Isaiah Crowell Update

AUSportTalk

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure they are talking about Jadeveon Clowney being in Turdistan, not Crowell or Calloway

They are both supposed to be there right now.

Anyone heard how his bama visit is going?

Usually do not hear about how visits go til the Sunday night or Monday after the Visit.

** As Isaiah Crowell prepared to leave Columbus for Tuscaloosa and his official visit to Alabama this weekend, Georgia was making moves to try to ensure that the state's No. 1 player sign with them. The Bulldogs offered a scholarship to Crowell's teammate and close friend Quintavious Harrow (5-10, 180, 4.5). Carver-Columbus coach Dell McGee, a former Auburn defensive back, confirmed the offer to Harrow, who is expected to play defensive back. Harrow played a linebacker/safety position known as the "pony" in Carver's 3-5-3 defense. By all accounts, Georgia is the only school from which Harrow has received an offer so far. Harrow is not rated by any of the recruiting services. Crowell said he believes Harrow recently obtained a qualifying ACT score and that has boosted interest from college recruiters. Crowell was asked if he felt like the offer to Harrow was a ploy by the Bulldogs to get him to sign with them on national signing day. "We're really close. That's true," he said. "But I don't know whether it has anything to do with me or not. I do know he's a good player." Crowell, a five-star prospect and the No. 1-ranked player in the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Fab 50, has narrowed his choices to Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. He takes official visits to Georgia next weekend and Auburn on Jan. 28. As of now he expects to announce his decision on national signing day.

** As Isaiah Crowell prepared to leave Columbus for Tuscaloosa and his official visit to Alabama this weekend, Georgia was making moves to try to ensure that the state's No. 1 player sign with them. The Bulldogs offered a scholarship to Crowell's teammate and close friend Quintavious Harrow (5-10, 180, 4.5). Carver-Columbus coach Dell McGee, a former Auburn defensive back, confirmed the offer to Harrow, who is expected to play defensive back. Harrow played a linebacker/safety position known as the "pony" in Carver's 3-5-3 defense. By all accounts, Georgia is the only school from which Harrow has received an offer so far. Harrow is not rated by any of the recruiting services. Crowell said he believes Harrow recently obtained a qualifying ACT score and that has boosted interest from college recruiters. Crowell was asked if he felt like the offer to Harrow was a ploy by the Bulldogs to get him to sign with them on national signing day. "We're really close. That's true," he said. "But I don't know whether it has anything to do with me or not. I do know he's a good player." Crowell, a five-star prospect and the No. 1-ranked player in the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Fab 50, has narrowed his choices to Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. He takes official visits to Georgia next weekend and Auburn on Jan. 28. As of now he expects to announce his decision on national signing day.

Where was this quoted if I may ask?

Any quotes or tid-bits from his visit this weekend?

From ESPN:

Carver teammates visit Alabama

Five-star RB Isaiah Crowell and his Columbus (Ga.) Carver teammate, Quintavious Harrow, came away very impressed from their first official visit, which was to Alabama.

"It was good," said Crowell, who is down to Alabama, Auburn and Georgia. "I hung out with the players and just had a good time. I just want to try and get as good of a feel with Alabama as I can. They are pressing hard. Right now I don't have a leader."

Crowell will visit Georgia [Jan. 21] and Auburn [Jan. 28] and likely make his decision on national signing day.

Meanwhile, things have gotten kind of hectic for Harrow. Georgia was the first big-time program to offer him and that came last week. However, he walked away from his most recent visit loving the Crimson Tide.

"The trip went well and I really like the program," Harrow said. "The coaches are great and I like their facilities. Alabama is a place where I can get a good education. I just like how they do everything, and I can see myself playing safety there. I think they are going to offer."

Harrow is just happy to be in the position he's in now.

"I was real excited about the Georgia offer. I mean I was happy as heck. Who wouldn't want to play in the SEC? I will visit Georgia [on Jan. 21]. That's it for now unless something else comes up."

If Harrow and Crowell are a 'package deal', they might as well go ahead and commit to UGA, because I don't think UAT or AU has an extra scholarship to offer Harrow.  UGA has plenty of room since their 'dream team' is falling apart before their eyes.

If Harrow and Crowell are a 'package deal', they might as well go ahead and commit to UGA, because I don't think UAT or AU has an extra scholarship to offer Harrow.  UGA has plenty of room since their 'dream team' is falling apart before their eyes.

The bammers would sign and greyshirt him to get crowell.  Then either cut someone to make room for him next year or not give him a scholarship to force a transfer.

Archived