Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Blackberry Smoke, Jimmy Hall and The Black Bettys rocking it again! Just released a 6 song EP with  a portion of proceeds going going to Covid-19 relief. Dang I wish I could sing like this.

• Like 1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Some of the better dance songs from the day yep I could hang pretty good on the dance floor

Love the GAP band. 

• Like 1

Random I know but I have always liked this song. 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, gr82be said:

Random I know but I have always liked this song. 

My Father In Law was a great banjo player from West Virgina travel around the Appalachia states playing in his group. Taught himself how to play. You would swear you were hearing Earl playing. We had all his reel to reels/cassettes made into CD's. When he would come visit from out of state he always bring one of his three or four banjos and would play anything I requested great memories.

He loved Earl and royally dislike Roy Clark playing. He tried to explain the difference in styles between to the two but it was a foreign language to me

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

My Father In Law was a great banjo player from West Virgina travel around the Appalachia states playing in his group. Taught himself how to play. You would swear you were hearing Earl playing. We had all his reel to reels/cassettes made into CD's. When he would come visit from out of state he always bring one of his three or four banjos and would play anything I requested great memories.

He loved Earl and royally dislike Roy Clark playing. He tried to explain the difference in styles between to the two but it was a foreign language to me

I've always envied folks who got to just hang out with string musicians and listen to them play. Closest I ever got was that annoying dude in high school who would bring his acoustic guitar and was terrible and sang these awful cheesy songs, and all the dudes hated him but all the girls fell for it.

One of the best things about going to bluegrass festivals is listening to professionals do their thing all day and then going back to the campground and falling asleep to folks picking around their campfires.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've always envied folks who got to just hang out with string musicians and listen to them play. Closest I ever got was that annoying dude in high school who would bring his acoustic guitar and was terrible and sang these awful cheesy songs, and all the dudes hated him but all the girls fell for it.

One of the best things about going to bluegrass festivals is listening to professionals do their thing all day and then going back to the campground and falling asleep to folks picking around their campfires.

Bluegrass is some of the best concerts ever

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Whoever your favorite rock guitar player is, they've got like half a dozen folks that good on stage at any given time, haha.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, augolf1716 said:

Always have a blast at bluegrass shows. Ska shows as well(I don’t really even listen to Ska in my free time). Just a lot of awesome, mostly positive energy. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Always have a blast at bluegrass shows. Ska shows as well(I don’t really even listen to Ska in my free time). Just a lot of awesome, mostly positive energy. 

Wow don't hear SKA brought up very much but I agree with your assessment  "Just a lot of awesome, mostly positive energy." Anything with Jamaican influence is going to be good

• Love 1

Doubt many of you have ever heard this but its one of the best psychedelic/acid songs ever. Also a little trivia anyone recognize one of the band members who later became famous

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Speaking of acid trips compare this to the Supremes version

Have you seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? I knew I recognized that Vanilla Fudge version from somewhere. Absolutely bonkers. Amazing.

As for trippy music, well, just exercise good judgment before attending a Halloween Phish show. This is them covering a Talking Heads song... which was written to sound like a Joy Division song... except nobody in Talking Heads had actually heard Joy Division... and they wrote the song to sound like Joy Division based off what they'd read that Joy Division sounds like. And this performance is way trippier than that might make it sound. Listen to the first few bars and then register that it doesn't get really weird until around 4:45. Sorry for the video quality but it's probably pretty fitting for everyone's mental state at that show. This is probably the one "I was there" concert I've been to. 

This is the entire set of them covering Remain in Light start to finish. Just one hour sandwiched in the middle of an already-full-length concert.

• Like 1