AU/LSU 2:30 CBS

ShocksMyBrain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think it’s been set.  Would have liked a night game for the fans

Thanks and agreed. Can ESPN “exercise their option” and take it back should they decide to make it the Gameday location? 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Thanks and agreed. Can ESPN “exercise their option” and take it back should they decide to make it the Gameday location? 

That I don’t know.  I would expect it stays CBS 230.  Who knows maybe it works out for us.  Go high tempo and wear out their depth.  Or just out execute them and play to our defense and special teams using the home crowd.  

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

CBS gets first pick. Only way ESPN would get it is if CBS decided they no longer would want the game, which would absolutely not happen. 

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

That I don’t know.  I would expect it stays CBS 230.  Who knows maybe it works out for us.  Go high tempo and wear out their depth.  Or just out execute them and play to our defense and special teams using the home crowd.  

No. CBS has first option on marquee SEC matchup limited only by individual school appearances per season.

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Should be a heck of a game!  Another defensive struggle.  

Kevin Steele >>>>>> Steve Ensminger 

Dave Aranda >>>>>> Chip Lindsey

Rosier completed just over 40% of his passes vs LSU. With Stidham’s accuracy, I dont believe that D will be quite as effective. Especially if we can bring an improved running game. WDE!!!

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Should be a heck of a game!  Another defensive struggle.  

Kevin Steele >>>>>> Steve Ensminger 

Dave Aranda >>>>>> Chip Lindsey

Calling that a wash, we still got the better QB. :thumbsup:

Just checked the stat line for LSU. It was abysmal, and makes the Canes performance look even worse.

LSU Total offense:          296 total yards

Passing:                            11/24  140 yards  5.8 yds per completion

Rushing:                           41/156  3.8 ypc

3d Down Conversions:  3/16

Our defense should feast. 

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just checked the stat line for LSU. It was abysmal, and makes the Canes performance look even worse.

Their defense, lswho, was lights out though when I was watching!

Just hope we can tighten up the o-line by the time we play this one. 

52 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Take out their one big play 50 yard run and they are 40/106  2.65 ypc.

They seem like the same team as last year to me. Solid defensively, but won't be able to keep up when they play a team with a better offense that doesn't give them free and easy points.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Their defense, lswho, was lights out though when I was watching!

They are good no doubt.  Have been for a long time. But the Miami QB is not accurate at all. I think we will be able to move the ball on them. 

lsu  feasted on a weak o-line from miami. i think our o-line is better but we got another game to get things fixed up. lol i would have bet the farm on miami before the game. i think the offense rises. i just feel the need to see lsu spanked real good for the record. i sure wish it would happen.

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Looks like CBS, 2:30 kickoff at home. Or has this always been known?

pPQmkwf.jpg

It has been known.  There was a thread on it a while back.  I remember saying at the time that I was happy we are doing it at that time.  The reason why is LSU athletics has never been reasonable when Auburn comes to town.  They always make sure we are on whatever side the sun will bear down on.  And they never let us bring our cooled benches that our DL uses.  This cause our players to cramp up every time we play.  Now it is time for some payback.  I want them to know how it feels. 

Looks like LSU could be down a starting O-lineman and LB. They're pretty thin at several positions so we should be able to wear them down. 

I think we will see a vastly improved offense and a defense that will make life miserable for the LSU QB.  I think Miami will go 6-6 or thereabouts this season and will get a serious spank-down by Clemson along with other ACC loses. I think LSU is not that good of a team still and will see this come to fruition by season's end.  I think our team will vividly remember last year's loss and will avenge it in fine fashion. 

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

If you would have shown me these stats without knowing the score, I would have said that LSU lost the game. Our defense will be more than ready for this game.

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think we will see a vastly improved offense and a defense that will make life miserable for the LSU QB.  I think Miami will go 6-6 or thereabouts this season and will get a serious spank-down by Clemson along with other ACC loses. I think LSU is not that good of a team still and will see this come to fruition by season's end.  I think our team will vividly remember last year's loss and will avenge it in fine fashion. 

They don't play Clemson.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

They don't play Clemson.

They are lucky they do not. have to play them. I hope our guys unload on LSU is a bad way for sure!

12 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Looks like LSU will be without their starting RT and their best pass rusher for the Auburn game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24577006/lsu-linebacker-klavon-chaisson-season

Had a feeling Chaisson blew his knee out when I saw it. Hate it for him. 

Archived