Secondary school

DAG

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job @DAG.

Like Loof, my actual game viewing time can be limited.  Being outnumbered by ladies who don't care for sports can do that to a guy....although my girls do sit and watch Auburn a little bit cuz they like to yell War Eagle and when I tussle their hair after a huge play 😁.

I enjoy Big 10 football when the weather turns cold.  I'm weird and actually LIKE cold weather... especially snow games.  I like Michigan (they're my "Auburn" to Ohio State, who I DON'T like) and my Grandaddy was from Pittsburgh but was a Penn State fan so I've always had an affinity for them.

But my true secondary team is Tennessee since most of my wife's very large family are up there.  Been to a few games in Neyland (back when they were really good) and have always had a great time and been treated well, even when I wear my Auburn gear.  Plus, we're moving up there, hopefully by next summer when my treatments are easier, so they'll be my "local" team.

But don't worry, AU is ALWAYS my heart!

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:
5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I thought everyone's secondary school was who ever was bama's opponent for the week?

Add uga to this also. 

I thought those went without saying...but yes.  Very true.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I think I hate Uga more then bama actually.  

Yes.

Growing up 30 mins from Athens.... Ugh!!!

SO glad I don't live in GA anymore.

i love pulling for the underdogs. i love to watch teams that are high scoring. i actually like ucf and wish they could play better teams to see just how good they really are. i think they are getting screwed and that is why i wish for a playoff system like other football divisions do. i really dislike osu and fl because it is the right thing to do since they have people on the staffs that have tried to hurt auburn. not real big on miss state either.

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I think I hate Uga more then bama actually.  

12 years in ATL and the way they still whine about Cam and Nick did it for me. They're pathetic. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

What other school do you root for or at least enjoy watching and why?

UAB & Troy. UAB because I'm a Prattville Alum & Bill Clark made PHS a national power before moving on eventually land at UAB for now. Troy because I worked for them a couple of seasons.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

UAB & Troy. UAB because I'm a Prattville Alum & Bill Clark made PHS a national power before moving on eventually land at UAB for now. Troy because I worked for them a couple of seasons.

I remember my favorite Prattville player was Justin Albert..legit on of the best high school players I ever saw play, even though the rankings might not speak volume of it.

6 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Same here.  Living in Georgia for 25+ years will do that.

i have a lot of family that went to bama, played for bama... it's just hard to hate my family lol

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I thought everyone's secondary school was who ever was bama's opponent for the week?

Honestly, I don't give a rip about Bama. I always want them to lose but I don't watch their games.

I've been a Duke basketball fan since I was a teenager after meeting coach K at a basketball camp I attended at Duke. 

Secondary football team would have to be Washington state. Just enjoy watching them and they have some really good fans. 

Fun thread. 

Just now, AubWes33 said:

I've been a Duke basketball fan since I was a teenager after meeting coach K at a basketball camp I attended at Duke. 

Secondary football team would have to be Washington state. Just enjoy watching them and they have some really good fans. 

Fun thread. 

I’m a duke fan too. In b-ball 

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Sorry @Zeek, I have to go Michigan because I think they have the greatest helmets and fight song in college football; met a delightful couple while fishing the Keys this spring that were huge UM fans which made me think that they are ok folks; not a fan of Harbaugh honestly. Love PSU wrestling and all things Cale Sanderson but can't pull for their football- was never a Paterno fan, especially after the Sandusky mess came to light.

Oh, and TCU. My oldest daughter and a good bit of my money go there now. I’m sporting a a lot of TCU gear these days. Fear the Frog 🐸!

I agree. Love the helmet. Our rivals in high school had those at one time. Made me jealous. 

37 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I always root for Vanderbilt when they're not playing us. Just got a soft spot in my heart for them.

Same here. I was raised 30 minutes south so I went to allot of Vandy games in my life. I had friends from school that went to college there so I would go hang out. They are my number 2. 

Archived