Danny Sheridan with an AU prediction

Auburn2Eugene

Just now, AUwent said:

I mean, I've been disappointed as well but because the LSU game means more to me than it probably does to most, I don't consider last season anywhere near a complete failure, even if it's not where we need to be.

You're right. It wasn't a complete failure we just got hit with a giant injury bug at the worst possible time. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth. Mainly because we were teased with being on the cusp of real greatness when the injuries derailed us.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

You're right. It wasn't a complete failure we just got hit with a giant injury bug at the worst possible time. Still have a bitter taste in my mouth. Mainly because we were teased with being on the cusp of real greatness when the injuries derailed us.

Strictly looking at the W-L record it wasn't a complete disaster.  From a coaching/roster management/play calling/preparedness standpoint, it was inept.  And a coach pulling +$4mm/yr shouldn't look inept on the sidelines in his 4th year at the helm of a big time SEC program.

Here's to a better showing this year!  

We need to call this year the Revenge Tour. Beating Clemson after that awful, unspeakable crap from last year then beating the corndogs in death valley after not for 18 years, beating Georgia also after that collapse from last year and finally beating Bammer for obvious reasons. Also as an added bonus beating F$U in the playoff would be glorious.

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Strictly looking at the W-L record it wasn't a complete disaster.  From a coaching/roster management/play calling/preparedness standpoint, it was inept.  And a coach pulling +$4mm/yr shouldn't look inept on the sidelines in his 4th year at the helm of a big time SEC program.

Here's to a better showing this year!  

That is precisely why I have a bitter taste in my mouth. Not all of our issues were health related but down the stretch it was tough.

We beat Clemson by 10-14 points. 

I am confident we will be Uga and the Turds in 2017. The same for Dabo & Coach Ogre and any other team that gets in our way. Take this to the bank and make a huge deposit!

Other preseason predictions appearing:

“The good news for Tigers fans: all nine of Steele’s power ratings project Auburn to win nine or 10 games. He expects Auburn’s offensive production to jump to 38.2 points per game and the defense should be “just as solid” as the group that finished in the top 15 last season.

Steele ranks Auburn No. 9 in his preseason power poll and No. 12 in his projections for when the season ends.”

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Phil-Steele-Auburn-could-be-in-mix-for-College-Football-Playoff-53145273

On 6/7/2017 at 2:26 PM, WFE12 said:

We need to call this year the Revenge Tour. Beating Clemson after that awful, unspeakable crap from last year then beating the corndogs in death valley after not for 18 years, beating Georgia also after that collapse from last year and finally beating Bammer for obvious reasons. Also as an added bonus beating F$U in the playoff would be glorious.

Making Auburn Great Again! Yes to all of what you said and certainly not messing it up by losing a game to a second tier SEC team like State or Arky. Tuberville could almost always beat a top ten team but then lose to Arkansas. Always hated that. 

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Other preseason predictions appearing:

“The good news for Tigers fans: all nine of Steele’s power ratings project Auburn to win nine or 10 games. He expects Auburn’s offensive production to jump to 38.2 points per game and the defense should be “just as solid” as the group that finished in the top 15 last season.

Steele ranks Auburn No. 9 in his preseason power poll and No. 12 in his projections for when the season ends.”

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Phil-Steele-Auburn-could-be-in-mix-for-College-Football-Playoff-53145273

He expects us to play Northwestern in Outback, so I assume he has some combination of Florida and Georgia in the Orange and Citrus bowls.

Hopefully 2014-16 = '90-'92 and this year = 1993 (besides, y'know, the probation and changing coaches part).

I have waited 43 years to go to an Iron Bowl and this year I finally got tickets. There is a reason for that, it is because the winner will go to the SEC Championship game and I firmly believe that!!!

47 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yep. Hard to disagree. Ouch. 

I don't know... the fact that he refers to the oldest rivalry in the SEC as "alleged" pretty much negates his opinion on anything else.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't know... the fact that he refers to the oldest rivalry in the SEC as "alleged" pretty much negates his opinion on anything else.

I think his point is that it's not much of a rivalry when one side barely ever wins.

We've only won 4 times in the last 15 years. Georgia Tech has beaten them 3 times in the same span. 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

He expects us to play Northwestern in Outback, so I assume he has some combination of Florida and Georgia in the Orange and Citrus bowls.

Called us 2nd in West, so somebody over there must play in somewhere.

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

Making Auburn Great Again! Yes to all of what you said and certainly not messing it up by losing a game to a second tier SEC team like State or Arky. Tuberville could almost always beat a top ten team but then lose to Arkansas. Always hated that. 

Yeah I could see us maybe getting tripped up by Ole Siss.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah I could see us maybe getting tripped up by Ole Siss.

Ole Miss isn't gonna be beating anyone next season

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ole Miss isn't gonna be beating anyone next season

If they even have a team by the end of the season... it sounds like the NCAA hammer is getting ready to fall.

42 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If they even have a team by the end of the season... it sounds like the NCAA hammer is getting ready to fall.

I doubt it's a death penalty. But they'll be losing scholarships. A lot of them. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I doubt it's a death penalty. But they'll be losing scholarships. A lot of them. 

I was thinking more about losing coaches than the death penalty.  That and the NCAA letting players jump ship.  They could be worse off than Baylor was last year.

We will beat Bama this year so this is all a mute point. I know I am a sunshine pumper, but from everyone I have talked to this is going to be a special season. We were a qb away last year and we got a stud. Everyone around the program is very optimistic. I haven't seen this much optimism in a long time. 

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

We will beat Bama this year so this is all a mute point. I know I am a sunshine pumper, but from everyone I have talked to this is going to be a special season. We were a qb away last year and we got a stud. Everyone around the program is very optimistic. I haven't seen this much optimism in a long time. 

Hot diggity!!! I don't know what connections you have to proclaim all this stuff between this and saying Justyn Ross and Justin Fields are coming for sure but I'm all for it!

Danny is right about one thing... 4-5 million for the results Gus has stuck us with... not acceptable... too many people equate Gus with Auburn... he is simply an employee that is paid handsomely yet has delivered poor results... I am an Auburn man...Gus just happens to be the coach...

Archived