***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

I’ve got no reason to think cole’s anti-Gus sentiments are race related. He just seems to hate Gus like some people hate the president. Nothing to do with race at all. 

Please show any posts of my Gus hate. Any anti Gus talk. I'm trying to see something

1 hour ago, TeBoneAU said:

I really excited and loved what I seen from RD on punt returns!!! It has been a long time since AU had a legit punt returner....I would be shocked if he doesn't take a couple to the house barring a injury

He is an excellent returner, and has all world potential but is anyone else worried about him getting injured on special teams? Seems like he is too important to our offense to allow him to get hurt in punt returns. 

27 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

54 yarders are “easy” now, or am I missing something?

You are clearly missing the missed 33 yarder... 

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It may have already been brought up, but the targeting penalty against UW that was overturned was a gutless pathetic reversal that should have not been overturned and allowed to stand. The UW player almost took our player's head off. The announcers were even more pathetic when they went to bat for UW right off of the bat saying that it should have been overturned.. I have seen some plays today on different games where the team(s) were called for targeting on far less substantial grounds.

Those announcers were the absolute worst. I had to turn it off and just listen to the radio broadcast. I couldn't take those guys. They sure seemed biased. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Their DL was legit. I don't know how much of the OL performance was based on poor execution by us or great execution by them.  Probably some combination of the two, but in the end, we need more and better from the OL. 

I also think the run calls put unnecessary stress on the O.  We were not very balanced with that aspect.

I am sooo tired of the 1st down run right up the middle. Horrible play and uses a down.

Passing game was working well at times. We need to open it up. Quit with the long developing routes. Take a few deeps shots to the speedy WR's to keep the D honest, but don't send everyone deep on the same play. More Shivers, and less Wildcat.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Please show any posts of my Gus hate. Any anti Gus talk. I'm trying to see something

Relax dude. I’m on your side here. I said you’re NOT racist. This is between you and corchjay. Like Bigbird said. Y’all take it to PMs. War eagle. 

21 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think you need to take a deeper and more thorough look with assessing UW. They are on par with any of the top SEC teams and will be proven as the season progresses. It would not surprise me at all if UW winds up 10-2 or maybe 11-1 at seasons end. We played a team that easily could go toe to toe with bammer & Uga.

You’re right. UW very good and they probably will have that kind of record in PAC12. AU is very good. But the ‘Gus bashers’ on here realize that Nick Saban has set the bar so high in college football that ‘very good’ dont cut it if you wanna compete for championships. And if you’re happy without that, that’s fine. I still love the AU Tigers. Just sucks as an AU fan that this man who has set the bar so high just happens to coach for your in state and fiercest rival. 

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

This x 1000.

The receivers made insane catches.  Our coverage, although many will disagree, was very tight.  J.Davis' DPI was really the only missed coverage. Even then he was able to recover and somewhat get in position. He made the right play trying for the Flag.

Bird, this is your expertise; that said I sure wish our db’s would turn their heads to find the ball at some point. I played dB and it frustrates me to no end we don’t look to the ball.

I don't see how anyone could complain about Gus in this game. The only play I thought was remotely bone headed was the first 2 point conversion. 

Coaching in this game seemed top notch. The offense disappeared for a while, but the was on execution and not coaching. 

Now I've always thought DBs should turn and face the ball when the WR is going for the catch, but @bigbird made me understand when you play man like we do, that's the easiest way to get beat. I refer to his knowledge on that subject, so even that isn't something to complain about...

I'm confused as to why anyone would have anything negative to say about Gus other than questioning that first 2 point conversion... 

great hard fought win overcoming mistakes.

The media is already diminishing the win however. 

Guess you have to beat unranked teams by 5 tds for it to be a great win

I agree that Washington has a very good front 7, but it almost seemed like they knew exactly where the run plays were going.  They keyed on stopping the run. There had to have been more opportunities in the passing game.

3 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Relax dude. I’m on your side here. I said you’re NOT racist. This is between you and corchjay. Like Bigbird said. Y’all take it to PMs. War eagle. 

I am relaxing. I don't care about him, he's an idiot but you're saying things that aren't true. Im sort of trying to help you see you're making stuff up. And bro don't do that, you can't tell anybody what to do

"The only play I thought was remotely bone headed was the first 2 point conversion." That was bone headed.

Also, we completely botched the drive right before the half. We should have chucked it deep at least once. 

What a game. Looks like I was 100% accurate as usual.

OLB Benning Potoa'e 275lbs spent more time in coverage then pass rushing.

We dropped 8 all day. Still nothing in the run game.

First team to 10 won the game, have some faith in defense eagle boys.

Soft Auburn DBs got harrassed by our big play WR.

As usual Jake Browning does whatever it takes to win the game, until he actual has to win the game.

Was a exciting game even with the sloppiness. Congrats on the win and coming out ready to play for the first drive of the game. 

Hopefully it will be just as good when we meet again in January. Be warned no one beats Pete twice in the same season.

56 minutes ago, corchjay said:

He will never be happy until we hire a “”Croom” type coach... his bias (racism) has and always will be obvious. This goes back years.  

Seriously?

What a asshat - and revealing - thing to say.  :no:

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What would you guys give qb play today? I'd give qb a  B-

hb gets a B

Cox gets an A- 

o line B-

wr's get an A-

QB: B-?   26-36 273 1 td. 145.1 Qb rating. 11 caries 23 yards. I give that a solid A 

This is a first game of the year against a very good team. Some of what we saw today was because Washington was a really good team and some was because it was first game with basically the first time this O-line has played together.  Penn State almost losses to Appalachia State, Michigan State almost losses to Utah State. Michigan is looking pretty weak against Notre Dame. 

So winning the first game against a quality opponent is a good win. I like our win a lot more that Penn State and Michigan State wins.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

What a asshat - and revealing - thing to say.  :no:

Yep a crappy thing to say about someone but true.  I just call balls and strikes as I see them 

Archived