Derrick Moncrief to Transfer

RunInRed

Just a note:

My father had a conversation in the Crown Room in the Atlanta Airport yesterday with none other than Coach Jim Harbaugh. The old man was (of course) wearing an Auburn shirt and Harbaugh greeted him and quickly asked "what's the deal with Moncrief ?"

Coaches never relax

Also said they talked for 30 minutes and...

1) Harbaugh was really personable

2) He was very complimentary of Auburn

2) He never stopped fidgeting.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitehead wasn't going to sit down it's a shame that you can't see that. He was as cemented in as anybody could be at their position. We had plenty of safeties with athleticism if nothing else they would have let Hosely play. And lol at anybody with eyes could see Ford had more talent at safety when he was moved to safety. Whitehead wasn't as bad as you want him to be

I may have worded athleticism in the wrong way and that's my fault because you obviously have to be an athlete to play any sport. How's this; his athletic drive and reaction time is slower or average for the safety position. Tray Matthews is a serious upgrade to whitehead, just sit back and watch his play at safety this year and I will be reminding you of that as the season goes on. WDE

Why would you remind me of anything? You don't have to talk to me at all about trey or any other safety. Point is last year DM was beat out by Rudy, whitehead wasn't even looked at to fight for a position. The other stuff you talking about I don't have interest in

Lol, when I said tray would have replaced whitehead at safety if he was able to play when he came to AU, this was your comment: Whitehead wasn't going to sit down. That's what I was going to remind you of, but Nevermind. As I've said before tray Matthews is an upgrade to whitehead

There are two safety spots. He wouldn't have it would be him taking Rudy's spot

lol, ok

That exactly what I was thinking

Very interesting note on Moncrief's transfer: Malzahn has released him to any Big 10 school, except Michigan. Bruce Feldman surmised that the Michigan exception may be payback for the satellite campus mess.

Lol wow

I'd like an Auburn/Michigan rivalry to come up out this

Michigan. The most overrated program of all time.

No. Notre Dam has that in the bag by far. At least Michigan has all time wins to their name.

Very interesting note on Moncrief's transfer: Malzahn has released him to any Big 10 school, except Michigan. Bruce Feldman surmised that the Michigan exception may be payback for the satellite campus mess.

Interesting - I didn't know a coach could block a transfer to a program outside the conference. I thought they could only block in-conference transfers.

Hell, I didn't even know Gus cared about the satellite camp's & recruiting Harbaugh is conducting down here in SEC country. :dunno:

Michigan. The most overrated program of all time.

No. Notre Dam has that in the bag by far. At least Michigan has all time wins to their name.

uhhh, what has Michigan done besides 97. they had a chance with Hart but fell flat. Since then zilch.

And Notre dame has quite a list of national championships.

Let's be objective.

You are right ND may be a tick down due to my hatred goggles, but I have a hard time taking a team not in a conference seriously. It seems to me that they have a weaker schedule than most of the top 25 teams every year. They get all the hype and then fail when it comes to the big game that counts. While Michigan has not been good in the last decade, but you don't get to #1 all time wins (915) by being overrated. Yes I know they don't play in the SEC, but they do play football and they do still have to win the games they play.

You are right ND may be a tick down due to my hatred goggles, but I have a hard time taking a team not in a conference seriously. It seems to me that they have a weaker schedule than most of the top 25 teams every year. They get all the hype and then fail when it comes to the big game that counts. While Michigan has not been good in the last decade, but you don't get to #1 all time wins (915) by being overrated. Yes I know they don't play in the SEC, but they do play football and they do still have to win the games they play.

fair enough, however I still believe they get way too much respect for not having done much the past two decades hence the overrated. Prior to undefeated 92 and 97, their last title was 47.....

Prior to 2010, our last title was in 1957. We don't get the love Michigan gets, but the story feels similar.

I don't know anyone that thinks Michigan has been really good since 2006-ish (when they were #2, lost to #1 OSU, and missed a shot at a national title that UF eventually won). They get attention due to the massive fanbase and tradition, but I don't think they get the "Stir the Echoes!" treatment every time they go on a win streak, which is the case for Notre Dame.

If I were picking the "most overrated team" award, it would have to be a team that gets attention but doesn't win anything. For my money, it's tough to top Clemson. They get mentioned regularly as a top 15 team, but they have one conference title in the last 25 years (2011). That's a overrated program.

Michigan will now get the same reach-around that Notre Dame gets if they win any games because Harbaugh.

I would add Oklahoma to the list. Stoops is just Richt in a far easier conference to win in.

Interesting - I didn't know a coach could block a transfer to a program outside the conference. I thought they could only block in-conference transfers.

Hell, I didn't even know Gus cared about the satellite camp's & recruiting Harbaugh is conducting down here in SEC country. :dunno:

A coach cannot prevent any player from going to a school of his choice. The best he can do is not give a release, which makes the kid attend his new school out of his own pocket during the transfer year. Saban wouldn't release Corey Grant to Auburn, thus Grant had to pay his own way his first year here.

Mikey, there used to be an alternative where a guy could sit for two years as opposed to paying his own way (and essentially walking on). Do you know if that's still available? Not that Moncrief or someone would do that (or Auburn would force him to do that), but I was just wondering if someone knew without having to look it up.

I heard that the Notre Dame QB is transferring to FSU. I guess Jimbo is thinking up new ways to cover things up when he gets in trouble with the law.

Mikey, there used to be an alternative where a guy could sit for two years as opposed to paying his own way (and essentially walking on). Do you know if that's still available? Not that Moncrief or someone would do that (or Auburn would force him to do that), but I was just wondering if someone knew without having to look it up.

It used to be that the conference could make an in-conference transfer sit two years. I haven't heard of that being implemented for a long time now.

• 1 month later...

Headed to Oklahoma State

So, he'll sit a year and have one year to play. http://www.aufamily....-signs-with-au/ . Me, I'd have dropped down to a smaller classification and played two years but that's his call.

What Elijiah Daniel is doing

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Daniel-Moncrief-find-new-football-homes-38166711

Former Auburn defensive end Elijah Daniel has signed to play for Youngstown State. Daniel was dismissed from the Auburn football team last spring after being arrested on burglary and theft charges.

Former Auburn safety Derrick Moncrief, who left the team on his own, has enrolled at Oklahoma State, according to an al.com report.

Daniel was in on 15 tackles last season, including 3.5 for losses and a sack. He shared the team lead in quarterback hurries with 17.

Moncrief was in on 27 tackles, broke up one pass and had six quarterback hurries.

Archived