Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing special. Just got kinda tired of thinking there was something new only to find out they were talking about the Alexander brothers, in the Nate Craig thread none the less

Mod Jr?

You bet Cole!

Supposedly he announced a top 3 that has us, UNC, and Ole Miss. He mentioned that we were the favorite as well.

Ole Miss? This guy changes his list of schools more often than I can keep up with.

Man if we get all of those guys it will be like I hoped for our team. Athletes, elite athletes everywhere competing. Not just one deep threat one nice route runner, one guy with good hands

Man if we get all of those guys it will be like I hoped for our team. Athletes, elite athletes everywhere competing. Not just one deep threat one nice route runner, one guy with good hands

On paper, easily the best WR class I can remember for Auburn. And I'd think it would be in the running for best in the country. And, like DL, at a position of need.

LB looks less hopeful every day, but all is not lost.

Tampa (Fla.) Catholic five-star Nate Craig-Myers lists Auburn, Ole Miss and North Carolina as his current favorites.

1542694.jpg spacer1.gif spacer1.gif WR Nate Craig-Myers

"Those three are probably sticking out a little more," Craig-Myers said. "All are great schools and are recruiting me really hard."

Craig-Myers has an official visit to Auburn scheduled for Jan. 15-17. He is set to take an official visit to Ole Miss on Jan. 29-31. Craig-Myers already has visited North Carolina.

"I also want to visit South Carolina and Maryland," Craig-Myers said.

Auburn will be next for Craig-Myers. The Tigers will play host to him the first weekend after the dead period ends on Jan. 13.

It will be the former Auburn commitment's first visit back to campus since the summer. But his season-long absence from Auburn isn't indicative of his interest level.

"My interest never went away from Auburn," Craig-Myers said. "They've always been high on my list."

The biggest reason? The bond he has with Auburn receivers coach/co-offensive coordinator Dameyune Craig, who also is Craig-Myers' area recruiter for the Tigers.

Craig made several visits with Craig-Myers before the dead period began Dec. 14.

"Coach Craig is a big factor for Auburn," Craig-Myers said. "He is probably the recruiter that pushes me the hardest, and not just at being a football player, but he pushes me to be a great young man."

Craig-Myers' decision to either sign with Auburn and play under Craig or sign elsewhere won't be made anytime soon. He plans to take his official visits, continue with in-home visits and announce his choice in February.

"It'll be on Signing Day," he said.

Craig-Myers, who stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 205 pounds, broke the 1,000-yard receiving mark as a senior. He finished with 63 receptions for 1,018 yards (16.2 avg.) and 16 touchdowns. He also rushed for 98 yards on 13 carries and two scores.

Rivals.com ranks Craig-Myers the No. 13 overall player in the 2016 class and No. 3 from Florida.

"Coach Craig is a big factor for Auburn," Craig-Myers said. "He is probably the recruiter that pushes me the hardest, and not just at being a football player, but he pushes me to be a great young man."

I can't be cynical here. I love reading that.

Interesting that with all his bouncing around as to his list, we never left it. Says a lot about Coach Craig and Myers' interest with us to keep us there even after de-committing.

Interesting that with all his bouncing around as to his list, we never left it. Says a lot about Coach Craig and Myers' interest with us to keep us there even after de-committing.

My thoughts exactly. Sure his list changes all the time, but always seem to be somewhere in it. Think we've got at least as good a chance of anyone at landing him at this point

WDE

You and Golf both made some very cryptic comments earlier this year about our recruiting and the state of our program overall. Recruiting appears to be going well at the moment (other than linebacker). Have things changed within the program with CWM leaving? Do you still have concerns?

Thanks

WDE

You and Golf both made some very cryptic comments earlier this year about our recruiting and the state of our program overall. Recruiting appears to be going well at the moment (other than linebacker). Have things changed within the program with CWM leaving? Do you still have concerns?

Thanks

I still have concerns but AU is recruiting lights out right now. Have to give the coaches some due credit. Just need some LBers and a QB. I don't think Franklin is the answer at QB. Hope the Jax St. QB ends up at AU.

WDE

Thanks

I still have concerns but AU is recruiting lights out right now. Have to give the coaches some due credit. Just need some LBers and a QB. I don't think Franklin is the answer at QB. Hope the Jax St. QB ends up at AU.

I dont think Franklin is the answer either. FWIW...which is nothing.

WDE

Thanks

Eli Jenkins the Jax State QB is a senior. I'm not sure if he has another year of eligibilty left.

WDE

Thanks

I dont think Franklin is the answer either. FWIW...which is nothing.

I agree. Hate how everyone has elected him as savior to our program.

I haven't seen anyone do anything other than doubt Franklin and volunteer him to play other positions. Maybe there are a few exceptions, but I'd say expectations from the fanbase for Franklin are somewhere between wasted scholarship and one-trick pony at WR.

I'm a lot more positive on the kid because he's gifted. I expect Sean to be the starter, but at the moment, I expect Franklin to be our top backup. I won't be surprised if that order is reversed, depends on how well he picks up the offense and throws the ball. He would definitely, unquestionably juice our running game.

As for the dude at hand, I'd love to add another playmaker at WR to an already impressive group of WRs.

I haven't seen anyone do anything other than doubt Franklin and volunteer him to play other positions.

You've missed a LOT, then. ("I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' it, Bob.") Several people have already handed Franklin the keys because he can run, which of course automatically means that he's better than anybody we currently have on our roster. See, all "dual threat" quarterbacks are better than all "pro style" quarterbacks, regardless of any other skills or talents required of the position.

I haven't seen anyone do anything other than doubt Franklin and volunteer him to play other positions. Maybe there are a few exceptions, but I'd say expectations from the fanbase for Franklin are somewhere between wasted scholarship and one-trick pony at WR.

I'm a lot more positive on the kid because he's gifted. I expect Sean to be the starter, but at the moment, I expect Franklin to be our top backup. I won't be surprised if that order is reversed, depends on how well he picks up the offense and throws the ball. He would definitely, unquestionably juice our running game.

As for the dude at hand, I'd love to add another playmaker at WR to an already impressive group of WRs.

Sean is a great quarterback. He isn't, however, a great QB for our system.

Savior of the program?? Haven't seen that. Biggest argument was if he will actually be a qb...

If we had went after and signed that other juco guy I'd had said he's the qb next year and took the ridicule with a smile

Savior of the program?? Haven't seen that. Biggest argument was if he will actually be a qb...

If we had went after and signed that other juco guy I'd had said he's the qb next year and took the ridicule with a smile

Evans? I would not have ridiculed you for that. He must have rubbed our staff the wrong way or something.

That may be the one thing I just can't understand with this year's recruiting....well at least the top thing. Not going after him, not offering the linebacker that is on the dt Jackson team, and letting that d end/buck guy go for Florida if it's actually true we stopped recruiting him....

We let kearse go and he's an awesome safety, we let Davis go and he's just a force at linebacker for Florida, and we let Cunningham go and they say he'll be playing in the NFL and he's a monster for vandy. Benequez Brown is literally making a decision to go to the NFL early or come back and play for miss st one more year. I feel like we're making these kind of mistakes again. Also you'll note all those guys play at positions of need

I don't know. But from my list I think kearse was the only guy with character problems. And I'm not even sure about him having some. But maybe that's it, but I was either reading or watching somebody who was held in high regard, can't remember maybe parcell or dungy....But anyway they were saying you need some mean edgy guys on your team. He said that's not a negative that's a positive. He said as long as everybody on the team respects each other it's good.

Archived