2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we stop this thread and proceed to talk about recruits who are still being recruited?

It's in the Rivals forum now. There is no need to stop it or the discussion. If people want to focus and read about Auburn recruits they are in the Auburn Recruiting forum. If people do not want to read about rivals recruits then feel free to not come to the Rivals forum.

Not trying to be rude but how do you know we are not fighting back? I can tell you we can't do what uat is doing but we are not sitting back and taking it.

Well, I guess the real question is how do I know we are fighting back. Always been a show me and not tell me kind of guy and I see nothing that says we are doing anything to stop the foolishness.

Hyperbole aside, I'm not certain who is orchestrating this. If it is indeed the head coach, the people who agreed to carry this out made some pretty big decisions that carry with them a lot of weight. I for one am interested in the story. We can go all the way back to the Shug years to find UAT coaches acting unscrupulous in their attempts to bring down Auburn, but in today's coaching market, with the mobility of the coaches and not as many allegiance based jobs, it seems like a pretty big risk. I guess that puts the odds on the REC. Did the idea come from on high, or did the REC come up with this by themselves?

We are not going to see the fighting back done in public so don't expect to see it. As for who initiates things on Bama's end I believe each sitch is different. There have been some initiated likely by Saban and some by the REC. In this case pressure was put on Casher by the Mobile REC long before Bama gave him a commitable offer.

Not trying to be rude but how do you know we are not fighting back? I can tell you we can't do what uat is doing but we are not sitting back and taking it.

Well, I guess the real question is how do I know we are fighting back. Always been a show me and not tell me kind of guy and I see nothing that says we are doing anything to stop the foolishness.

Hyperbole aside, I'm not certain who is orchestrating this. If it is indeed the head coach, the people who agreed to carry this out made some pretty big decisions that carry with them a lot of weight. I for one am interested in the story. We can go all the way back to the Shug years to find UAT coaches acting unscrupulous in their attempts to bring down Auburn, but in today's coaching market, with the mobility of the coaches and not as many allegiance based jobs, it seems like a pretty big risk. I guess that puts the odds on the REC. Did the idea come from on high, or did the REC come up with this by themselves?

We are not going to see the fighting back done in public so don't expect to see it. As for who initiates things on Bama's end I believe each sitch is different. There have been some initiated likely by Saban and some by the REC. In this case pressure was put on Casher by the Mobile REC long before Bama gave him a commitable offer.

Thanks. I guess I was just waiting on the UAT fan to denounce their pract.... sorry. I almost said that without crackin' up.

I guess when you go back and look at things after the fact, they seem different than our first perception. The Kouandjio thing for example. Probably wasn't an Auburn kid but the parents weren't in on it and spoiled the fun. Who knows.

I can only imagine those clowns laughing at folks over here thinking we'd pulled some coup by getting a bama lock to sign with us. Even the poorly executed ones managed to do the damage.

My wild guess about Kouandjio is that Cyrus really did want to come to Auburn. His parents wanted both sons at the same school and after a week the parents won out. I don't think that one was orchestrated. It made bammer look bad on the biggest recruiting stage of the year.

My wild guess about Kouandjio is that Cyrus really did want to come to Auburn. His parents wanted both sons at the same school and after a week the parents won out. I don't think that one was orchestrated. It made bammer look bad on the biggest recruiting stage of the year.

I agree. The only ones I can think of that were orchestrated to rub Auburn's nose in it were Yeldon and Dee Liner. Callaway was a messy situation, but didn't come across as a setup. I think Cyrus Kouandjio was sold on Auburn at the time of his announcement and had to 'talked off the ledge'. Everybody seemed to be genuinely shocked when he picked Auburn.

My thought as well/

I do believe that uat threatened to pull the older brothers scholly. So I was told. But yea the parents won out and Cyrus did want to come to AU.

As for us fighting back...We could initiate a "Rumble" a la The Outsiders...

Of course the bammers would be the Greasers. Which makes us the Social's/Preps, no?

We would have to use the Anchorman Rules...No HAIR!

"My! That escalated quickly!"

(Nevermind me, once again I'm amusing myself, carry on!...)

Of course the bammers would be the Greasers. Which makes us the Social's/Preps, no?

Drinkin' already? It was only around 9AM when you posted that. Hope your day continued on a happy roll! :)

Can someone confirm or disprove this rumor? Not that this really matters since the end result is the same. I had read somewhere that Hugh Freeze helped Malzhan out with this situation as it was said Casher was supposedly telling ole miss recruits on his intentions to "Yeldon" AU after the iron bowl. Im guessing they informed Freeze. I'm not sure if ole miss was even recruiting Casher. May have added to the distrust from the AU coaches. Just curious as if true I kinda like having an ally off the field for once.

It's a rumor at the moment and one I doubt is ever proved or disproved.

Wow. Freeze and Gus are friends. If true, I have aa lot of respect for Freeze talking to Gus about it.

"Brick killed a guy!"

This idea of using recruits to sabotage other schools is new to me. I've been wondering if it is coaches or boosters who are putting these guys up to this. Boosters make the most sense but it also occurred to me that in my recollection it started with the first real Saban recruiting class. That was when we had to start sending the top guys in the state home from camps because they were recruiting our guys to UAT. Now we have guys taking up spots and then leaving us out to dry. It seems Sanders is the only guy who I can remember who flipped and stuck with us.

So the question for me (be wary of listening to the ramblings of the insane) is: Is this a Saban recruiting tactic? The boosters have pretty much stepped in line to do whatever he asks. Do these kind of maneuvers come from the coaches or the boosters. I really don't remember this stuff happening before he showed up in the state.

I believe we all know what it says about Saban if this is planned, and I think we would all like to think that no one would stoop to measures such as that even if you had the control to pull it off, after all at the end of the day it is just football and while important to all of us, not nearly as important as we sometimes think. But this has happened enough times that it's not a pattern that can be ignored anymore.

And if so, why aren't our boosters fighting back.

It is a Saban and rec thing. Not trying to be rude but how do you know we are not fighting back? I can tell you we can't do what uat is doing but we are not sitting back and taking it.

And another problem we face is the "at the end of the day football while important is not as important as we think" is 100% incorrect when it comes to bama. It is their life. It is what they hold themselves up to and beat their chest too. AU people not so much which is not a bad thing at all. We, AU, value other things like family and work. When you look at it overall its pretty damn amazing what AU has done in regards to playing toe to toe with uat since I've been around AU football, early 80's.

Its true. For uat fans, the twister that rocked Tuscaloosa in the spring of 2011 is just the storm that that almost killed their longsnapper.

Archived