Auburn 63 ASU 9 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

3 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Anyone else slightly nervous about how lean he is? I mean I know they would have to catch him, but still....

The fact that Hastings was able to knock him down so easily. ..

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall a good game. We started a little slow but that was to be expected after such a big game last weekend. I think many of those turnovers will not happen once the freshman hit the weight room and pack on some muscle. 

Really fun game to watch and exactly what we need out of playing a team like al st. Loved seeing all the freshmen play. The new redshirt rules were so badly needed. This will do wonders for these young guys down the road. Lots of things to be happy about. Shivers does look like the real deal at RB. Curious to see how he does against bigger Ds but man you can’t deny the skill and just determination to not go down. You can’t teach that. Daniel made some great plays on the ball. Britt looked to be flying around out there. Sherwood looks to have great ball skills. Beautiful watching him track the ball on his interception. Played that perfectly. Cord also looks like he can still play a little football (thank goodness)

Not good things would be sloppy first quarter, ball security, kick return for TD, and Willis looking to have regressed so much. Some one needs to sit him down for a long talk. He has got to slow down and not try to make every play himself. Right now he is a liability and just can’t have that at QB. I do like that the coaches choose to kick short for must of the game so they could work in kick coverage. Hopefully Carlson can put most through the back of the end zone. 

On to LSU! Will be at the game and really excited to see the plains rocking! Crowd looked good early. Can’t blame folks for leaving early on a blow out with such a late start

12 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Loved seeing everybody play!  (I was shocked to see Will out there!) And Stove

Worm, Schwartz, and several TFR defenders were very encouraging.   Check.

Sandberg > Willis.  Check.

Several frustrating mistakes (mental errors)   Check.

OL looked better.  It WAS Alabama St.

Our DL is like 4 deep!  They were all in the ALSt. backfield all night!  Check.

No injuries that I’m aware of.  Driscoll, Horton, D Williams all left game with I juries.   

It was a good day to be an Auburn Tiger!!!  Check.

Anybody but me shocked and thrilled to see Hastings, Newark, and Stove already playing after the injuries they had? Modern medicine and rehab-....amazing....

11 hours ago, Coltonspain24 said:

A few extra sprints should clean up those fumbles we had. Willis is definitely trying to do too much on his own and I’m a huge Cord fan so glad to see him showing out. The receivers are a bright spot just hope the play calling allows them to really excel! Got a good feeling about next weekend!! Gus knows he needs this win to redeem himself 1/3 of the way.

P.S. No surprise but I love Shivers!! And Boobie if he can just get a little more experience he’s gonna be a monster. 

Sprints? We used to have to run through 4 or 5 of our hardest hitters and not fumble...not an enjoyable drill.

Sprints. Lol! No wonder we keep fumbling if that's the case.

Just now, fredst said:

Anybody but me shocked and thrilled to see Hastings, Newark, and Stove already playing after the injuries they had? Modern medicine and rehab-....amazing....

Mostly agressive rehab by the players IYAM.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Having the best knee surgeon in the country on medical staff helps a bit too. 

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/09/us/auburn-alabama-shooting/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

"A shooting across the street from Auburn University's campus early Sunday killed one person and wounded four others, three of them teens, in an incident that does not appear random, police in the southeast Alabama city said.
The shooting happened hours after students had celebrated a win over Alabama State's football team Saturday evening..."

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

I really think it would be best if Cord could be the man next year and Bo could redshirt. I was in the Willis corner before last night but what I saw between them wasn't even close. Of course that would mean Gatewood would be backup and Bo could play in 4 games. 

I was having off and on issues picking up the Auburn Network broadcast last night.  Did I miss Gatewood playing?  QB's were Stidham, Willis, Cord and Adams.  Is that correct?  

1 minute ago, saminbama said:

I was having off and on issues picking up the Auburn Network broadcast last night.  Did I miss Gatewood playing?  QB's were Stidham, Willis, Cord and Adams.  Is that correct?  

Gatewood is hurt, unfortunately.

~~~NOT COMPLAINING ~~~ I just wanted to say I don’t think I have ever seen since Gus has had anything to do with football that I have ever seen so many people get playing time even against a smaller team. I am glad for that, maybe it is a new day for Auburn football and Gus. WDE

1 hour ago, fredst said:

YES!

I was amazed they played.  Gobsmacked even.

22 minutes ago, WDE427 said:

~~~NOT COMPLAINING ~~~ I just wanted to say I don’t think I have ever seen since Gus has had anything to do with football that I have ever seen so many people get playing time even against a smaller team. I am glad for that, maybe it is a new day for Auburn football and Gus. WDE

The new red shirt rule probably has a lot to do with that.

1. Schwartz is the deep/sweep man and man is he electric. Hill had a great run just tried too hard.

2.Need to see Cord throw it some more but I think he’s our next best option after Stid, or Joey.

3. We are spoiled at running back. They’re still developing but Kam, Boobee, Shiv, Asa, Malik M, and Joiner are all studs in their own ways.

4. Kind of disappointing only 2 receivers caught passes.

5. Britt, Tutt, Peters, Sherwood, Smoke, and a lot of other defensive frosh looked good.

6. Seeing Hastings out there made my day lol

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1. Schwartz is the deep/sweep man and man is he electric. Hill had a great run just tried too hard.

2.Need to see Cord throw it some more but I think he’s our next best option after Stid, or Joey.

3. We are spoiled at running back. They’re still developing but Kam, Boobee, Shiv, Asa, Malik M, and Joiner are all studs in their own ways.

4. Kind of disappointing only 2 receivers caught passes.

5. Britt, Tutt, Peters, Sherwood, Smoke, and a lot of other defensive frosh looked good.

6. Seeing Hastings out there made my day lol

I wonder if that was a strategy move for the LSU game. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I wonder if that was a strategy move for the LSU game. 

Might be, it's hard to plan when all we did was vanilla run plays.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

The fact that Hastings was able to knock him down so easily. ..

That was hilarious 

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Thanks. Tell @bigbird I’ll take these with chocolate chips, served warm with a cup of coffee.....

Cookie_Monster_Cookie_Card_600x.jpg?v=15

You can have them with deez

18 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah, the jury is still out bc Gus won't let them pass the damn ball downfield. Nevertheless, Malik has definitely regressed, and Cord has the wheels pointed in the right direction. 

Here's to you @Scotty2Hotty :cheers:

Thanks. I truly feel he is our next captain. But I won’t mind if Nix beats him out. 

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/09/us/auburn-alabama-shooting/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

"A shooting across the street from Auburn University's campus early Sunday killed one person and wounded four others, three of them teens, in an incident that does not appear random, police in the southeast Alabama city said.
The shooting happened hours after students had celebrated a win over Alabama State's football team Saturday evening..."

This is terrible! Any new news? What are a 16 and 17 year old doing out at 2:30 am? 

Archived