New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

I've read on here several times by the mods that KF will be an AU tiger. Is that still the case? Will he take a grey shirt or do we have a different plan?

Oh, and I forgot to say that when our mods said Kris would be an AU Tiger, he and his family said that was the case and they would do whatever it took to be at AU. Meaning they would take a greyshirt if necessary since that is what our staff informed them of before he committed. Things can change from one day to the next so just because the mods may have said something in total faith and understanding, doesn't mean it couldn't change the very next day, which is out of their control.

I completely understand that. They must have had some pretty strong information to have said some if the things that were said. I mean Big Bird said something to the effect of If KF isn't an AU tiger then I won't post here anymore. I surely hope that will not be the case as I love me some BB. However the statement wasnt to be taken literally but to show how strongly he felt about KF signing. I'm just wondering if the same confidence is there now or if there is some doubt. I'm not here to hang anyone. People change their minds all the time.

Actually that was me, so your safe that you will still get some bird. But no more golf. I'm not giving up on KF for AU just yet.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods are people too!!!!!!!!!!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

In the words of a great AU man- "You are so right, Carl."

Maybe we should declare an official, "Be Kind to AE MODS Day", or something...

I'm not following..... are you insinuating that mods have souls? Something just isn't adding up for me here...  :P

I've read on here several times by the mods that KF will be an AU tiger. Is that still the case? Will he take a grey shirt or do we have a different plan?

Oh, and I forgot to say that when our mods said Kris would be an AU Tiger, he and his family said that was the case and they would do whatever it took to be at AU. Meaning they would take a greyshirt if necessary since that is what our staff informed them of before he committed. Things can change from one day to the next so just because the mods may have said something in total faith and understanding, doesn't mean it couldn't change the very next day, which is out of their control.

I completely understand that. They must have had some pretty strong information to have said some if the things that were said. I mean Big Bird said something to the effect of If KF isn't an AU tiger then I won't post here anymore. I surely hope that will not be the case as I love me some BB. However the statement wasnt to be taken literally but to show how strongly he felt about KF signing. I'm just wondering if the same confidence is there now or if there is some doubt. I'm not here to hang anyone. People change their minds all the time.

Actually that was me, so your safe that you will still get some bird. But no more golf. I'm not giving up on KF for AU just yet.

Well that would not work. Bird w/out Golf would be like Abbott w/out Costello or minus one of the 3 stooges.

^^^^^^^^^

Maybe ST has some inside info about whether Golf will be back.  Best of luck, wherever you end up!  ;D

Disclaimer:  I don't know any of you personally, but really enjoy anonymously piling on.  I'm not a dirty player...

^^^^^^^^^

Maybe ST has some inside info about whether Golf will be back.  Best of luck, wherever you end up!   ;D

Disclaimer:  I don't know any of you personally, but really enjoy anonymously piling on.  I'm not a dirty player...

DITTO

^^^^^^^^^

Maybe ST has some inside info about whether Golf will be back.  Best of luck, wherever you end up!   ;D

I am......

Golf & Bird = co-heads of the entertainment committee around here...

Not going anywhere....

AE ceases to be AE otherwise...

Mods- Delete this if you so choose. Would it be accurate to say that Frost silently committed to the coach's and then came back and told them he wanted to go to UM. And then after R. Rod was fired he committed before contacting the coach's? Was he ever a silent?

:we:

Back on topic please.... Is Frost coming or not? 

All I can say is don't give up on him being at AU. Nothing at this time is certain.

Thanks golf.  I'm holding onto my lucky dead duck's foot.

Alright folks.  I've been hesitant to post but have decided to go on let you know what I know.  This is basically what I understand to have happened... 

Frost originally gave his word to Auburn and then, late in the process, told the AU coaches he was committing instead to Michigan. This didn't go over well with our coaches.  They kept in contact with Kris but locked up some other guys in the meantime.  At this point we were getting tight with the good possibility of not having anymore room for Frost, should he decide to switch back.

After Rich Rod was fired, Frost indeed decided he wanted to switch back to the good guys and subsequently make his commitment known at the Army All Star game. Knowing we probably didn't have room anymore and being the men of integrity they are, the coaches urged him not to do it.  Kris either ignored them or misinterpreted what they were telling him, though.  He then went ahead with the live committment on tv. 

As ST said, there's still a possibility he could greyshirt at Auburn (his parents have gathered a tremendous amount of respect for our staff over time) to start out with and there's also a good possibility he could wind up with someone else on NSD.  Right now I'm leaning towards the latter happening but the situation is still fluid and could go either way.  There's also a small chance that we'll wind up having room should we choose to take him at the last minute.

Thanks for the info JS! This is pretty much what I have been hearing from random messages boards. Never know what is true or not though. Personally i'd hate to pass on a player that is needed so badly but what can the coaches do? Looking forward to getting this recruiting class squared away so we can start looking to next year!

Thanks J-S!

So, what right now is the hold up, that the coaches aren't enamored with how KF approached this whole thing or that there simply isn't room? Or both? And what have KF and his parents been told at this pt?

Thanks J/S.  Is he and his parents coming to AU this w/e for an official visit as reported by Mike Farrell?

He's not scheduled to be in at this time.  Things can change, though.  Not surprisingly, Farrell was probably going off some old info.

I really wish we could find a way to make room for Mr. Frost. I'm not saying that I don't trust the coaches. With the limited info I have on the situation it appears as though they have handled the situation with great integrity. I just think we are going to regret it in a few year if he ends up anywhere but Auburn. I for one am keeping my fingers crosed. Regardless it's great to be an Auburn Tiger! WDE!!

After watching that Seastrunk video I am afraid this kid will be having similar thoughts down the road if he does not come to AU.

Thanks for the update J-S. Im just completely shocked. I have full faith in our coaches, and I know they have a plan that will blow our socks off, but passing on a talent like Kris Frost is bizarre.......I dont care how good recruiting is going. Anyways, War Eagle Kris, good luck to you wherever you play football.

I'm not proud of this, but his facebook profile pic has changed from his announcement photo to a pic of him in his high school uniform.  Don't worry, I would never send him a message.

I really believe that Kris told the coaches he was going to Michigan, the coaches moved on and then told Kris not to commit to them at the All-American game, and he decided to do so anyways. I wish him the best of luck and I know he'll be a great player elsewhere, but I understand the coaches' decision. If there's no room, there's no room. We're done at LB/WR for this class.

Archived