Philip Lutzenkirchen passes away in car accident

alhagan14

Has anyone heard about Lutz being in a car crash last night? Saw a tweet about it. Hopefully its not true but awful and devastating if true.

EDIT: Confirmed.

AUBURN, Ala. — Former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a wreck early Sunday morning outside of LaGrange, Ga.

He was 23.

Lutzenkirchen's fatal accident occurred in Troup County, just southeast of LaGrange, at approximately 3:06 a.m. Sunday morning, according to Master Trooper B.N. Talley of the Georgia State Patrol, who responded to the scene.

"It happened at the intersection of Upper Big Springs Road and Lower Big Springs Road," Talley said. "The vehicle was a 2006 Chevy Tahoe and the driver missed a stop sign at the intersection of those two roads, which is more or less a 'T-intersection.' They traveled through the intersection off into a churchyard. They were out of control for about 450 feet."

At that point, Talley said, the vehicle overturned, ejecting three of the four passengers.

"Philip was one of them," Talley said," and he was killed at the scene."

The driver of the vehicle, Joseph Davis, was also killed.

http://www.ledger-en...tml?sp=/99/210/

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I am just heartbroken. Many, Many prayers for his family an the entire AU family.

I for one, and I'm sure I won't be the only one, am absolutely devastated over this news. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and the AU family. I never met this man, but I feel like a member of my family has left me.

I for one, and I'm sure I won't be the only one, am absolutely devastated over this news. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and the AU family. I never met this man, but I feel like a member of my family has left me.

You are not along. My green eyes are shedding some tears right now. He has been my FAVORITE AU player since 2010.

he was well liked even by bammers. i have never met him either but my mind will be with him for a while now.

So devastated to hear this news. Lutzie was one of my all-time favorite players. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but he seemed like a great guy. Prayers for his family and the entire Auburn family as well. We've lost a great Auburn man.

I am sick to my stomach over this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

RIP Lutz.

War Eagle, Lutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just so tragic. I'm at a loss for words. When I saw it on facebook and twitter, it literally brought tears. Rest In Peace Phillip. Know you will NEVER be forgotten. WAR EAGLE!!!!

Archived