Will Duke and Sammie go Pro?

Tiger Vision

No question Duke will have the chance next year to significantly raise his draft stock. Can the coaches convince him of this enough? I believe we would probably get an insurance policy for him....

Schools are allowed to do that I do believe.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No question Duke will have the chance next year to significantly raise his draft stock. Can the coaches convince him of this enough? I believe we would probably get an insurance policy for him....

Schools are allowed to do that I do believe.

FSU is paying for crab legs qb policy...

Not to mention RBs don't really get taken in the 1st rd anymore. And there was a slim chance Tre would've been able to duplicate his bonkers rushing stats. And with the short shelf life of RBs he added an extra year of paid football to his career. I'm sure that was a deciding factor. Didn't Ben Tate say he wished he played safety in college so he could make more money and play for longer than at running back?

Mason is a better RB than CAP yet CAP is ahead of Mason's pace for rushing stats this year. If Mason had returned he would've been a late 1st/early second round guy IMO.

Man we could debate this all day but I assure you Duke is gone unless he somehow gets dominated down the stretch. Big game against a tough D this weekend. Golson is a good corner. Prewitt is tough over the tough. But Duke is too good, the NFL scouts already know. He's got the body and the hands. He's fast enough. They can teach him what he needs at the next level. As posted above this is a deep WR class if everybody comes out. I think Duke will be no worse than 7 among the receivers and as stated earlier last year 12 WRs went in the first two rounds. So at minimum, that's a 3 year deal for 3 million plus and 1 million guaranteed. When you come from nothing, $1 million on the table and the fulfillment of your dreams vs. risking injury and never getting there...easy choice.

Man we could debate this all day but I assure you Duke is gone unless he somehow gets dominated down the stretch. Big game against a tough D this weekend. Golson is a good corner. Prewitt is tough over the tough. But Duke is too good, the NFL scouts already know. He's got the body and the hands. He's fast enough. They can teach him what he needs at the next level. As posted above this is a deep WR class if everybody comes out. I think Duke will be no worse than 7 among the receivers and as stated earlier last year 12 WRs went in the first two rounds. So at minimum, that's a 3 year deal for 3 million plus and 1 million guaranteed. When you come from nothing, $1 million on the table and the fulfillment of your dreams vs. risking injury and never getting there...easy choice.

+1

+1

++ 1....agree on Duke..I think the question mark is Sammie...and would be a huge mistake for him to leave...JMO

Mason is a better RB than CAP yet CAP is ahead of Mason's pace for rushing stats this year. If Mason had returned he would've been a late 1st/early second round guy IMO.

Stats mean absolutely nothing. He would have been drafted in the same spot, if not lower due to more wear on his legs. Mason ran for 1,800 yards last year...a hundred yards or more isn't going to magically get him drafted higher. Mason would never have been a first or second round pick because he is limited physically (size) and he is a below average pass blocker (which you still see in St. Louis).

I think Duke may leave early. Sammie has not had a breakout year that he needed. Therefore, I'm thinking he needs to stay for his senior year.

Stats mean absolutely nothing. He would have been drafted in the same spot, if not lower due to more wear on his legs. Mason ran for 1,800 yards last year...a hundred yards or more isn't going to magically get him drafted higher. Mason would never have been a first or second round pick because he is limited physically (size) and he is a below average pass blocker (which you still see in St. Louis).

And, running backs are not a priority in the 1st or 2nd rounds, they just aren't anymore. This is a pass oriented league and you need receivers, blockers and defense to defend against the pass. Until things change in the NFL, RB's will continue to slide down in priority. The 1st RB pick in last years draft was pick 54 (mid to late 2nd round).

This. Mason's stock was as high as it was ever going to be at the end of last year.

As for the the WR's, barring injury Duke's gone and Sammy likely is too. Both have areas in their game that they could improve upon, but both are talented enough to address those issues whilst contributing at the next level for somebody, and getting paid to do so.

Duke and sammie should go pro if they can make serious money. Tonight is the perfect example reason why they should. One play gone wrong and millions of dollars can be lost.

WHY are we continuing to run screens to the side Duke is on requiring him to make the key block? Its clearly not a strong point in his game. He actually played better in the blocking game but DAMN he is every bit as bad blocking as he is great catching the ball.

Both would be making a big mistake if they leave early, neither would go before the 3 round at best. Both WRs run poor routes, don't block well and have proven to be very inconsistent. At this point neither WR is considered one of the top 5 at their position

Wow....I was expecting Sammie to get some love today, some of you ride him pretty hard and he came up big yesterday. Sometimes we show more love to the guys who don't play than guys who are play makers

Sammie's catches look more impressive from field level. The big third down catch for 40 late in the game looked great, but i couldn't appreciate how high he jumped to make the catch until i saw the field level shot. He is an awesome talent.

Wow....I was expecting Sammie to get some love today, some of you ride him pretty hard and he came up big yesterday. Sometimes we show more love to the guys who don't play than guys who are play makers

I fully endorse you expressing that sentiment in many other threads like this one. :thumbsup:

Both would be making a big mistake if they leave early, neither would go before the 3 round at best. Both WRs run poor routes, don't block well and have proven to be very inconsistent. At this point neither WR is considered one of the top 5 at their position

This is simply not true. Right now Duke is seen by many to be at or near a top-5 draft eligible WR this season. Sammie is not too far behind, and his stock will only go up post-combine should he declare.

Furthermore, there were 5 WR drafted in the first round alone last season, 7 in the second round, and another 3 in the third. I would expect similar numbers to happen this draft as well. WR's are seen as an increasingly better skill investment in the NFL as they are more durable that RB's and the NFL is becoming more passing oriented anyway. Duke and Sammie should easily grade out as top-10/ top-12 WR's in this class which would get them drafted in the top 2 rounds, 3rd at the latest. I understand that both still have things to learn, and that we WANT them to come back. But I can hardly expect either of them to.

Coates is the man, and now that he's getting healthy hopefully he can make defenses pay. He was a huuuuuge difference maker on Saturday.

Also it is nothing new that the AU fan base hyping up players that have never seen the field over the ones that are beating them out in practice. I've noticed that on this board ever since I signed up on here.

Archived