Herb Hand to Texas

Auhud08

16 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Recruiting he's been en fuego but coaching he leaves much to be desired. We got A1 talent at WR and we need better coaching there. Better route trees ya know...

So Kodi is responsible for the philosophy on the route trees? ?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Man idk, all I know is that something needs to change. Our wr's have improved some but still need work. Way too many times where they didn't get open.

7 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

exactly...half of the people on this board did not know what a route tree was until it was brought up with a receiver from Gus offense who got drafted. Now everyone is a route tree genius.

Someone show this to Gus...if flag football teams can manage to learn these then so can Auburn dangit!

routetree.jpg

Also, I too support the candidate the Bird put forward for OL coach

Supposedly our line was nominated for one of the best in the country by some award measure, per Shaggy Texas. Sure didn’t feel like it!

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Supposedly our line was nominated for one of the best in the country by some award measure, per Shaggy Texas. Sure didn’t feel like it!

Yeah, and Hillary was the most qualified presidential candidate as well :poke:

Just now, Harp_AU2013 said:

so these last few OLine recruits we were looking to pick up - Gougiage, Barnes, Stanford GT - do they look somewhere else?

Most to of them are already looking somewhere else... Doesn't mean we can't pull them in... in fact, a splash hire could be the difference maker.

I think this is good. First HH was brought here to help Gus run his offense. If Chip is really to take over the offense then he needs to decide who he wants as a OL coach. It might hurt a little this year recruiting ( it wasn’t like we were settting the woods on fire anyway with OL recruits) but overall I think it was a plus to make the change. I think Gus gave his friend a chance to find a mutual way out, so it works well for all. I think we are plent deep at OL talent wise to be successful this year and hopefully we can make up the shortfall of OL in the 2019 class. But I’m happy if we can get a good OL coach to prepare the talent we have. Wish CHH the best at Texas.

Dear Coach Hand, This is hard for me to say but I feel it's time for us to break it off. First of all I want you to know, it's not you, it's me (depends on who you talk to). I just think that we feel differently about the direction we want this relationship to go. We've had some good times and we've had some bad times. I know I said some things after the Clemson and LSU game that I shouldn't have. I felt it, I just shouldn't have said it. Of course it couldn't have been any better than the Georgia and Bama games leading to the Western Division Championship. That's where the good times ended though. Those two dates we had in Atlanta were the worst and I couldn't help but think that we would be better off going our separate ways. Signed Me.    Seriously, I do wish Herb Hand much success at Texas. Sometimes things just don't work out but hopefully everyone will be better for it with the change. Just thought I'd have a little fun with a Dear John letter. :)

I don't think he's an actual option, but how would people feel about Cole Cubelic being hired? I feel like there would be mixed opinions. On one hand, he seems to know so much about the ins and outs of being, breaking down, and coaching OL. On the other, idk if he's ever had a coaching job. 

After looking at their 24/7 thread on this, I have found out a couple things.

They think Hand is going to be an excellent OL coach.

They think we are bitter they took him (LOL.) They think we are still bitter over them taking our former DCs before

And someone posted in there a Tweet from a Notre Dame writer that says Herb Hand is now off the market. I guess they are looking to replace their OL coach as well. But this tells me that Hand was put on the market...

Bird - don't be going to TX just to get something good to eat, 

BBQ here is good too, and don't forget the possum & gravy here!!!!

Archived