my grandfather and I was really hoping to get something for my mother.

I'm going to make another effort, but I agree with Golf, if Housel couldn't find them, I don't know.  Wouldn't that be a great gift for your Mother though?

I really appreciate your efforts Pops.  You are a good man!

I'm going to make another effort, but I agree with Golf, if Housel couldn't find them, I don't know.  Wouldn't that be a great gift for your Mother though?

• 4 weeks later...

My Dad, Hubert Reeves is 79 years old. He Attended Auburn from 1948 to 1953. He's computer iliterate, so I'll post for him. He Graduate in Ag Science 1953. He was a Kappa Sig.  He once told a story about his Frat brothers stealing Chickens from the University.  As it turned out those where experimental chickens and it cost those boys dearly. He gets a gleam in his eye when he tells that story. He is still in good health and a huge AU football fan as is every member of his family.  Merry Christmas  Dad and War Eagle