Favorite AU Player That Wasn't Everyone Else's?

ClaytonAU

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

My guy

Represented AU well. I felt really bad for him during 2012 season...abysmal.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Mikey Zofko. Guy was a tough as nails and mean as a snake RB. Also enjoyed a nice career in the NFL.

Speaking of Zofko I remember him throwing a halfback pass to Alvin Bressler which Btessler took to the house against Clemson in 1970, I believe. 

I was at that game and I remember Auburn put an industrial strength a$$ kicking on Clemson winning 51-0

I brought this up because I always liked Bressler.:bananadance:

Brandon Johnson -- Ronnie and Caddy's fullback

Mark Brown -- the MLB between Dontarrious Thomas and Karlos Dansby. He was going off against UF in the game Cadillac broke his leg and we were introduced to Ronnie Brown.

Antoine Nolan -- as a kid I remember thinking his blonde hair was so cool

Great topic, and I'm sure I'll think of more later

Harold Hallman, all SEC nose tackle.  Think he was around 5'11" and 240, but I remember reading/hearing he could bench over 500 lbs.

18 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Tom Banks..................guy was crazy as hell but damn he knew how to party and scare the crap out of a recruit. Plus he would go to battle for any of his teammates.

Had a good career in the NFL

Image result for tom banks auburn

Anyone else remember when they held an NFL's strongest man competition in the Auburn Coliseum in 1980 I think?  Joe Klecko  won the overall title.  But, in the squat competition Banks won easily.  I think he did over 40 reps, and the whole place was going nuts as he just kept cranking them out like machine.

Mark Brown was the LB in 2002. He was a stud. He started for the Jets for a New York minute.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Represented AU well. I felt really bad for him during 2012 season...abysmal.

Turned out so well for him though. Great choice and great story. 

48 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Speaking of Zofko I remember him throwing a halfback pass to Alvin Bressler which Btessler took to the house against Clemson in 1970, I believe. 

I was at that game and I remember Auburn put an industrial strength a$$ kicking on Clemson winning 51-0

I brought this up because I always liked Bressler.:bananadance:

My HS Coach!!!

My favorite player came to Auburn as a quarterback. Although starting 7 games in 2008, he did not live up to the expectations set for him as a highly regarded dual threat qb coming out of high school. Prior to the ’09 season, he graciously accepted a move to wide receiver, where he became a serviceable receiver and a determined blocker. His playing career ended on a high note when he caught a td pass in the 2010 NC game.

26 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Mark Brown was the LB in 2002. He was a stud. He started for the Jets for a New York minute.

ah my bad IDK why I said Mike....but yes we had an amazing LB unit there for a little while Dansby, D Thomas, and MB.

Mentioned on this thread already, but I'll second Clayton Beauford and Jason Miska.

I'm enjoying this because I really don't know some of these guys, with me being younger then most on the board and looking them up is really entertaining! 

Kodi Burns! Hans down, because he was the picture of a team player.

Dennis Collier could fire up a stadium like nobody else.  Incredible passion.  

Benji Roland is often overlooked because he played next to Rocker and Stallworth, but he was a good one.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Jonathan Wallace

He's a good one. 

I live near his hometown and everyone spoke so highly of his character - the people I worked with whose kids went to his HS to his ex gf's family. Fantastic AU man! 

Archived