Brad_ATX

Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Show stealer tomorrow will be the tag team TLC between the Bludgeon Bros/Usos/New Day.  Usos finally getting a match on the main card and I think they deliver something super fun here.

Nakamura/Styles should be great too if they give it at least 20 minutes.

Expecting a Shane heel turn on Bryan in that match, but excited for DB's return. 

And the sneaky good match is on the pre-show.  Ali vs Alexander could be GREAT if they get at least 15 minutes.

MANNNNNNNNNNNN watch them put nak and styles as the match that opens the main show!!!!! they always disrespect the smackdown title and always have for the post part. This will be 349-3434922349023902390 of a better match than brock and reigns. I STAND BY WHAT I have been saying for months. Charlotte vs Asuka should main event. it is going to tear the house down and is the most important singles match ever at mania for the women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

MANNNNNNNNNNNN watch them put nak and styles as the match that opens the main show!!!!! they always disrespect the smackdown title and always have for the post part. This will be 349-3434922349023902390 of a better match than brock and reigns. I STAND BY WHAT I have been saying for months. Charlotte vs Asuka should main event. it is going to tear the house down and is the most important singles match ever at mania for the women.

From all rumors, the women will main event next year in NYC.

I think they'd be stupid to put Lesnar/Reigns on last as there could be some Mania 20 style fan revolting when Lesnar fought Goldberg.  Only way you put them on last is if there's a heel turn for Reigns involved.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May just be me, but I would like to see an occasional change from what has become a predictable opening to the Raw and Smackdown shows. Every show starts out with a wrestler or commissioner coming out, talking smack for about 10 minutes and then predictably a wrestler's music starts up to interrupt whoever is talking. How about on occasion they actually have a match to start the show off, then go to what is normally the opening or something similar (just something different to break the monotony.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

May just be me, but I would like to see an occasional change from what has become a predictable opening to the Raw and Smackdown shows. Every show starts out with a wrestler or commissioner coming out, talking smack for about 10 minutes and then predictably a wrestler's music starts up to interrupt whoever is talking. How about on occasion they actually have a match to start the show off, then go to what is normally the opening or something similar (just something different to break the monotony.)

100% there with you.  I'd actually like to do away with authority figures or make them in the mold of Regal on NXT.  He's only used to make a match here or there and make big announcements (like tournaments or signings).  Otherwise, it's all about the wrestlers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so Mania thoughts:

- Great call to start with the IC match.  Lots of action.

- Can't believe they killed Asuka's streak!  I was convinced that honor was going to Rousey, but it looks like they are building to Charlotte vs Rousey to headline next year.

- Speaking of Rousey, her match was way better than it had any right being.  Super impressed with the layout to cover up deficiencies.

- Nak/Styles was disappointing as hell, but the heel turn could be fun.

- Wish they would have done more with New Day/Usos/Bludgeon Bros.  That could have been great but got squeezed.

- Daniel Bryan coming back was fun, but he should have lost that match.  The story is better with Sami/KO on Smackdown.

- I REALLY didn't want Undertaker to come back, but that was a perfect way to do it.  Hopefully he's gone for good now though.

- Braun winning with a kid was hilariously fun.

- The crowd HATED the Brock/Roman match and it showed.  Roman got killed and still no one cared when they tried to do the fallen hero thing at the top of the ramp.  He needs a heel turn in the worst way, because fans are just not accepting him and haven't for a while.  He could easily say "I was bleeding, giving everything, and you still didn't care.  You chanted 'this is awful' and 'you deserve it'.  Well, you don't deserve me!"  Also, why build up the F5 for a year as this devastating thing that no one kicks out of only for Roman to do it 5 times and still lose?  It's just dumb.

- NXT Takeover still ruled all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

OK, so Mania thoughts:

- Great call to start with the IC match.  Lots of action.

- Can't believe they killed Asuka's streak!  I was convinced that honor was going to Rousey, but it looks like they are building to Charlotte vs Rousey to headline next year.

- Speaking of Rousey, her match was way better than it had any right being.  Super impressed with the layout to cover up deficiencies.

- Nak/Styles was disappointing as hell, but the heel turn could be fun.

- Wish they would have done more with New Day/Usos/Bludgeon Bros.  That could have been great but got squeezed.

- Daniel Bryan coming back was fun, but he should have lost that match.  The story is better with Sami/KO on Smackdown.

- I REALLY didn't want Undertaker to come back, but that was a perfect way to do it.  Hopefully he's gone for good now though.

- Braun winning with a kid was hilariously fun.

- The crowd HATED the Brock/Roman match and it showed.  Roman got killed and still no one cared when they tried to do the fallen hero thing at the top of the ramp.  He needs a heel turn in the worst way, because fans are just not accepting him and haven't for a while.  He could easily say "I was bleeding, giving everything, and you still didn't care.  You chanted 'this is awful' and 'you deserve it'.  Well, you don't deserve me!"  Also, why build up the F5 for a year as this devastating thing that no one kicks out of only for Roman to do it 5 times and still lose?  It's just dumb.

- NXT Takeover still ruled all.

MATCHES OF THE FREAKING NIGHT were the 2 that opened the show!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!! Rollins looked like the got dang main event star he really is!!! LOVED the white walker entrance. total bad ass. One of the best mania entrances I have ever seen! I FREAKED THE HECK OUT when he won because I was not expecting it. LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!! 

MUHHHHHHHHH Queen Charlotte showed she is absolutely capable of main eventing a mania and is one of the most important people in the company. MALE OR female. Her and asuka put on a dang show and tore the dang house down. That was the most important mania match ever for the womens division and they KIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLED IT!!! 

Yah as a BIG #DAYONEISH and Uso penitentiary guy this was by far my biggest let down of the night. Mania is the one ppv of the year where JUST GIVE THE AUDIENCE WHAT THEY WANT! I would of been fine with the New Day winning. Both the Usos and the New day are way more important to the company than the dang bludgeon brothers. All this build to this match was just fodder for a glorified squash match. Ridiculous. Vince will grow bored with the bludgeon brothers and they will drop the belts soon and the mania win for them at the expense of the new day and the Usos will be for nothing. AT THE LEAST it should of been a great match but they treated it on the card like the cool down bathroom break. SMH. I will never get over this. I was so hyped for the Usos to finally get their Mania moment.

I am pretty sure the fans really would of rioted if Daniel Bryan lost lol. That is not the match to swerve the fans. Sami and KO 2 of the best heels on the roster will no doubt get their revenge but I am just glad D bry got to get his feel good return story victory last night. He still has it and the fans still love him. 5-1 at mania now makes me feel really good for the former B plus player haha.

So over taker. SO OVER. Never was a taker guy and I think it is ridiculous they let a man win 21 in a row at mania when so many talented performers do not even get 1 mania moment. I always despised him for that. I think the gimmick is so overrated and the entrance is comical with how long it is haha. I cannot believe they let one of their golden boys get squashed like that. Are you kidding me? Not even a cena guy as a wrestler (love him as a actor!) but that made no sense.

Braun match was fun for what it was. Really love what they are doing with him. It works. He is going to be a huge star. The crowd is going to pop huge for him when he wins in one of the main matches next year.

I am not a nak nak or styles guy but MAN I was even looking forward to this match because I thought it had a chance to be match of the year candidate and it was not even a top 5 match or so on the night! WHAT WAS THAT?! are you serious? That was a total letdown. I can only imagine how fans of those 2 guys feel. Horrible underwhelming. 

Lol that was the reaction vince deserved for totally ignoring his fan base for the past 4 years. WE DO NOT WANT ROMAN!!!!! It is not even the adult fans anymore. Even the women and children are turning on him. Vince has sacrificed so many other talented guys pushes to feed them to roman and try his best to get him over with coronation after coronation. ALL the roman mania main events has sucked besides 31. And that was only saved because the rollins cash in. I hope raw can now stop being taken hostage by roman and vince and allow other guys to shine in the main event. AS FOR LESNAR UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so ready for a full timer to win the belt. Vince is spitting in our faces for having the belt on him this long and barely defending it throughout the year. Heck he barely shows up. IF wwe was smart they would of strapped that rocket on brauns back last night and had him win in a triple threat. Easily the biggest babyface they have in the company now. BUT NO they put him in a comedy gimmick match. THAT YES WAS FUN. But man the guy is a bonafide star and main eventer. I wish the old man knew and saw this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MATCHES OF THE FREAKING NIGHT were the 2 that opened the show!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!! Rollins looked like the got dang main event star he really is!!! LOVED the white walker entrance. total bad ass. One of the best mania entrances I have ever seen! I FREAKED THE HECK OUT when he won because I was not expecting it. LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!! 

MUHHHHHHHHH Queen Charlotte showed she is absolutely capable of main eventing a mania and is one of the most important people in the company. MALE OR female. Her and asuka put on a dang show and tore the dang house down. That was the most important mania match ever for the womens division and they KIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLED IT!!! 

Yah as a BIG #DAYONEISH and Uso penitentiary guy this was by far my biggest let down of the night. Mania is the one ppv of the year where JUST GIVE THE AUDIENCE WHAT THEY WANT! I would of been fine with the New Day winning. Both the Usos and the New day are way more important to the company than the dang bludgeon brothers. All this build to this match was just fodder for a glorified squash match. Ridiculous. Vince will grow bored with the bludgeon brothers and they will drop the belts soon and the mania win for them at the expense of the new day and the Usos will be for nothing. AT THE LEAST it should of been a great match but they treated it on the card like the cool down bathroom break. SMH. I will never get over this. I was so hyped for the Usos to finally get their Mania moment.

I am pretty sure the fans really would of rioted if Daniel Bryan lost lol. That is not the match to swerve the fans. Sami and KO 2 of the best heels on the roster will no doubt get their revenge but I am just glad D bry got to get his feel good return story victory last night. He still has it and the fans still love him. 5-1 at mania now makes me feel really good for the former B plus player haha.

So over taker. SO OVER. Never was a taker guy and I think it is ridiculous they let a man win 21 in a row at mania when so many talented performers do not even get 1 mania moment. I always despised him for that. I think the gimmick is so overrated and the entrance is comical with how long it is haha. I cannot believe they let one of their golden boys get squashed like that. Are you kidding me? Not even a cena guy as a wrestler (love him as a actor!) but that made no sense.

Braun match was fun for what it was. Really love what they are doing with him. It works. He is going to be a huge star. The crowd is going to pop huge for him when he wins in one of the main matches next year.

I am not a nak nak or styles guy but MAN I was even looking forward to this match because I thought it had a chance to be match of the year candidate and it was not even a top 5 match or so on the night! WHAT WAS THAT?! are you serious? That was a total letdown. I can only imagine how fans of those 2 guys feel. Horrible underwhelming. 

Lol that was the reaction vince deserved for totally ignoring his fan base for the past 4 years. WE DO NOT WANT ROMAN!!!!! It is not even the adult fans anymore. Even the women and children are turning on him. Vince has sacrificed so many other talented guys pushes to feed them to roman and try his best to get him over with coronation after coronation. ALL the roman mania main events has sucked besides 31. And that was only saved because the rollins cash in. I hope raw can now stop being taken hostage by roman and vince and allow other guys to shine in the main event. AS FOR LESNAR UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so ready for a full timer to win the belt. Vince is spitting in our faces for having the belt on him this long and barely defending it throughout the year. Heck he barely shows up. IF wwe was smart they would of strapped that rocket on brauns back last night and had him win in a triple threat. Easily the biggest babyface they have in the company now. BUT NO they put him in a comedy gimmick match. THAT YES WAS FUN. But man the guy is a bonafide star and main eventer. I wish the old man knew and saw this.

I like Charlotte and I usually pull for her to win but she's been champion already 5 times, 4 times as RAW women's champion and now she's the longest reigning Smackdown women's champion. I was hoping Asuka would win last night. This is what I despise about WWE's booking, they try to get you invested into a storyline or character and then they proceed to botch it and end up making months of booking meaningless. They let Asuka beat Nia Jax multiple times the last couple of months but they turn around and let Nia Jax win the RAW women's title at WrestleMania but have Asuka lose at WrestleMania. That's WWE booking logic for you!!!! 

As to the Undertaker, I partly agree with you about how Undertaker was used at WM 34. I'm not a fan of Cena but I didn't like how they let him get squashed. It was pointless. If they were going to have a match, let it feel like a WrestleMania match and go 20+ minutes. Instead they serve up a squash match that lasted less than 3 minutes.

As for you not liking Taker that's fine, but I think it's ridiculous to dislike Undertaker over his WrestleMania streak. I think Taker is one of the most respectable guys of his era, he never played politics backstage too much. As great as Undertaker's career has been how many times has he been the World Champion? Not that much considering he's been in WWE for 27 years. He's certainly no Cena or Hulk Hogan who tried to stay on top and be the champion all the time and bury guys that are more talented. That's how great and iconic Undertaker is. He doesn't even need the WWE title to legitimize him or make him a legend. Even though you dislike Undertaker please don't tell me you didn't like his matches with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25 or 26? Those matches were EPIC!

Roman Reigns is a joke. The guy makes a mockery of his spot in the company. He gets handed everything and pushed down people's throat's yet he still whines and complains(as a face, or at least that's how he's been pushed as) in promos about being disrespected. Even the Miz is more tolerable than Reigns at this point, and I've never liked the Miz. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a wrestling fan, did watch 97-99............Met Undertaker in early 90's when we were in charge of Paul Moody's mother's funeral...........seemed like a nice guy...........in Moody's post wrestling career worked about 6 miles apart in south MS. for several years......Moody ak Palbearer was extremley kind R.I.P.

 Also used to workout at Gold's Gym in Mobile,AL., when Scott Bolton owned, who at the time was still driving his 80's camaro he purchased with his signing bonus from the Packers....if I remember correctly........

Any who, Bob Holly would work out when in town...........always come in around the time I was finishing cardio.........Bob knew my father in law at the time really well..........We would spot for one another and chat..........I would never ask him about wrestling............didnt have too as he shared many stories.........Sable's firing comes to mind lol.

Bob either liked you or he didn't.....extremely tell it like it is kind of guy.......Bob was the only person I knew that lost 10lbs on camera lol.......At the time I was 6'5 240...........Bob was a beast in person......literally eat every 4 hours 24-6...........day 7 was cheat day.

Sorry if I hijacked just wanted to share?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I like Charlotte and I usually pull for her to win but she's been champion already 5 times, 4 times as RAW women's champion and now she's the longest reigning Smackdown women's champion. I was hoping Asuka would win last night. This is what I despise about WWE's booking, they try to get you invested into a storyline or character and then they proceed to botch it and end up making months of booking meaningless. They let Asuka beat Nia Jax multiple times the last couple of months but they turn around and let Nia Jax win the RAW women's title at WrestleMania but have Asuka lose at WrestleMania. That's WWE booking logic for you!!!! 

As to the Undertaker, I partly agree with you about how Undertaker was used at WM 34. I'm not a fan of Cena but I didn't like how they let him get squashed. It was pointless. If they were going to have a match, let it feel like a WrestleMania match and go 20+ minutes. Instead they serve up a squash match that lasted less than 3 minutes.

As for you not liking Taker that's fine, but I think it's ridiculous to dislike Undertaker over his WrestleMania streak. I think Taker is one of the most respectable guys of his era, he never played politics backstage too much. As great as Undertaker's career has been how many times has he been the World Champion? Not that much considering he's been in WWE for 27 years. He's certainly no Cena or Hulk Hogan who tried to stay on top and be the champion all the time and bury guys that are more talented. That's how great and iconic Undertaker is. He doesn't even need the WWE title to legitimize him or make him a legend. Even though you dislike Undertaker please don't tell me you didn't like his matches with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25 or 26? Those matches were EPIC!

Roman Reigns is a joke. The guy makes a mockery of his spot in the company. He gets handed everything and pushed down people's throat's yet he still whines and complains(as a face, or at least that's how he's been pushed as) in promos about being disrespected. Even the Miz is more tolerable than Reigns at this point, and I've never liked the Miz. lol

I get what they are doing with Charlotte. They are building their first true bonafide womens main eventer that is also a homegrown talent in Charlotte. Even Trish and Lita never got to main event a PPV like Charlotte has already done when she and sasha main evented hell in a cell a few years ago. They got to main event raw once and that was it. That is a shame after all they gave to the business and put womens wrestling on the map in the mainstream. Charlotte has already main evented multiple smackdowns and raws and will continue to do so. She imo is the biggest star on smackdown. It is so rare for a smackdown performer to go over a raw performer like that squeaky clean. Since everyone knows vince looks at smackdown as the B show and not equals.  I am a lot happier it was Charlotte who broke the streak and not Rousey which surely would of happened at summerslam or mania next year if it would of not been the Queen. Charlotte benefits way more from this than rousey would of. Rousey already is a crossover mainstream star. I am sick of part timers getting all these big rubs.

Lol come on YOU HAVE to see where I am coming from. It is ridiculous at the biggest event of the year in a company that is pre determined for 1 man to win 21 straight times. The fact that he was not world champ much is superceded by his record and legacy at mania that will never be touched.  I hated that. I loathed it. I think it is perfectly understandable for that to be the reason to not like him. All of that what you said about him is true but it does not overtake the negative feelings I have about the streak for me. O def those 2 matches brought the house down. The dude put on some iconic matches at mania and throughout his career. He was a great wrestler no denying that. I just am not a fan of the gimmick as well. I actually am in the huge minority who enjoyed the american bad ass gimmick A LOT. I thought ok this is awesome! He actually gets to be a exaggerated version of his real self and got to show some personality on the stick. 

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get what they are doing with Charlotte. They are building their first true bonafide womens main eventer that is also a homegrown talent in Charlotte. Even Trish and Lita never got to main event a PPV like Charlotte has already done when she and sasha main evented hell in a cell a few years ago. They got to main event raw once and that was it. That is a shame after all they gave to the business and put womens wrestling on the map in the mainstream. Charlotte has already main evented multiple smackdowns and raws and will continue to do so. She imo is the biggest star on smackdown. It is so rare for a smackdown performer to go over a raw performer like that squeaky clean. Since everyone knows vince looks at smackdown as the B show and not equals.  I am a lot happier it was Charlotte who broke the streak and not Rousey which surely would of happened at summerslam or mania next year if it would of not been the Queen. Charlotte benefits way more from this than rousey would of. Rousey already is a crossover mainstream star. I am sick of part timers getting all these big rubs.

Lol come on YOU HAVE to see where I am coming from. It is ridiculous at the biggest event of the year in a company that is pre determined for 1 man to win 21 straight times. The fact that he was not world champ much is superceded by his record and legacy at mania that will never be touched.  I hated that. I loathed it. I think it is perfectly understandable for that to be the reason to not like him. All of that what you said about him is true but it does not overtake the negative feelings I have about the streak for me. O def those 2 matches brought the house down. The dude put on some iconic matches at mania and throughout his career. He was a great wrestler no denying that. I just am not a fan of the gimmick as well. I actually am in the huge minority who enjoyed the american bad ass gimmick A LOT. I thought ok this is awesome! He actually gets to be a exaggerated version of his real self and got to show some personality on the stick. 

I don't disagree that Charlotte shouldn't have ended the streak, it was just the timing of it that I didn't like. They built Asuka up that much. Winning all those matches, winning the 1st ever 'official' women's Royal Rumble and what's the payoff? She loses to Charlotte for the Smackdown women's title at WreslteMania. It kinda hurts Asuka a little bit if you ask me. I hate that either one of them had to lose because I like them both and I think they're both the 2 best women wrestler's in WWE.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't disagree that Charlotte shouldn't have ended the streak, it was just the timing of it that I didn't like. They built Asuka up that much. Winning all those matches, winning the 1st ever 'official' women's Royal Rumble and what's the payoff? She loses to Charlotte for the Smackdown women's title at WreslteMania. It kinda hurts Asuka a little bit if you ask me. I hate that either one of them had to lose because I like them both and I think they're both the 2 best women wrestler's in WWE.

Enjoyed the back and forth with you tonight! A lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

As to the Undertaker, I partly agree with you about how Undertaker was used at WM 34. I'm not a fan of Cena but I didn't like how they let him get squashed. It was pointless. If they were going to have a match, let it feel like a WrestleMania match and go 20+ minutes. Instead they serve up a squash match that lasted less than 3 minutes.

Totally disagree here.  Thought this was the perfect way to use him if you're bringing UT back for a match this year.  Last year's match against Reigns showed he can't go 20 minutes anymore.  He's 53 with a lot of miles on those hips and knees.  Squashing Cena does nothing to hurt John.  He's been squashed before (see: Lesnar, Brock) and come out just fine because John already has 16 title reigns.  Cena will go away to Hollywood for a while now and when he shows back up, no one will care about the Undertaker squash.

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't disagree that Charlotte shouldn't have ended the streak, it was just the timing of it that I didn't like. They built Asuka up that much. Winning all those matches, winning the 1st ever 'official' women's Royal Rumble and what's the payoff? She loses to Charlotte for the Smackdown women's title at WreslteMania. It kinda hurts Asuka a little bit if you ask me. I hate that either one of them had to lose because I like them both and I think they're both the 2 best women wrestler's in WWE.

I'm not a fan of Charlotte breaking the streak, BUT the more I think about it, the more I like Asuka losing.  Her having that streak kind of hampers booking.  Now that she's lost, she becomes much more intriguing as a character and it opens up more possibilities.  Asuka can use the loss and go a crazy win streak, or better yet, turn heel.  Heel Asuka in NXT was amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Totally disagree here.  Thought this was the perfect way to use him if you're bringing UT back for a match this year.  Last year's match against Reigns showed he can't go 20 minutes anymore.  He's 53 with a lot of miles on those hips and knees.  Squashing Cena does nothing to hurt John.  He's been squashed before (see: Lesnar, Brock) and come out just fine because John already has 16 title reigns.  Cena will go away to Hollywood for a while now and when he shows back up, no one will care about the Undertaker squash.

I'm not a fan of Charlotte breaking the streak, BUT the more I think about it, the more I like Asuka losing.  Her having that streak kind of hampers booking.  Now that she's lost, she becomes much more intriguing as a character and it opens up more possibilities.  Asuka can use the loss and go a crazy win streak, or better yet, turn heel.  Heel Asuka in NXT was amazing.

Ok then, 10-15 minutes would have still been good enough. But a 3 minute squash match at WreslteMania is cheap. I'd be even more pissed if I shelled out money to actually go to the show to see possibly Undertaker's last match at WrestleMania and it was just a 3 minute squash match. The match was more about Cena than it was Undertaker and that's another reason I didn't like it. Cena was the one that called out the Undertaker for over a month and the Undertaker never made an appearance on RAW to answer. All the focus was on Cena wanting to face the Undertaker. It was a phoned in way to book the match. Undertaker didn't have to do anything except show up for 5 minutes, wrestle for less than 3 minutes, and then disappear again. 

And now tonight on Smackdown, Asuka's streak being over and Charlotte winning at WrestleMania are made pointless by Carmella cashing in her Money in the Bank briefcase and beating Charlotte for the Smackdown women's champion. 

Gotta love WWE booking. <_<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Ok then, 10-15 minutes would have still been good enough. But a 3 minute squash match at WreslteMania is cheap. I'd be even more pissed if I shelled out money to actually go to the show to see possibly Undertaker's last match at WrestleMania and it was just a 3 minute squash match. The match was more about Cena than it was Undertaker and that's another reason I didn't like it. Cena was the one that called out the Undertaker for over a month and the Undertaker never made an appearance on RAW to answer. All the focus was on Cena wanting to face the Undertaker. It was a phoned in way to book the match. Undertaker didn't have to do anything except show up for 5 minutes, wrestle for less than 3 minutes, and then disappear again. 

And now tonight on Smackdown, Asuka's streak being over and Charlotte winning at WrestleMania are made pointless by Carmella cashing in her Money in the Bank briefcase and beating Charlotte for the Smackdown women's champion. 

Gotta love WWE booking. <_<

Well short matches have happened at every Mania ever.  The Brock/Goldberg match last year was 5 minutes.  Taker can't go 15 minutes anymore.  But no one wanted to see him go out looking like a broken shell of himself like last year, so come back, play the hits, and give the crowd a thrill.  Cena loses nothing and people get a Taker moment.

As for tonight, they may move Charlotte to Raw.  Carmella HAD to win to make the first Women's MITB match winner important (like Edge).  Also, you get the Iconic Duo now, and more Peyton Royce on my TV is a great thing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yah Charlotte is def going to raw I bet. Vince wants his biggest full time womens star on raw. Only reason she lost the belt. She was protected during it so no biggie for Charlotte. Vince is so selfish. He always screws over smackdown in these swaps. If vince would even it out more then maybe WWE would not have to go back to all dual brand PPV's. I am going to miss the raw and smackdown specific ppvs. 

Edited by GwillMac6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well short matches have happened at every Mania ever.  The Brock/Goldberg match last year was 5 minutes.  Taker can't go 15 minutes anymore.  But no one wanted to see him go out looking like a broken shell of himself like last year, so come back, play the hits, and give the crowd a thrill.  Cena loses nothing and people get a Taker moment.

As for tonight, they may move Charlotte to Raw.  Carmella HAD to win to make the first Women's MITB match winner important (like Edge).  Also, you get the Iconic Duo now, and more Peyton Royce on my TV is a great thing!

I for one never ever want to see goldberg wrestle longer than a 5 minute match lol. He is truly a awful wrestler. Mania 20 with him and lesnar is one of the worst marquee matches in mania history. And not just because the fans crapped on it because of the circumstances surrounding it. It was just a truly awful match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah Charlotte is def going to raw I bet. Vince wants his biggest full time womens star on raw. Only reason she lost the belt. She was protected during it so no biggie for Charlotte. Vince is so selfish. He always screws over smackdown in these swaps. If vince would even it out more then maybe WWE would not have to go back to all dual brand PPV's. I am going to miss the raw and smackdown specific ppvs. 

I'm not convinced Charlotte is going to Raw.  Keeping her and Rousey apart for a while is important if you want to build to next year's expected Mania match.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not convinced Charlotte is going to Raw.  Keeping her and Rousey apart for a while is important if you want to build to next year's expected Mania match.

It is pretty easy to keep them 2 apart when rousey will basically be a glorified part timer. Not as absent as lesnar but still not a full timer. Hey mr brad I hope you are right!!!! Charlotte is the FACE of smackdown to me. Going to RAW would mean that would not be the case anymore. She would always come at least second fiddle to Vinces main pet project roman.............. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, Charlotte loses the title on Smackdown on another Money in the Bank steal. WWE is at least wanting us to assume she is heading to Raw. The path seems to have been paved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Smackdown already won the Superstar Shakeup.  No more Jinder and they gained Miz for a Miz/Bryan feud!  Also fully expecting Jeff Hardy to show up tonight on Smackdown bringing the US Title with him and to separate him from the Woken Universe.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well Smackdown already won the Superstar Shakeup.  No more Jinder and they gained Miz for a Miz/Bryan feud!  Also fully expecting Jeff Hardy to show up tonight on Smackdown bringing the US Title with him and to separate him from the Woken Universe.

I WAS SOOOOOOOO excited when I saw Jinder show up on raw I was like FINAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY Rollins can go to smackdown. AND THEN of coooooooooourse jeff hardy had to beat him and I was so bummed because it most likely meant that he would just go to smackdown instead. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! lol. Got my hopes up for nothing.. BUT YES!!!!!! miz vs Dbry is the long term storyline payoff we deserve bay bay!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! The Smackdown Live womens division is L O A D E D to the brim. SO many fun potential matchups. I AM SO EXCITED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP to the longest reigning WWE champion.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

RIP to the longest reigning WWE champion.

82, wow. He beat the odds, some might say. RIP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now