AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

That ranking sheet is odd - we currently have the same number of 5 stars (0), 2 more four stars and 1 more three star than Bama but we're #9 and they're #6. They signed 17 while we signed 20 but even the average value per signee "logic" escapes me there.

Overall, I'd give the class a solid B+ so far (assuming the rest of the commitments sign). I'm glad we FINALLY got a highly touted safety with Quindarious Monday (we seemed to miss on all of them in years past). If we can get Schwartz I'd give it an A- and if we can flip Quay Walker from Bama I'd give it an A+ (our LB depth would be scary good). Regardless, this is a solid class. Great job Gus and staff! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

That ranking sheet is odd - we currently have the same number of 5 stars (0), 2 more four stars and 1 more three star than Bama but we're #9 and they're #6. They signed 17 while we signed 20 but even the average value per signee "logic" escapes me there.

Logic is in #2 from this post...

Edited by ellitor

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Anybody know what the tweet said?

why is keith trying to stir something up!!! lol come on GOAT!!! us AU fans are naturally always on edge as it is! He said I refuse to be anyones plan B though if anyone wanted to know the tweet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

why is keith trying to stir something up!!! lol come on GOAT!!! us AU fans are naturally always on edge as it is! He said I refuse to be anyones plan B though if anyone wanted to know the tweet.

Who tweeted it? Ross? If so, that could be good for us. 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Who tweeted it? Ross? If so, that could be good for us. 

schwartz. but like 90% sure he was talking about mullen and florida.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

:dunno: :-\ It's been news for a while now that Schwartz wasn't the biggest fan of the Mullen hire. 

Edited by thaitopher
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I refuse to walk the plank over a high school kid......unless he is the fastest in the nation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hopefully, he wasn't referring to AU and Ross.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

pretty sure AS is a take right now.

I can see a scenario where the coaches decided at the last minute to only take one more WR instead of two, especially given how many WRs we already have committed in this class and how few slots we have left. I can also see a scenario where he was referring to Mullen. Who knows. 

Edited by thaitopher

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I can see a scenario where the coaches decided at the last minute to only take one more WR instead of two, especially given how many WRs we already have committed in this class and how few slots we have left. I can also see a scenario where he was referring to Mullen. Who knows. 

It would be incredibly stupid to hold Ross’s spot at Schwartz’s expense when Ross is probably favoring Clemson. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Keith said he's a take FWIW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It would be incredibly stupid to hold Ross’s spot at Schwartz’s expense when Ross is probably favoring Clemson. 

latest?cb=20150310031734

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Are Nigerians fashionably late?

Yup! And I'm not throwing shade. They'll happily tell you the same. Most Africans I've met openly mock American punctuality. I knew some Zimbabweans who would show up 44 minutes late to a 45 minute soccer practice. "It's not like anyone has died." Well, I guess not, Coach. (Yes, they were the coaches.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup! And I'm not throwing shade. They'll happily tell you the same. Most Africans I've met openly mock American punctuality. I knew some Zimbabweans who would show up 44 minutes late to a 45 minute soccer practice. "It's not like anyone has died." Well, I guess not, Coach. (Yes, they were the coaches.)

I think MOST countries in the world, the cultures are much more laid back than here in the U.S. I kind of miss it to be honest. It's just a completely different approach to life. They aren't running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I used to live in Cambodia and my very first day there, I had to wait for about an hour to be served during lunch because the cook was taking a nap.....at like 11:00 a.m. in the morning. :Sing:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2