Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

TitanTiger

I think right now Gus is looking good.  We have a much improved defense than when we lost to LSU.  We held Alabama to 14 points and we even stopped them from scoring a desperation touchdown which would have still meant they lost.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When you make a statement like this publicly, then the person you called out turns it around and fixes the problem, then mea culpas should be just as public.  I was angry and I didn't see any way he was going to fix it.  I was wrong.  He learned from what lost us that game and we're sitting at 10-2, dominating wins over both our biggest rivals and a berth in the SECCG with a chance at the CFP.  I can't ask much more than that (other than not blowing the rematch).

I'm back on the bus, Gus.  My apologies.

20 people liked it, 5 loved it, 4 were thankful for it, and only one were angry, And the In Gus I trusters didn’t bother pleading their case this thread either. Gus learned and overcame and will now get a raise on top of a ridiculous nice contract already and he understands the lay of the land. You have no reason to apologize to anybody. 

Titan, you were not alone. I assure you I have been far more "wrong" over FAR less. (Oh, and you can have a window seat) ?

Gus made the necessary changes.  Kudos to him and the staff. Never lost the team after the LSU debacle. Righted the ship and took down his two biggest rivals while both were at the top of the heap. 

4 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Gus made the necessary changes.  Kudos to him and the staff. Never lost the team after the LSU debacle. Righted the ship and took down his two biggest rivals while both were at the top of the heap. 

Saban can't say that. He's never beaten a 9 win Auburn team :nopityA:

On 10/14/2017 at 6:41 PM, jAUSon said:

I'm betting he loses the locker room after tonight. Anybody got a thumbs up?

Quoting my own post here. Boy was I wrong, shamelessly shopping for thumbs, to boot. Even when he lost us (me), he kept those boys believing.

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Is that true?  

2 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

Saban can't say that. He's never beaten a 9 win Auburn team :nopityA:

Yes. He's 0-8 against 9+ win Auburn teams.

• TitanTiger changed the title to Fire him now. Start the search. (updated with mea culpa)

I scanned through this thread and was sooooo thankful that I had not posted anything. Believe me,  I was angry and upset too.  It takes a big person to admit when they were wrong. It also takes a big person to see the error of their ways and make a change.  I am thankful that Gus was able to make adjustments in his thinking and turned up his aggressiveness. Kudos to you, Titan!

I made it clear in my deep skepticism of Gus that I wish he could fix the issues and succeed because that would be best for Auburn. I fully admit I didn’t think he could do it and he proved me wrong! I’m thankful he did and looking around at the dumpster fire we have in this conference I’m thankful we won’t be participating in the coaching carousel this year. All that said I won’t apologize for having high expectations of our program.  What we witnessed in Auburn yesterday proves it could be the norm instead of the exception.

10 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I made it clear in my deep skepticism of Gus that I wish he could fix the issues and succeed because that would be best for Auburn. I fully admit I didn’t think he could do it and he proved me wrong! I’m thankful he did and looking around at the dumpster fire we have in this conference I’m thankful we won’t be participating in the coaching carousel this year. All that said I won’t apologize for having high expectations of our program.  What we witnessed in Auburn yesterday proves it could be the norm instead of the exception.

I mean- how many "final straws" were there supposed to be? I'm right there with you. Coach turned it around. I'm in!

Was it me and Mikey the last ones on the bus?...and 100% in agreement that any school out shopping for a new coach right now is in trouble.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Was it me and Mikey the last ones on the bus?...and 100% in agreement that any school out shopping for a new coach right now is in trouble.

Mikey would stay on the bus until that sucker fell off a cliff while engulfed in flames, into a river sinking slowly to the bottom as alligators closed in wearing laser beams on their heads....but kudos to you sir as you mostly stayed calm and made reasonable arguments for keeping him. I’m ecstatic it worked out like it did. I only and always want what’s best for Auburn and as I’ve stated elsewhere right now Gus is what’s best for Auburn.

29 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Mikey would stay on the bus until that sucker fell off a cliff while engulfed in flames, into a river sinking slowly to the bottom as alligators closed in wearing laser beams on their heads....

Who was correct in their assessment? It certainly wasn't the knee-jerk "the sky is falling" crowd. If we lose Saturday, you'll be right back off the bus. I'll still be on it.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who was correct in their assessment? It certainly wasn't the knee-jerk "the sky is falling" crowd. If we lose Saturday, you'll be right back off the bus. I'll still be on it.

We really need a special section of the bus that is easy on/off for the especially fair weather fans.  It really should be caged off for everyone’s protection.

57 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was the quiet one in the back.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I was the quiet one in the back.

Right there with ya @lionheartkc!!! I've always liked Gus and felt he was good for Auburn, even when I was mad at him.  Figured he must have had a reason for some of his decisions.  Can you tell I'm a rule follower? Lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5261092

Me and all the other ones who jumped off trying to get back on! lol

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Mikey would stay on the bus until that sucker fell off a cliff while engulfed in flames, into a river sinking slowly to the bottom as alligators closed in wearing laser beams on their heads....but kudos to you sir as you mostly stayed calm and made reasonable arguments for keeping him. I’m ecstatic it worked out like it did. I only and always want what’s best for Auburn and as I’ve stated elsewhere right now Gus is what’s best for Auburn.

the gameplan for georgia and bama STILL LEAVES ME BEYOND puzzled about the second half of the lsu game. What in the blue hayyuuuuul happened there? After that I had just resigned to the fact that gus would never change and stuck in his ways of run every first down with no imagination in the passing game. This was not 15 or 16 where we did not have a good qb. He had a good qb and just refused to let him pass. If the second half of the LSU game is what it FINALLY took to change gus for good it was worth extending the losing streak in red stick lol

I was among the many who were calling for Gus the Great, as I referred to him, to be canned after the LSU debacle. But Gus proved old dogs can learn new tricks. And his latest was a show stopper to say the least. I know he won't see this but Gus, I tip my hat to you, your coaches and players. WDE to you all.

Archived