2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

Saban controls Alabama football & would start anyone who gives him the best chance to win regardless of skin color.  The bama boosters (who now have little to no say, they sold that right when they hired Saban) you allude to will just have to deal with it.

I agree with this, but the fact remains that he would not see the field for at least 3 years (2 sitting behind mctatoo). Also, what about Sims? Transfer? But..whatever.

If Winston chose bama, I imagine Sims would either transfer or move to another position.  I don't know what positions he played in HS, or much about him.  

If memory serves me correctly, Sims was the #1 rated QB coming out of HS.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope Pawlowski gets included in recruiting winston ... i believe he is an excellent recruiter as well and can help sell Auburn to this young man.

as an aside ... there had been some AE support for Frazier to start the bowl game ... any opinions on if this might push clint to get ticked off - transfer (he has more eligibility than trotter - trotter had his degree in his pocket) - opening up even more need for winston.  i know that is a bunch of if's ... just a rhetorical question...

hope Pawlowski gets included in recruiting winston ... i believe he is an excellent recruiter as well and can help sell Auburn to this young man.

as an aside ... there had been some AE support for Frazier to start the bowl game ... any opinions on if this might push clint to get ticked off - transfer (he has more eligibility than trotter - trotter had his degree in his pocket) - opening up even more need for winston.  i know that is a bunch of if's ... just a rhetorical question...

I doubt Frazier starts in the bowl game, but IMO Moseley isn't locked in to start next year.  It will be up to each QB to earn the starting job next year.  Not to start a debate, but I believe Frazier will earn it.

I doubt Frazier starts in the bowl game, but IMO Moseley isn't locked in to start next year.  It will be up to each QB to earn the starting job next year.   Not to start a debate, but I believe Frazier will earn it.

Fraziers job to lose now. He is our best option, and will be one of the best qb's in the nation.

If he went to bama, I'd imagine he would RS & then start in his Soph yr (although I think he could beat out McCarron after his RS year).

IMO, I don't think we don't get both Winston & Pike.  I know teams have signed two big time QBs before, but there's no way to keep both happy.  We get one or the other.  

Speaking of signing two big time QB's in one class, UAT signed Both Vince Sutton and Gene Newberry in 1983. Sutton was the top rated QB in the nation, Newberry was in the top 5. Sutton flopped, Newberry played a LOT, at tight end. Neither ever took the job from Mike Shula, who was basically a walkon.

In 86, UAT signed two of the top 5 QB's in the nation, Jeff Dunn and Billy Ray. They also signed unheralded Gary Hollingsworth who started in front of the other two. Dunn did not play much, Billy Ray had a GREAT senior year, he passed for over 2000 yards, but  that was after he transferred to duke and was coached by Steve Spurrier.

To be fair, we have also had our share of big name guys that either flopped or transferred and did well else where.

I think we are in dire straights at the QB position, not talent wise, but in depth.  Trotter may be leaving and Moseley struggled quite a bit this year.  I still think KF is the future, but they need someone who can compete with him to be the starter, which will make him better.

Also, based on what we have all been hearing, it is a possibility that CM could transfer if he does not win the starting job next year, which he will likely not win.  Imagine if Trotter were to leave and Moseley were to transfer, we would only have two scholarship QBs.  I think KF will do well as our starter next year, but if he were to go down with an injury, the only place we have to turn is a true freshman QB.  Also, it is still my belief that the coaches would like to keep two years between Pike and Frazier, which they cannot do if they are the only two scholarship QBs on our roster.

What about Pike?  :-\

But saban also has a track record for telling these kids what they want to hear and then yanking the rug out from under them once they get signed. Saban has certainly "Processed" a ton of players in 4 years.

"It's gonna be hard to play baseball with a leg broken in four places, aight?"

This all sounds like BS. I mean why would you decommit and turn around and commit again. Looks like if he was going to decommit from FS-WHO that he would not do anything until NSD. Sounds like somebody needs to worrying about LSU.

LSU is getting Gunner Kiel, IMO.

WHOA! Did not see that one coming Smuphy.

Hope you guys know that I meant I thought this information was coming from the dark side and they (Bama) need to be worrying about LSU.

This all sounds like BS. I mean why would you decommit and turn around and commit again. Looks like if he was going to decommit from FS-WHO that he would not do anything until NSD. Sounds like somebody needs to worrying about LSU.

LSU is getting Gunner Kiel, IMO.

WHOA! Did not see that one coming Smuphy.

Hope you guys know that I meant I thought this information was coming from the dark side and they (Bama) need to be worrying about LSU.

LSU is going hard after GK now. Jaboo is a fight between FSU, AU, and UAT.

All this talk about taking two QB's...and we may need them, but do you think it will scare Jeremy Johnson(think I got that right...big athletic '13 QB out of Montgomery) away if we sign two this year? I thought he was high on us right now...

All this talk about taking two QB's...and we may need them, but do you think it will scare Jeremy Johnson(think I got that right...big athletic '13 QB out of Montgomery) away if we sign two this year? I thought he was high on us right now...

He is high on AU along with Sandberg. I am sure the coaches have communicated with both about the situation.

I will tell you with absolute certainty that he has told the coaches he will not be back. And this is not from internet postings.

It really seemed like Trotter was content with not playing after he was removed as the starter.

Bama wouldn't want him to play baseball in all likelyhood....but they might burn a scholly to give it a shot.

Deep down they may not want him to, but Saban did tell him, and many other recruits that it's fine with him if they want to play baseball.

Any coach should be OK with this. You run the risk of missing a good player otherwise.

...because it sure devastated Bo's college career! :lol:

this a fact:...the updykes will have to be in dire straits to play a black quarterback...this is fact and i heard it from my own ears,once from a booster that had a son playing over there and once from one of my doctors who also,is a booster....they may play,but an excuse will be found to bench them....i don't think saban would be affected as much as coaches proir to him were...a black QB that signs with the updykes has made a major mistake

Ever hear of Andrew Zow?

Isn't that the guy who got booed off the field in favor of Tyler (I can't throw an accurate 5 yard pass) Watts?  :dunno:

Zow threw for almost 6000 yards at Bama and played 4 years there.  At the time Zow was Alabama's all-time passing leader and had the record for most TD passes.   If you're inferring race had something to do with Watts replacing Zow, I believe it started with Zow's injury to his ankle.  Somebody probably knows better about it than me. 

And I will never forgive you for making me dig into Andrew Zow and Watts stat bios.  I feel dirty right now. :P

:laugh:

Seriously though, I'm actually suprised by Zow's numbers. About all I really remember about him was the fans booing him in 2000 after UAT went from preseason #3 to winning 3 games. Well that and him costing John Lovett his job as DC by playing the game of his life in the '01 IB.

Bama wouldn't want him to play baseball in all likelyhood....but they might burn a scholly to give it a shot.

Deep down they may not want him to, but Saban did tell him, and many other recruits that it's fine with him if they want to play baseball.

Any coach should be OK with this. You run the risk of missing a good player otherwise.

So, just to make sure I'm reading what you said correctly. Doesn't matter if you tell truth to players. Just what they want to hear. You really don't have a problem with that?

...because it sure devastated Bo's college career! :lol:

Bo wasn't a quarterback. I dont want my quarterback moonlighting as a baseball player, period.

So you would have sent Russell Wilson packing, too?

For someone in the know:

What % chance would you put on each schools chances of landing Jaboo?

Auburn    20%

Bammer  20%

FSU        60%

For someone in the know:

What % chance would you put on each schools chances of landing Jaboo?

Auburn    20%

Bammer  20%

FSU        60%

WRONG!

More like this:

Auburn  50-50

Bammer  50-50

FSU    50-50

Archived