Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

9 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Get out the big checkbook and call Bob Stoops.

If Stoops would even consider it our PTB would have to give him full control of the program...you think they are ready to do that yet?  

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Even in the East, Stoops is clearly a better coach than Gus. Yes, the East isn't as strong but most except for Tenn are improving. Florida still has issues on offense but they're finding ways to win close games; unlike us. Champ is improving South Carolina. At the moment, i don't see who we'd for sure beat in the East right now so I'd take Stoops in a heartbeat. Winning at a school like Kentucky is big...similar to how Franklin won at Vandy. We can't be scared to take a leap if we're tired of the same ol with Gus. 

Good points and hey Im not necessarily disagreeing.  Right now I think one of our local middle school coaches could do a better job.  

Based on our play, I think TAM, GA, and AL games will all be at 11 am on the SEC network.  They might even consider putting them at 9 am.

I hate to see us go away from the play selections that get us to 1st and Goal- EVERY TIME!  If we don’t score from 20 + yards out, it’s FG time and that’s not a gimme at this point!  

Defense was flat out gassed - they didn’t play well but some of their ineffectiveness is on the offenses inability to control the ball/clock.

New to the forum - War Eagle!  

Dear Parents, I see your kids were up late last night past their bedtime.😀

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

See stuff like this. Just talk saying random stuff. Horrible. If you don't agree with him/her it's hate 😆. No you just don't know what you try to talk about. A troll without the talent to troll

Talent?

Since you’re so intelligent,  I mean since you know more than people like Stat-tiger, Coach-Jay, Mikey, WDE, Gus Malzone, myself and everyone else you argue with on the board, I have a serious question for you. According to you...most of our coaching staff is completely inept, according to just about everyone on the board, including myself, we are being robbed by SEC officials to include the replay officials in Birmingham.

So with all that said, and I could list more problems, what is our Athletic Director doing about it?

I mean, what do you recommend he does? 

Again, I ask that, because you simply reek of intelligence and comprehension!

Here is the problem with most folks thinking on hiring a coach. They think we got to go throw a lot of money at some great coach. Auburn can bring in recruits no matter who coaches it. We need to look for someone with fire in his gut. Every coach we have hired lately came in and had a great year . Problem was no of them he’d a winning personality. They all wanted to have a good year then rest on their accomplishment. I can tell you I didn’t even know the name Joe Roberts before he came to MSU but he will be a good coach. He can only go so far at MSU. Mullen’s will go far at Florida because he has the drive. Gus is and has always been about showing how smart he thinks he is with his silly offense. It worked a little till folks caught on now he is lost.  Like Double B said if he had coached in Georgia or Alabama or Florida his gimmick offense would have been crushed. I hope next time we go find someone who likes winning every time . And for goodness sake dispense with the buyouts. If a coach wants to leave then I will be the first to show him the door. 

I wonder if anyone has graphed Malzahn's success at Auburn over the years, along with the experience level of the OL.  It seems our offense is successful with a upperclassmen-laden OL with lots of experience, and completely falls apart without it. 

Perhaps it isn't that cut and dried, but it feels that way to me. 

Let me ask a few questions. If the defense is consistently sending blitzers up the middle, wouldn’t it be great to have a play where a WR/TE would run an drag route or a in route towards where the sent the blitz? Why didn’t the OL coach slide the protectionor send help to the side that was getting killed all night? 

No way JS is NFL ready. He can’t handle a college blitz without looking scared like a gazelle in a lion cage,the next level will kill chew him up and spit him out. I personally think he’s playing injured or mentally impaired. Look back at the way the ball spirals in game 1 and take a look at how it looked against MSU. It’s actually time that we start to look at MW to see if we can expound on the read option which gives us the biggest opportunity to win. 

I wish somebody could explain something to me. It seemed like yesterday almost every run play that went outside the tackles got good pickups yet even after a nice gain we would not run the same play again. The difference is when Miss St found a play that worked they ran it again and again and again until we stopped it multiple times. I am a great believer is doing it over and over until they stop it Gus believes if it works we must avoid doing it again and instead replace it with a gimmick play.

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I would also add that we lost to a team that basically ran three plays last night.   Think about that.    For those that say CKS is great.   

Why weren’t we better prepared and disciplined in our approach.   Constantly saw a bunch of players diving for arm tackles and not able to bring them down.   This was how we played pre-Muschamp

8 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

If Stoops would even consider it our PTB would have to give him full control of the program...you think they are ready to do that yet?  

Probably not I’m afraid. It’s shame. Our betters know better apparently. 

10 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

It's become habitual.....those boatloads of missed opportunities. 

The only improvement tonight was penalties. 

The only reason for penalties is because those refs were not calling anything last night 

10 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I didn't feel this bad from 75-80 with Barfield

I'm with you but lets not get carried away. Barfield was really bad, he was just before Dye and we didn't know how good it could be. Gus is Barfield 2.0 if you ask me and the sooner he is gone the better off we will be.

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Talent?

Since you’re so intelligent,  I mean since you know more than people like Stat-tiger, Coach-Jay, Mikey, WDE, Gus Malzone, myself and everyone else you argue with on the board, I have a serious question for you. According to you...most of our coaching staff is completely inept, according to just about everyone on the board, including myself, we are being robbed by SEC officials to include the replay officials in Birmingham.

So with all that said, and I could list more problems, what is our Athletic Director doing about it?

I mean, what do you recommend he does? 

Again, I ask that, because you simply reek of intelligence and comprehension!

When did I ever say I know more than stat? Why do you lie so much??? I don't ever argue with wde we 9/10 going to agree. The Gus part is just stupid....I guess 90% of this board is saying they know more than him right now so go run and ask everybody that and let's see how it gets you. The other people that you mentioned...yeah I'd say I know more or at the very least as much......then there's you.....you shouldn't include yourself in that list.

Have you noticed that NOBODY ever asks your opinion on anything? You don't ever offer up anything but the refs cheated us, or you're arguing with somebody because they criticized a coach. That's it. You literally DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE besides that. And then you have the nerves to try to insult a person's intelligence.....😂. I think there's a disconnect as far as how you are viewed as opposed to how you THINK you are viewed on this board. 

Here's a project for you, start proving what you say is true. Example you just wrote according to me, most of our coaching staff is completely inept.....could you show ANYTHING supporting that or are you just a liar? Have a good day sir/ma'am

2 hours ago, lala said:

Why weren’t we better prepared and disciplined in our approach.   Constantly saw a bunch of players diving for arm tackles and not able to bring them down.   This was how we played pre-Muschamp

I think everybody needs to lay off the defense. I’m surprised they’ve stayed motivated this long. If it were possible, I’d fire Gus today and give it to Steele. That’s how much confidence I have in him. Definitely wouldn’t be any worse! At least he had FIRE

47 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When did I ever say I know more than stat? Why do you lie so much??? I don't ever argue with wde we 9/10 going to agree. The Gus part is just stupid....I guess 90% of this board is saying they know more than him right now so go run and ask everybody that and let's see how it gets you. The other people that you mentioned...yeah I'd say I know more or at the very least as much......then there's you.....you shouldn't include yourself in that list.

Have you noticed that NOBODY ever asks your opinion on anything? You don't ever offer up anything but the refs cheated us, or you're arguing with somebody because they criticized a coach. That's it. You literally DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE besides that. And then you have the nerves to try to insult a person's intelligence.....😂. I think there's a disconnect as far as how you are viewed as opposed to how you THINK you are viewed on this board. 

Here's a project for you, start proving what you say is true. Example you just wrote according to me, most of our coaching staff is completely inept.....could you show ANYTHING supporting that or are you just a liar? Have a good day sir/ma'am

Soooo what do you suggest our AD should do? 

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Soooo what do you suggest our AD should do? 

I don't see the point of you asking me that question. That's just an example of the weird stuff you do. Who else but you, is on here talking about the AD?? Most people like talking football.....for whatever reason it's the last thing you ever want to do.

Care to speak on any of the lies you told? That's what I'm interested in

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't see the point of you asking me that question. That's just an example of the weird stuff you do. Who else but you, is on here talking about the AD?? Most people like talking football.....for whatever reason it's the last thing you ever want to do.

Care to speak on any of the lies you told? That's what I'm interested in

More appropriate question is what the hell is this coaching staff doing? They just lot to a team, they had no business losing to. The offense is currently ranked #11 in the SEC in scoring..

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

More appropriate question is what the hell is this coaching staff doing? They just lot to a team, they had no business losing to. The offense is currently ranked #11 in the SEC in scoring..

Rough. 

In the country we're also:  

• 96th in total offense 
  • 99th in passing offense
  • 108th in 3rd down conversion
  • 112th in penalty yards
  • 93rd in time of possession

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Rough. 

• 96th in total offense 
  • 112th in penalty yards

How do these numbers match up with 2008 & 2012?

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Rough. 

• 96th in total offense 
  • 112th in penalty yards

Pitiful. Totally unacceptable 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

It's like he really think he can run the same plays for years and nobody was ever going to pick up on it

Archived