Movies

AUBwins

On 10/25/2021 at 7:56 AM, McLoofus said:

15. Oof

16. Good movie, but man that one scene with the kid was unexpected and absolutely brutal. 

22. Amazing, amazing movie.

24. Oustanding

Will you do a top 5 for us at the end of the month? Always appreciate your horror recs.

Forgot to finish the list:

25. The Shining

26. Hocus Pocus

27.Triangle 👎

28. The Final 👎

29. Cabin Fever 

30. The Houses October Built

31. Trick R Treat

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I saw Home Alone in theaters on Christmas Eve 1990 when I was 6, almost 7. 

Tonight I discovered that I have one of the exact same toys that Buzz had (after Kevin crashes Buzz’s shelves). 

A) I’ve literally been watching this movie every year for 30 years.

2) I’m just now noticing this.

D) I’ve had this stupid little rubber puppet for over 30 years.

mpMfY1v.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Nightmare Alley last night and really enjoyed it. Full disclosure, I'm a del Toro fanboy but, like Shape of Water, this is a movie lover's movie. It's big cinema meant to be enjoyed in the theater. Some might find the pacing slow and if you hate noir then you won't love this, but I thought the story, acting and especially visual aspects of it were amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the new Scream. More interesting meta commentaryabout fan culture, Hollywood, franchise films, IP, etc. But I didn't love the movie. 

Neve Campbell looks fantastic.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Neve Campbell looks fantastic.

She was always one of my childhood crushes.  She's just so mysteriously beautiful. She brings some scary baggage though lol

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 8:50 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

So I saw Home Alone in theaters on Christmas Eve 1990 when I was 6, almost 7. 

Tonight I discovered that I have one of the exact same toys that Buzz had (after Kevin crashes Buzz’s shelves). 

A) I’ve literally been watching this movie every year for 30 years.

2) I’m just now noticing this.

D) I’ve had this stupid little rubber puppet for over 30 years.

mpMfY1v.jpg

That's hilarious.  I remember those little goblins.  We may have had one at one time as well but don't remember what it comes from. 

On 1/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, alexava said:

Just watched Greater. Good movie about Arkansas football player in the 90s. Not new movie but I somehow missed it..

Thought it was a very good movie. Saw it back in the fall. Tons of movies to watch with our set up  and seems most are trash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Finally a real trailer.  Can't wait.  Love the whole series.  Excited that the original trio is finishing their story to go along with the newer cast. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Haven't been able to bring myself to watch that one again. Most nerve wracking movie I've ever seen.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting to work in earnest on the Oscar noms.

As I said before, loved Nightmare Alley

Highly recommend Belfast. Hard for me to articulate what sets it apart. Just a very unique tone and a really good look inside The Troubles, which we all know about but might not really know much about.

Halfway through West Side Story. (Mrs. Loof fell asleep.)  I'm not a fan of musicals- like, at all- but really enjoying this take on that story so far. Spielberg did an amazing job of updating it without losing any of its sense of time and place. 

Power of the Dog is a slow burn and not what you think it is. I've seen it twice and picked up a lot more the 2nd time. Not a "fun", popcorn movie but very, very good and I won't be surprised if it wins Best Picture.

All four movies are just really great to look at. Incredible cinematography.

King Richard was okay. It's a certain type of movie that I enjoy watching because of the story but it's not great filmmaking IMO.

REALLY looking forward to Dune and Licorice Pizza. Not sure about Don't Look Up. Don't know anything about CODA or Drive My Car.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nightmare Alley put me to sleep. Trailer and the actual product didn’t align. 

I never watched the trailer. 

It definitely takes its time getting going. And I doubt it translates as well to the small screen as a lot of movies. I made sure to see that one in the theatre. I always try to see del Toro's movies in the theatre.