NFL Thread

aujeff11

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I resent this statement

No dog in the fight. Not a fan of Brady the person.

He is the greatest quarterback of all time. There's simply not much of a debate to be had. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No dog in the fight. Not a fan of Brady the person.

He is the greatest quarterback of all time. There's simply not much of a debate to be had. 

I definitely am not a fan of him either. I can't call a cheater the GOAT. If Rodgers was in his position he would have equal success if not better imo.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I definitely am not a fan of him either. I can't call a cheater the GOAT. If Rodgers was in his position he would have equal success if not better imo.

I totally believe that's possible. Quite possibly true of some of the other guys in the conversation, too- Montana, Manning, Marino...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Rodgers is worthy enough to be considered second best although I’d personally put Manning there. Brady is just a winner. He’s won 5 SB’s and has gone to 8. You cannot reasonably assume that Rodgers would be just as successful. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Rodgers is worthy enough to be considered second best although I’d personally put Manning there. Brady is just a winner. He’s won 5 SB’s and has gone to 8. You cannot reasonably assume that Rodgers would be just as successful. 

In my opinion, Russell Wilson is as good or better than Rodgers. Rodgers is a great/outstanding quarterback, Brady is superior and is only rivaled by Montana. Rodgers is to Brady what Young was to Montana. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

In my opinion, Russell Wilson is as good or better than Rodgers. Rodgers is a great/outstanding quarterback, Brady is superior and is only rivaled by Montana. Rodgers is to Brady what Young was to Montana. 

Agree although right now Rodgers is the best  QB. If both are in the their prime and you’re the GM and can draft any QB to win you the game, which one would it be? Brady!

Rodgers is more mobile, Brady can step up and manipulate the pocket but Rodgers can run a little, and probably more zip than Brady. Brady just seems to have more of the “it”. Tom is a little more accurate and I’d even say more cerebral. 

• Facepalm 1

??‍♂️ alrighty then 

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Rodgers is too. His defenses have been trash over the years. He needs more help.

Khalil Mack to the Bears is imminent. Raiders fans going to wake up pissed.

From Shefter:

Over last 48 hours, Raiders engaged in active trade talks with multiple teams. They asked for two first-round picks. Other teams made enticing, big-time offers of multiple picks. Chicago was willing to offer most, whatever compensation turns out to be in the end. It will be rich.

Edited by aujeff11

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

From Shefter:

Over last 48 hours, Raiders engaged in active trade talks with multiple teams. They asked for two first-round picks. Other teams made enticing, big-time offers of multiple picks. Chicago was willing to offer most, whatever compensation turns out to be in the end. It will be rich.

Without knowing the details, on it’s surface, this sucks. I suppose they’re blowing the thing up to rebuild it. Now I suppose all my NFL joy will depend on the Patriots because Dallas and the Raiders are going to suck this season. 

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Without knowing the details, on it’s surface, this sucks. I suppose they’re blowing the thing up to rebuild it. Now I suppose all my NFL joy will depend on the Patriots because Dallas and the Raiders are going to suck this season. 

You can always jump on the double Cam Olsen Payne train.

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You can always jump on the double Cam Olsen Payne train.

Carolina is my wife and kids team but they also like Golden State ?. I do have Carolina as my defense in my work league and I decided to drop a bench filler wr (Gallup) and take a chance on Chicago’s defense. They should be sack happy. 

Panthers get OT Corey Robinson from Lions in exchange for picks.  How do we embed tweets again? 

40 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Panthers get OT Corey Robinson from Lions in exchange for picks.  How do we embed tweets again? 

Click copy link on tweet and paste here.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

From Shefter:

Gruden pissing off fans and now this.. not to mention this is the last year in Oakland..

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Sarkisian....tsk..tsk..tsk.

It's such a new and different feeling to watch phenomenal defensive performances pissed away by an offense that can't finish...

Hopefully I need not bother with the yellow font.

I hate sports.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Lol @McLoofus I didn't know you were a falcons fan. My condolences...

Do you think the current generation of Falcons can ever forget 28-3? I don’t think so.