POSTGAME THREAD: AU 21 Bama 52

RunInRed

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Over/under on how badly ticket sales drop next season assuming Gustav is back? We may have sentenced ourselves to a decade of irrelevancy with that buyout.

Unless something's changed, if a season ticketholder doesn't purchase tickets each year, they lose their seating priority and have to start over. That may be the only way to salvage ticket sales for AU. Hard to just give them up after you've invested years and money to build up good seats.
I don't argue your point though, this is one deflated fanbase.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be the order of the next few days at AU.

1. Fire Leath . He is nothing but an worthless egotistical piece of crap.

2. Tell Greene to fire Gus. If he can’t then fire Greene and hire JJ back because he would love to fire Gus. Raines and Harbet need to cover the payout because without them their was no way Leath did the contract. That said I would tell the Lawyers to fight Gus’s buyout with every source and delay maneuver possible. Gus deserves it for all the crap he put AU through.

3. Start a new HC search and put Bruce In charge of it. Tell him to find someone who believes like him. Don’t worry about his past record. If he has AU’s resources and Bruce’s drive and enthusiasm, he will be successful, I guarantee it.

4. Let Garner coach the Bowl Game can’t be any worse than Gus in bowl games.

51 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Love me some Benny Hill

I thought that video was very illustrative to my point 

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah, AU sends complaints to a bammer in Birmingham. That’ll be a productive use of time. 

Officials are the last thing we need to complain about with as many problems that we have. 

Amen, brother.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the second half Gus lost the team. The Defense gave up. Why Stidham stayed in till next to last drive and then when we finally bring the backup in we don't let him throw.  That is a way not to prepare your backup if he ever has to play.

Backup will not play next season.  JMO. I was a fan of Willis but just don't think he will make it....too bad.

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And the fact is, they did it fairly quickly. Bruce won the sec (shared) in year 4? With 2 players suspended and losing your best defensive to injury midseason. That’s what auburn fans want to see, promise and fairly quick turnaround, it shouldn’t be hard with Auburn’s talent 

As always, I speak the truth and all of my posts should be pinned. Kidding . 

Auburn fans just want to think that we are on an upward trajectory. We want to have optimism every offseason and we want to have competitive and championship capable teams. Doesn’t mean we should always win, but we should be fighting for our goals late in the regular season more often than not. 

Gus is going nowhere thanks to Leath though. Learh doesn’t give a rat’s ass about our feelings. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Backup will not play next season.  JMO. I was a fan of Willis but just don't think he will make it....too bad.

Didn’t get a chance to run an offense or establish a rhythm. Gus has never been known to bench his starter if they have heartbeat. 

12 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I readily admit I was not all that excited when Gus was hired. I was hoping I was wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn't.

But for a change go in with a plan. Find who it is you truly want. Not some up and comer but someone who knows what he's doing and don't stop until you get him.

Matt Campbell. What he has done at Iowa St is miraculous. Just imagine what he would do with SEC talent.....

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

As always, I speak the truth and all of my posts should be pinned. Kidding . 

Auburn fans just want to think that we are on an upward trajectory. We want to have optimism every offseason and we want to have competitive and championship capable teams. Doesn’t mean we should always win, but we should be fighting for our goals late in the regular season more often than not. 

Gus is going nowhere thanks to Leath though. Learh doesn’t give a rat’s ass about our feelings. 

Out of reactions, but I agree with this post 1000%, jeff

The major problem with AU is we have to many sorry fans that actually feel we should just be satisfied with being low down in the pecking order. Maybe that is where they are with their lives so they are ok with it. My advise for them is just retire from life altogether and just go sit quietly in their rocking chairs. AU wasn’t meant to be a D2 team playing with the big boys. AU deserves its players, coaches and fans settling for nothing less than their best everyday.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

I wonder how the refs missed this one? 🙄

I hope every soda he drinks for the rest of his life is flat

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Matt Campbell. What he has done at Iowa St is miraculous. Just imagine what he would do with SEC talent.....

Easy . You make wayyyyy to much sense here . Lol . He has a heck of a buyout at Iowa st. Would be a good choice 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Didn’t get a chance to run an offense or establish a rhythm. Gus has never been known to bench his starter if they have heartbeat. 

The reason he didn’t isn’t because he can’t the reason is Kristy is very fond of JS and Gus can’t do anything to upset JS or Kristy will be furious.

Well Brothers and Sisters we sit at the end of a disappointing Auburn football regular season. Only thing left is a meaningless bowl game. We have been beaten down by our arch rival today and we all feel the sting of it. I still wouldn't change places with any bammer fan. I love Auburn and as long as God chooses to leave me here, I will be there season after season cheering for my Tigers. War Eagle Auburn Family. Don't stop believeing. Good night. 

2 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

We have probably reached our potential on recruiting top 10 classes. bammer just gets who they want and can develop players. The bear always got the best till the scholarship limitations. His closing records indicated it. This isn't changing till they get caught cheating. There are only 5 starters on bammers team from Alabama. They recruit nationally. The media has helped make them what they are.

They are not going to get caught cheating as long as Emmerit (sp) is running the NCAA.

We are just going to have to beat them, the way we did last year.

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We all know Gus can't do anything with SEC talent. But didn't we hire a coach from Iowa St.. a few years ago. I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist that one.

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Reminder to those questioning why the 2nd, that’s when his buyout drops. 

Actually not he gets paid till then. For those that have a hard time with this maybe I can help. Gus gets 75% of whatever remains of his contract from the time he is fired. For every day he stays he get 100% of his contract. So to put it simply, every day he is here we lose 25% of what we pay him. The sooner we fire him the more money we save because we are going to fire him sometime and there is absolutely 0% that he will improve.

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Easy . You make wayyyyy to much sense here . Lol . He has a heck of a buyout at Iowa st. Would be a good choice 

Pay now or keep paying and losing a fortune over the next 20 years while Auburn sinks into obscurity like Nebraska.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Actually not he gets paid till then. For those that have a hard time with this maybe I can help. Gus gets 75% of whatever remains of his contract from the time he is fired. For every day he stays he get 100% of his contract. So to put it simply, every day he is here we lose 25% of what we pay him. The sooner we fire him the more money we save because we are going to fire him sometime and there is absolutely 0% that he will improve.

This. We know it's not going to get any better consistently. Just rip the damn band-aid off after the early signing period.

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yeah if it weren't for that buyout I'd say absolutely.

Who needs the NCAA when we effectively put ourselves on probation?

Archived