JUCO Recruits

ronau57

Honestly, we need a JUCO DL/DE in the worst way next year and this is the worst year for JUCO's in quite some time. Jones, while a good player, isn't a game changer like Lambert "appears" to be. Even Calvin looked like nothing more than a good second teamer that could provide some depth.

At this point, I wish we'd stear clear of DL/DE JUCO's and leave those scholarships open hopefully for some D1 transfers during the season and offseason.

That's what 95% of Juco DLs are at best.

Honestly, we need a JUCO DL/DE in the worst way next year and this is the worst year for JUCO's in quite some time. Jones, while a good player, isn't a game changer like Lambert "appears" to be. Even Calvin looked like nothing more than a good second teamer that could provide some depth.

At this point, I wish we'd stear clear of DL/DE JUCO's and leave those scholarships open hopefully for some D1 transfers during the season and offseason.

Never mind D-1 transfers, as we speak we have 0 (zero) DL commits and one true LB commit. Somebody needs to get to shakin' and bakin'!

So am I wrong to be worried? I need Pop's to calm me down.

It's understandable but no need to worry. We're in good shapw with 4* DE D'Andre Walker and 3* DT Jauntavius Johnson who could be very good when his motor is on. We will add 2 or 3 to them.

Never mind D-1 transfers, as we speak we have 0 (zero) DL commits and one true LB commit. Somebody needs to get to shakin' and bakin'!

So am I wrong to be worried? I need Pop's to calm me down.

I'm not so sure Pops would be all that calm about the current DL/LB situation for 2015. Although there is a long time before signing day, the number of available top of the line players at those positions is dwindling as they commit elsewhere.

Just remember that we've signed two GREAT DL/DE classes in a row. It's going to be ok.

Not that Auburn is in on or after a lot of the but only 8 of the top 22 DL in the nation for this class is committed using composite rankings.

Not that Auburn is in on or after a lot of the but only 8 of the top 22 DL in the nation for this class is committed using composite rankings.

I think we're feeling that rather acutely because most of them are committed to SEC schools. More importantly, we don't seem to be leading for many- if any- of the other 14.

I'm typically not worried in July, but if you look at the 6 teams ranked higher than us on 247, one team has 2 DLs committed, another has 3 and the other four each have 5.

It's not just that we don't have any commits. It's that the teams we compete against do, and it doesn't really feel like we have a lot on deck. I do believe we'll be okay, but it's hard to argue that things couldn't be a lot more comfortable with the DL recruiting forecast right now.

Oh you people with little faith on the DL recruiting.

It's not that we don't have faith. It's just that we wish faith wasn't all we had at the moment :)

It's not that we don't have faith. It's just that we wish faith wasn't all we had at the moment :)

At this point, if TT signs with Auburn, it will be a big shock. Looking forward to watching it.

However, I do have faith that Garner will find us some good DL.

Yep. Today, Faith and D. Williams are all the heavy-duty players we have on defense. That may change before NSD but for today that's the crop.

Archived