Is Chip actually running HIS O?

GwillMac6

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

what would you expect to see from the "Chip Offense" that you are not seeing?      As noted above,  Gus is not a 40 passes per game guy.  So if Chip were to be running  "his" offense what different plays would see.?    More passes, fewer passes, different passes....and what is that based on.  At Az State Chip was known for running the wildcat with one of his RBs....so the Kam play looks like Chip perhaps ?   

JMO, generally there was not much wrong with play calls no matter who was making them.  . MSU has a decent defense and yet........how many very successful calls went down the drain because of a fumble or overthrown pass or dropped pass or the QB got happy feet and bailed out before noticing a wide open receiver a few yards ahead of him?   .

Exactly. The players need to accept responsibility for the many errors we're seeing. There were a number of calls that should have worked against MSU that were simply blown by poor play on the field.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mikey said:

Exactly. The players need to accept responsibility for the many errors we're seeing. There were a number of calls that should have worked against MSU that were simply blown by poor play on the field.

I agree.  However, again we seem to be unprepared and unable to adjust when plan A doesn't work. That's not player execution.

If I’m ever accused of murder, and I’m very obviously guilty, I want Mikey and 64 as my defense counsel...because thise sons of guns will go down fighting brother! Damn! Lol

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

If I’m ever accused of murder, and I’m very obviously guilty, I want Mikey and 64 as my defense counsel...because thise sons of guns will go down fighting brother! Damn! Lol

I dunno. I'd want my lawyers to be able to make a compelling argument instead of just repeating the same invalid ones over and over again. Now, if they were on my jury, then I would just lie and say I'm a football coach and they wouldn't be able to find me guilty of anything. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I dunno. I'd want my lawyers to be able to make a compelling argument instead of just repeating the same invalid ones over and over again. Now, if they were on my jury, then I would just lie and say I'm a football coach and they wouldn't be able to find me guilty of anything. 

Valid point.  

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Touche

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree.  However, again we seem to be unprepared and unable to adjust when plan A doesn't work. That's not player execution.

Yep - and that bad habit seeped over onto Steele on Saturday night.  Zero defensive adjustments, once  Fitz hit a 100yrs up the middle - DO something different! :banghead:

Sigh. It's totally possible and normal to criticize the coaches without excusing the players. Nobody said the players are doing a good enough job. But they are not in charge.

If one student fails a test, you have a student problem. If the whole class fails, you have a teacher problem.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Sigh. It's totally possible and normal to criticize the coaches without excusing the players. Nobody said the players are doing a good enough job. But they are not in charge.

If one student fails a test, you have a student problem. If the whole class fails, you have a teacher problem.

Out of likes already with a damn hurricane coming...ugh...but “like”

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yep - and that bad habit seeped over onto Steele on Saturday night.  Zero defensive adjustments, once  Fitz hit a 100yrs up the middle - DO something different! :banghead:

Except even that "bad" defensive performance should have been more than enough to win, just like the LSU game the last 2 years. 

7 of those 23 points allowed were actually a freaking heroic goal line stand after Ryan Davis gifted MSU a short field... immediately after the defense had forced another punt. 

It's weird how a defense that plays average football once or twice a season catches absolute hell for those one or two times they don't bail out an offense that sucks every week. 

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With normal execution, Plan A would have produce a bare minimum of three more touchdowns. I don't think you can call that a failure of Plan A.

You know what happens at my job when the people under me don’t “execute “ our gameplan correctly? When we don’t meet our goals? I take the blame. My boss doesn’t call my associates and ask them why we failed, she calls me and asks why we failed. Ultimately the buck stops with the head man in any organization.  If players aren’t executing then whose fault is that ultimately? I have never in all my years watching football heard so many want to completely absolve a HC of responsibility for a team being unprepared and not executing.  There is certainly plenty of blame to go around but the captain of the ship must be where it all ends and begins...

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

You know what happens at my job when the people under me don’t “execute “ our gameplan correctly? When we don’t meet our goals? I take the blame. My boss doesn’t call my associates and ask them why we failed, she calls me and asks why we failed. Ultimately the buck stops with the head man in any organization.  If players aren’t executing then whose fault is that ultimately? I have never in all my years watching football heard so many want to completely absolve a HC of responsibility for a team being unprepared and not executing.  There is certainly plenty of blame to go around but the captain of the ship must be where it all ends and begins...

Yup.

It's not 1 guy compromising an otherwise competent offense. And it's not like the offense has been regularly competent the last 3 1/2 years. It has frequently been an abject disaster.

I guess that Rhett Lashlee, Chip Lindsey, Herb Hand, JB Grimes, Kodi Burns, Tim Horton, Jarrett Stidham, Sean White, Jeremy Johnson, John Franklin, Kaleb Kim, Mike Horton, Marquell Harrell, Prince Tega Wanogho, Jack Driscoll, Ricardo Louis, Kam Martin, Duke Williams, Xavier Dampeer, Kam Pettway, Nate Craig-Myers, Jalen Harris, Sal Cannella, Marquis McClain, Malik Miller, Asa Martin, Devan Barrett, Calvin Ashley, Nick Brahms, Austin Troxell, and Chandler Cox are all responsible for it? 

Poor Gus. Dude just can't catch a break. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

With normal execution, Plan A would have produce a bare minimum of three more touchdowns. I don't think you can call that a failure of Plan A.

So then, please explain the insistence on running IZ and power against Tite fronts. That's a 4i-0-4i defensive front.

Doing so is a failure in coaching. Period. It, in no way, can be considered an execution problem

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

True.......and that didnt start this season.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It’s sad you got to get this practical, yet people still won’t understand. Quite honestly, it is because they choose not to.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So then, please explain the insistence on running IZ and power against Tite fronts. That's a 4i-0-4i defensive front.

Stubbornness or a lack of strategic ability . . . either, especially at this level is inexcusable, especially when you have the means and talent to attack it properly

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Doing so is a failure in coaching. Period. It, in no way, can be considered an execution problem

E2C6FD02-6083-4CEE-9920-5558023F96B6.jpeg

When talking about execution and play calling issues I always hope people have paid close attention to what has been going on and not just jumped to some predetermined conclusion.....and I'd be glad to defend you...:)

How did we go from beating Washington to getting beat by 14 against MSU? 

I could put this on about any forum but this is my frustration being taken out. 

Hands off the offense Gus. Let Chip do what he did at the end of the reg. season last year. I think, primarily, ours is an execution problem. Stidham overthrows, WRs dropping passes, O-Line still coming together. I think the team of Kerryon and those o-linemen that graduated last season covered up a lot of our weaknesses on offense. Gotta try and make lemonade this season. 

Another factor is when the OC sends in a play package with the player personnel any person with coaching experience(high school) can predict probable plays. IE, double wing(H-back) run play & with doubles, trips. receivers result with down field toss! One still wonders who is making the calls offensively!

I really don’t think anyone knows for sure who’s running what. The only thing I know for sure is I’m not running the offense. Or coaching the qb. But if I was, I’d tell him to hit wide open receivers. You’re welcome Auburn nation

Archived