2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course every sideline is more "fun" after a win but some college recruits later indicated that how staff & players handled a loss was HUGELY influential on them. Of course our sideline will be more "fun" this weekend. (How come I can't insert emoticons anymore? Have I been naughty?)

Actually its very good for AU that he is coming for the UGA game. imo

Absolutely. Hate that it's an early kickoff, but he'll see JHS at its daytime best. Coming off the big TAMU win and it being the DSOR, the fans will be doing their part. Let's just hope the team keeps them in it the whole time. Also, there will be a handful of other big dogs there, but not so many that we can't give him plenty of individual attention. Best of all worlds.

This game will shake up recruiting for both AU and Ga.

Normally, one game doesn't make/break a recruitment. However, I believe this year has the flavor of a difference maker, depending on how things play out.

seccountry.com article quotes Brown has the best relationship with Coach Garner (take that fire Garner people) of any of the coaches that are recruiting him. As a whole, my family and I have developed a great relationship with coach Garner,” Brown said in the interview. “My parents talk to him constantly.”

The 6-foot-4, 318-pound defensive tackle from Lanier High School (Ga.) even categorized his mother’s relationship with the coaching staff as one ‘that won’t be broken’.

“My family loves it down there,” Brown said in the interview. “My mom has definitely built a relationship with the coaching staff.”

By the way with the addition of CL to the D-Line a lot of other D-Linemen have suddenly learned to play. I saw multiple D-Linemen making plays does that mean Garner can coach.

Derrick Brown posted on Twitter yesterday that it is not his job to make anyone happy and that he will make the decision which is best for he and hisfafamily. I woulsnt be surprised at all to find out the the tweet was directed to UGA fans.

By the way with the addition of CL to the D-Line a lot of other D-Linemen have suddenly learned to play. I saw multiple D-Linemen making plays does that mean Garner can coach.

I also did NOT see anything substantial from the CTR coached DL...

I really want Brown to attend Auburn University but it might be a hard pull with UGA being his childhood favorite; would have helped us if CMR and staff was fired after this season; that win against us may have earned him at least 1 more year in UGA though.. Hopefully GT will beat them and we still have a shot at a coaching change at UGA; I think that's our only real shot at getting Brown.

WAR EAGLE!!

I really want Brown to attend Auburn University but it might be a hard pull with UGA being his childhood favorite; would have helped us if CMR and staff was fired after this season; that win against us may have earned him at least 1 more year in UGA though.. Hopefully GT will beat them and we still have a shot at a coaching change at UGA; I think that's our only real shot at getting Brown.

WAR EAGLE!!

Be careful what you wish for because a coaching change could actually work in their favor.

WAR EAGLE!!

Be careful what you wish for because a coaching change could actually work in their favor.

For UGA I think that losing to GT may be worse than a loss to AU. A loss to both would have been ideal, but I will take a loss to Tech at his point. Sorry Golf!

WAR EAGLE!!

For UGA I think that losing to GT may be worse than a loss to AU. A loss to both would have been ideal, but I will take a loss to Tech at his point. Sorry Golf!

You sir have no idea what your talking about......numnuts all around.

I almost broke my tv and killed the dog when the neers beat FSU with that damn block field goal

Sorry Golf but the way you feel about GT is the way I feel about FSU. I was ecstatic wen they beat FSU.

• 2 weeks later...

We need him and at least one more top notch DT but two more would be ideal Jackson and Gary

Archived