Who's Out There???

YaBoyMaxWeezy

If the administration for some insane reason wanted a new coach who is out there? Are there any coaches that are proven winners, have the ability to develop talent, and can keep players out of trouble?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU coach has done a lot more with less for one

Boise State coach wont go anywhere he loves that place but he'd be nice to have

Bobby Bowden is probably lonely and bored...

Auburn has deep pockets. But first we need to get Jacobs out of there. He lied to the Auburn Family in 2009 when I look right at us and said something like money is no issue when it comes to hiring THE BEST head coach that's out there.

Auburn has deep pockets. But first we need to get Jacobs out of there. He lied to the Auburn Family in 2009 when I look right at us and said something like money is no issue when it comes to hiring THE BEST head coach that's out there.

He also went for the bargain on Offensive Coordinator IMHO

Would any established coach actually want to risk it and come to a school like Auburn or would we have to risk it with another 5-19 coach. How'd bama get a coach like Saban when they were so bad?

This is actually a honest question: Would any decent coach actually want to coach at Auburn?

I just posted in another thread that a lot of other coaches know what kind of players we have and would love to have a chance to coach them. The talent is in place to be very good.

how much money do you have a4e?

I'll probably get blasted....

Jim Tressel? He's a winner, no matter what you think of him or Ohio State. Personally, I think that "tattoogate" was a bullcrap play to get Urban Meyer to Columbus.

Depends on $$$$. I give Patterson a call and ask him what would it take to get you to be our next coach? Same goes for holgerson. I really like what art briles is putting together at Baylor. Charlie strong is another good one.

Would any established coach actually want to risk it and come to a school like Auburn or would we have to risk it with another 5-19 coach. How'd bama get a coach like Saban when they were so bad?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's how

I just don't think any high profile coach would ever come to a place like AU. It's depressing going to the EA sports store in the airport and seeing no AU gear, most people haven't hear of us or know that we are from the state or AL, you watch SEC commercials and we get one pic, etc. all of you have noticed it and we are at rock bottom! If we want 8-5 next season, most of us would be ecstatic!

This is not in any order.

Art Briles, Baylor head coach

Charlie Strong, Louisville head coach

Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach

Gary Patterson, TCU head coach

Chris Petersen, Boise State head coach

Gus Malzahn, Arkansas State head coach

Bobby Patrino, former Arkansas headcoach

Kirby Smart, Alabama DC

Jeff Fisher, NFL coach

Jimmy Johnson, former Miami head coach

First I'd call Chris Peterson. He loves Boise, but he would have to tell me no multiple times. I think he might want to sit at the big boy table and come.

Then I'd call Gary Patterson. He's getting on up there in age though isn't he?

If that don't work, I'd pray that Tampa has an aweful year, and Greg Schiano is looking for employment.

If that don't happen, I'd call Charlie Strong. He would jump at the opportunity.

Is it really that hard to figure out why a coach comes to a school? Obviously if the school was in good shape, there wouldn't be a spot to fill to begin with. Of course it's about money, prestige, power, and the potential to win big. If anybody doesn't think AU is an enticing spot for a big time coach, you are delusional. The right guy could win and win big here on a consistent basis.

This is not in any order.

Art Briles, Baylor head coach Needs to do more to impress me

Charlie Strong, Louisville head coach Not qualified, IMO

Kyle Whittingham, Utah head coach Not a bad option

Gary Patterson, TCU head coach One of my top picks

Chris Petersen, Boise State head coach Another of my top picks

Gus Malzahn, Arkansas State head coach Another one I would consider

Bobby Patrino, former Arkansas headcoach HELL NO....Snake...btw, his name is spelled Petrino

Kirby Smart, Alabama DC Not qualified, IMO

Jimmy Johnson, former Miami head coach HELL NO our reputation is bad enough with the media. We don't need the second coming of the convicts at Auburn.

response in blue.

I just don't think any high profile coach would ever come to a place like AU. It's depressing going to the EA sports store in the airport and seeing no AU gear, most people haven't hear of us or know that we are from the state or AL, you watch SEC commercials and we get one pic, etc. all of you have noticed it and we are at rock bottom! If we want 8-5 next season, most of us would be ecstatic!

EA store? More importantly, I believe a'lot of coaches would come, but I would keep CGC. We have a ton of talent and you know it buddy. With a competent OC that knows how to utilize our guys we would be a'lot better.

Archived