Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

If Pearl leaves because of compliance conflicts, then we have an AD that simply can't keep the best coaches by making sure he doesnt have all the resources to compete for championships.

And i really really dont believe the compliance conflict with Pearl. Unless it is something that crosses the line, then Pearl knows he has to be squeaky clean.

Someone is going to have to tell me the exact area the compliance fight concerns before i believe PEarl could leave because of it...

The conflict is real to an extent. The most notable example is they told Bruce he could not hire a GA after the GA was here & already closed on a house. They said no on the GA because he was associated w/ the Southern Elite AAU team that AU compliance banned AU coaches from dealing w/ 12 years ago.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't like our compliance dept until the Cam Newton lies. Then when everything was documented and we were squeaky clean, I appreciated them.

AU's compliance office didn't have to do too much in this situation. AU was clean and there was nothing to hide. Don't get me stated with the stuff I'm told Rich and his bunch are doing to Pearl.

:thumbsup: I've heard from a completely independent source that if Pearl leaves Auburn soon (and he might) it will be because he's being handcuffed by Compliance.

Heard the same.

Is this what has been referred to as the "culture change" needed at AU? That is, uber-conservatism by Compliance on what coaches are allowed to do? There must be something going on because a lot a coaches with good resumes have come through here in the past 10 years and left with a lot worse resumes. The state of men's sports is dismal right now.

I didn't like our compliance dept until the Cam Newton lies. Then when everything was documented and we were squeaky clean, I appreciated them.

AU's compliance office didn't have to do too much in this situation. AU was clean and there was nothing to hide. Don't get me stated with the stuff I'm told Rich and his bunch are doing to Pearl.

:thumbsup: I've heard from a completely independent source that if Pearl leaves Auburn soon (and he might) it will be because he's being handcuffed by Compliance.

Heard the same.

Is this what has been referred to as the "culture change" needed at AU? That is, uber-conservatism by Compliance on what coaches are allowed to do? There must be something going on because a lot a coaches with good resumes have come through here in the past 10 years and left with a lot worse resumes. The state of men's sports is dismal right now.

Our recruiting efforts seem to be as good as ever in football and basketball...so are they really handcuffed?

And if there are really ways that other schools (OM and UA specifically mentioned by WDEWDE in another thread) are funneling $ to recruits/families/friends in a way that can never be traced, then I'd imagine we're doing it to in order to maintain top 10 classes.

Heard the same.

Our recruiting efforts seem to be as good as ever in football and basketball...so are they really handcuffed?

And if there are really ways that other schools (OM and UA specifically mentioned by WDEWDE in another thread) are funneling $ to recruits/families/friends in a way that can never be traced, then I'd imagine we're doing it to in order to maintain top 10 classes.

These coaches jobs are already hard but AU's compliance staff is making their jobs harder. Some stuff compliance is stopping is borderline but all other schools are doing it.

Basically the NCAA had a meeting with AU's compliance staff showing what the NCAA likes and does not like with recruiting. Both football and basketball but lots of stuff with Basketball. The NCAA just said they didn't like the way schools were recruiting not that it was a penalty. NCAA said this "could" be stopped in the future. So Rich decided to go with the NCAA's "advice" and has banned coaches from doing certain things.

The NCAA visited with other schools with these issues and not a single school, uat & ole miss, stopped doing any of this.

In a nutshell.

I think I will cry on the inside if Bruce Pearl leaves

. I will cry on the outside

Tear my clothes, pour ashes over me, the whole works.

Ha, me too. Then I'd get pissed....and not at Bruce.

I'd probably get banned because I would tell the truth about it, no holding back

You look at other places to see cars, custom wheels, cancelled checks and all kinds of bling flashing. Meanwhile AU compliance hyperventilates because a kid's ACT score goes up "too" much.

That said, I sure hope Nate Craig-Myers signs with AU (doing my best imitation of...)

You look at other places to see cars, custom wheels, cancelled checks and all kinds of bling flashing. Meanwhile AU compliance hyperventilates because a kid's ACT score goes up "too" much.

That said, I sure hope Nate Craig-Myers signs with AU (doing my best imitation of...)

You mean the ACT board. Auburn compliance has nothing to do with Purifoy not playing. Last year when Cim sold his family's tickets, that was our compliance dept at work,

I'd probably get banned because I would tell the truth about it, no holding back

Know anyone that's been banned for unvarnished truth telling?

:thumbsup:/> I've heard from a completely independent source that if Pearl leaves Auburn soon (and he might) it will be because he's being handcuffed by Compliance.

Where do you guys here this stuff...I mean someone needs to plug the leak in the AD Dept. It seems like every poster here has a source in the AD office...if so its too many loose lips over there

If Pearl leaves because of compliance conflicts, then we have an AD that simply can't keep the best coaches by making sure he doesnt have all the resources to compete for championships.

And i really really dont believe the compliance conflict with Pearl. Unless it is something that crosses the line, then Pearl knows he has to be squeaky clean.

Someone is going to have to tell me the exact area the compliance fight concerns before i believe PEarl could leave because of it...

His best player is not playing because of Auburn's compliance. If he were at ANY other SEC school he would be on the court. Auburn self reported his jump in ACT score rather than letting the NCAA folks become aware of it on their own and then make a determination. They could have said everything was OK but our compliance didn't want to take the chance. Pearl's beef is that we (Auburn) did nothing wrong so why self penalize ourselves.

Go for it if it's the truth. Don't know of anyone getting banned for telling the truth

His best player is not playing because of Auburn's compliance. If he were at ANY other SEC school he would be on the court. Auburn self reported his jump in ACT score rather than letting the NCAA folks become aware of it on their own and then make a determination. They could have said everything was OK but our compliance didn't want to take the chance. Pearl's beef is that we (Auburn) did nothing wrong so why self penalize ourselves.

Do you have a link for Auburn self reporting the ACT jump? I thought the investigation was initiated by the ACT????

Do you have a link for Auburn self reporting the ACT jump? I thought the investigation was initiated by the ACT????

Well, a link showing the ACT initiated it would suffice as well I suppose.

No link. Info coming from an insider who knows since he is in constant contact with Pearl and one of his top assistants.

Archived