2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

So I am supposed to stick with the "We have a great chance at all of them!" line or don't post at all?

Pretty much.

LOL, noted .. There's nothing but sunshine and flowers in the recruiting backyard ... it's all good .. I am all about sharing the news from sources positive or negative

You forgot lollipops

Freaking love lollipops .. made with rum

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am supposed to stick with the "We have a great chance at all of them!" line or don't post at all?

Pretty much.

LOL, noted .. There's nothing but sunshine and flowers in the recruiting backyard ... it's all good .. I am all about sharing the news from sources positive or negative

You forgot lollipops

Add PBR beer to them and you will have Golf as a friend for life.

Pretty much.

You forgot lollipops

PBR huh? I would have to be drunk the third time in the same day to purposefully drink PBR

Pretty much.

You forgot lollipops

I like you already

Pretty much.

You forgot lollipops

PBR huh? I would have to be drunk the third time in the same day to purposefully drink PBR

I see your trying to get on my good side............

No, but it's pretty interesting that the very moment something positive comes out about Derrick Brown, somebody shows up to bring it all back down to UGA still leading. If your info is real, cool thank you! But you did just kind of come out of nowhere.

Cuz 247boards are just over the top out of control .. civility and objective conversation is never overrated. I live MUCH farther south from all of this, just have connections into some of the high schools around the Ga region. Trying to find out info about Rochester too but that's another thread.

Forgive those of us who took the wrong approach w/ you but look at it from our POV. We get fans from other bases each year who come to troll our boards on our biggest targets. They usually only post in 1 or 2 threads much the way you started. Posting in other threads, especially when you have a genuinely positive opinion about the subject would have proved 1. you're likely fair, balanced, & sane as well as @ more importantly 2. genuinely 1 of us

Back to Derrick, how does Julian's commitment affect his recruitment? I would assume that it wouldn't hurt us, but does it help? Could we play the "more playing time" card?

Back to Derrick, how does Julian's commitment affect his recruitment? I would assume that it wouldn't hurt us, but does it help?

Likely doesn't effect Brown.
Could we play the "more playing time" card?
Doubt it. We are signing 4-5 DTs in this class.

Back to Derrick, how does Julian's commitment affect his recruitment? I would assume that it wouldn't hurt us, but does it help?

If that's truly the goal we are off to an inauspicious start!

There is more out there .. Jackson tweets about playing with Rochester and is in their texting game but sure spends a lot of time at AU. He is the best out there that I believe could be a commit to us. Challenge is his mom. She sent one son to USuCk and during the recruitment of Bryson Allen Williams she fell in love with Mark Richt (not literally of course). That being said, she still sent BAW to USuCk so Jackson is still ripe for the picking for AU.

My thoughts exactly. UGA stealing our lunch $ at the moment.

Considering they are GA kids I'm not sure that's a fair analysis. It should be a major victory when we can pull a kid away from the instate favorite, no so much a huge loss when we don't.

JMO of course.

Besides, when the Pruitt to (fill in school name ) HC rumors start towards the end of this season, all bets are off.

Considering they are GA kids I'm not sure that's a fair analysis. It should be a major victory when we can pull a kid away from the instate favorite, no so much a huge loss when we don't.

JMO of course.

In the case of Auburn, it's closer to "we better pull some". Since the beginning of football we've relied heavily on players from the state of Georgia. We have many, many ties there. If we don't pull in blue-chippers from Georgia, we're in trouble.

JMO of course.

In the case of Auburn, it's closer to "we better pull some". Since the beginning of football we've relied heavily on players from the state of Georgia. We have many, many ties there. If we don't pull in blue-chippers from Georgia, we're in trouble.

^^This^^. Yeah, UGA is usually the favorite but we absolutely have to pull talent from the state each and every cycle. Same with Alabama and Florida. We don't have a state that we're the powerhouse favorite year in and year out,but we still rely on pulling the majority of our talent from these 3 states...regardless of who the "favorite" is.

JMO of course.

^^This^^. Yeah, UGA is usually the favorite but we absolutely have to pull talent from the state each and every cycle. Same with Alabama and Florida. We don't have a state that we're the powerhouse favorite year in and year out,but we still rely on pulling the majority of our talent from these 3 states...regardless of who the "favorite" is.

Totally agree. Plus the fact that the Atlanta area is now one of the biggest hotbeds for High School Football talent, and AU is only about 2 hours away. GA is getting like FL, with too much talent for the in state schools to take it all.

AU IMO should consider putting extra emphasis on FL now with the Gators down a bit. Plus, TX is now completely open, UT Austin no longer has the state cut off. None of the Top 10 committed recruits in Texas this year are committed to UT.

JMO of course.

Oh without a doubt we have to get some talented players or we won't win any titles and the border states are a necessity. My point is for every 4 Rochesters they get we will get 1 Adams and while it would be great to get all 5, the odds are stacked against it.

It would help greatly of they have an LSU 2014 type season

It would be awesome to pull Brown away from UGA, no doubt.

It would be quite an upset and a huge get. Sounds like he likes us.

Garner just put 2 DTs in this past draft. I think he will put a couple more in the next draft. If this defense shows a major improvement this year, the way may of us think it will, then DTs "like" Brown will want to be part of it on a regular basis.

I watched Brown's film again. Very impressive. But it looked like he was lined up at DE, rather than at DT. How come we have him listed here as a DT?

I watched Brown's film again. Very impressive. But it looked like he was lined up at DE, rather than at DT. How come we have him listed here as a DT?

Because that is where we & every other school that is recruiting him wants him as well as all the recruiting sites project him. Just because a player plays 1 spot in high school that does not mean it's where AU & other teams expect him in college.

Because that is where we & every other school that is recruiting him wants him as well as all the recruiting sites project him. Just because a player plays 1 spot in high school that does not mean it's where AU & other teams expect him in college.

Agree.

Many High schools players play different positions in High School based upon need, not because that is where they are best suited or where their talents and size best fit. Most High School teams do not have the luxury of putting their stars where they project at the next level and beyond. Doesn't hurt them per se, since it provides them with flexibility and insight. They will hone their craft at the next level.

4 and 5 star players in High School are athletes first and positional players second. They can be 5 star DTs, QBs, RBs, etc. and three star QBs, DEs, linebackers, etc.

Well, he will make one incredibly fast DT for somebody. His pursuit of the ball after it passes the LOS is extremely impressive on that film. Reminds me of some of the plays Monty made for us last season.

Archived