2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

Eh, he lives in the greater Atlanta metroplex. Downtown Atlanta's got all kinds of stuff going on Saturday. It might be good news, or he might just be doing the most fun thing a kid in his town could possibly do with his weekend.

Okay, this wet blanket's gonna got some other fires to go put out...

People on this site don't call you a "wet blanket",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Behind your back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As far as you know.

The "rain on our parade" maybe.

Man, with the things people call me to my face, I'd hate to hear what they say behind my back.

Well, you never will, so ....

There is that. I feel better now. Thanks as always, AUbritt!

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this got me to thinking ... someone smarter than me can answer.

arent there some "different" recruiting rules for neutral site games? Seems I recall there were some OV type perks that can be done for neutral site games for recruits and it doesnt count as an OV. there is something strange about it ... am I completely off here?

There are a number of things a school can't do at neutral site games that would be allowed on campus. There may be something going the other way but I'm not familiar with it. One big reason UAT moved their home Iron Bowl games to Tuscaloosa from B'ham was because Auburn playing in Auburn instead of up there was giving AU a perceived advantage.

this got me to thinking ... someone smarter than me can answer.

arent there some "different" recruiting rules for neutral site games? Seems I recall there were some OV type perks that can be done for neutral site games for recruits and it doesnt count as an OV. there is something strange about it ... am I completely off here?

We cant have any contact with the recruits at the game.

This isn't based off of any inside information, but of all the 5* DTs we are recruiting, I feel we have the best chance with this young man. I feel like we are losing AJ, and no one really knows what RG is thinking.

Mr. Brown will be an Auburn Tiger. We will have 3-5 total 5 Star players that we sign in 2016 class. 2016 will be a great class of athletes for Auburn. Don't ask me how I know, but just trust the Doc on this one.

Mr. Brown will be an Auburn Tiger. We will have 3-5 total 5 Star players that we sign in 2016 class. 2016 will be a great class of athletes for Auburn. Don't ask me how I know, but just trust the Doc on this one.

Stashing this in my mental file cabinet for later references. Thanks doc

At the game today.

All the CBs have him going to UGA, but I think he is ours to lose...just a hunch and from all the interest he seems to be taking in us lately.

I wouldn't say that he is ours to lose, but it's definitely closer than most believe. Many considered Brown to be a UGA lock, but yet he chose to watch us in the Dome instead of going to Athens for their first game.

I wouldn't say that he is ours to lose, but it's definitely closer than most believe. Many considered Brown to be a UGA lock, but yet he chose to watch us in the Dome instead of going to Athens for their first game.

Agreed.

And wasn't he at our game last week as well?

And wasn't he at our game last week as well?

I think so, yes.

:dunno:

• 1 month later...

I know I beat this drum all the time. There is so much opportunity for early PT.

5* guys assume they will play immediately no matter where they go. Thinking they always have, so why not at the next level too? You might sell playing time to a 3*, moderately recruited player. A 5* assumes he'll play, period.

I know I beat this drum all the time. There is so much opportunity for early PT.

5* guys assume they will play immediately no matter where they go. Thinking they always have, so why not at the next level too? You might sell playing time to a 3*, moderately recruited player. A 5* assumes he'll play, period.

That's true but coaches are selling the amount of playing time. They are showing him our lack of depth and telling him that he can have a big role next year not just spot duty. You think bout 5* DT Payne that went to Bama last year. They told him he would play and he has in spot duty. They even let him start one game I believe and after a couple of plays they brought the players in that play the majority of the snaps. But on or defense it would be a real amount of playing time as freshman because there isn't any other options. I 100% agree that every 5* believes that they are good enough to play anywhere and every coach tells them that. But a player has to be able to see the difference between getting reps and having playing time in the game when it matters and at Auburn next year any Freshman DL will see significant playing time.

I certainly hope this kid comes to AU, but it's going to be tough seeing as how both parents are Mississippi State grads.

??? You really need to follow recruiting a little closer. Georgia is the team to beat, not State.

I certainly hope this kid comes to AU, but it's going to be tough seeing as how both parents are Mississippi State grads.

Kids pick Auburn over MSU even when MSU offers them $200k to sign ;)

When did that happen??? :noevil::msu:

When did that happen??? :noevil::msu:

Strong emoji game!

Archived