2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just witnessed something that helps duke stay on top....terrible call against SDSU on a normal basketball play....if the roles were reversed they would not have called it against duke....awful call

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i just witnessed something that helps duke stay on top....terrible call against SDSU on a normal basketball play....if the roles were reversed they would not have called it against duke....awful call

The incident under the bucket where the Duke guy came down on a posting up Aztec player? Yeah - that seemed... questionable - and on a play where Duke had missed and SDSU could've potentially cut it to under 10, if I recall.

yeah, that was a BS call....the SDSU guy did not move after he bodied the duke guy up and moved him under the basket....the duke guy didn't jump until the SDSU dude had stopped all movement....ridiculous call

Chuma has to be more aggressive offensively. He can absolutely make Duke’s bigs uncomfortable as a stretch player. Bruce said in the off-season that Chuma taking a bigger role was essential for us, and he was right. Aggressive Chuma makes us a different team. Similar thing for Wiley. He needs to be smart but aggressive offensively. He can make plays and draw fouls inside. 

Auburn will be the #8 team taking on #1 Duke in one of the most anticipated games of the entire season in college basketball. Win or lose tomorrow, this team is relevant in college basketball, and it’s dang fun 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wonder what's our go to play to attack Zion? I dont think Horace or Anfernee are optimal matchups at the 4 offensively but Chuma....thats very interesting 

i watched duke today and we just don't matchup with them anywhere to be honest

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Auburn will be the #8 team taking on #1 Duke in one of the most anticipated games of the entire season in college basketball. Win or lose tomorrow, this team is relevant in college basketball, and it’s dang fun 

yes, i had a blast today trying to have a coronary and nervous breakdown at the same time.....i did not breathe during overtime,lol

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i watched duke today and we just don't matchup with them anywhere to be honest

No, I dont think we do either, but its worth starting a discourse just in case we do somehow beat them. You dont want the threads to look like a bunch of fellas that never believed in what has been a good team to this point. Its easier to believe in a good team upsetting a great one a bad one beating a good one IMO. Difference between this and say Auburn vs UGA in football 

Its a mentality I abhor, but if they can just keep it close till the last 4 minutes or say, I cant really be too damn mad. Those rims arent gonna get any better, the humidity on the floor is horrendous, Duke's gonna make the margin of fouls from today look like child's play, and we're gonna be heavily disrespected. But these are the conditions this team seeks out, and I hope they can answer

Duke sure looked good tonight.  We'll need a big shooting night to beat them.  But I think we can do it.

This is a dream game for me. Duke is my second favorite team but I there are no mixed emotions at all. For Auburn to beat these guys would be huge and what a statement it would be. Can't wait. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

This is a dream game for me. Duke is my second favorite team but I there are no mixed emotions at all. For Auburn to beat these guys would be huge and what a statement it would be. Can't wait. 

Considering it may be the only blemish on that record, Auburn would definitely be stated over and over again as giving them that loss (or both losses 😉)

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No, I dont think we do either, but its worth starting a discourse just in case we do somehow beat them. You dont want the threads to look like a bunch of fellas that never believed in what has been a good team to this point. Its easier to believe in a good team upsetting a great one a bad one beating a good one IMO. Difference between this and say Auburn vs UGA in football 

We need to hit our open shots.  Duke's young players tend to be a bit out of control, if we can get some charges and slow down penetration we have a chance.  Bigs need to go up strong.  Can't have the same ticky tack refs as yesterday or both teams will run out of players with their styles

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Can't have the same ticky tack refs as yesterday

those refs were not that bad, they were just a bit inconsistent on their inside the paint calls....it looked worse than it was because we had so many "reach fouls" due to being lazy on the block out positioning.....that won't get it tonight

Archived