Josh Moon has some Malzahn info

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

After a good nights sleep, one question remains. If the school president also wants rid of Gus (under new buy-out terms) who is it that wants to keep him? Is there still a big donor on the side of Gus?

I doubt anyone is on his side quite frankly. It seems like if Gus goes with the current buyout so does Leath. I'm assuming if Leath goes so does someone's influence. It's likely that's what is being protected instead of Gus.

Again, just my speculation. Otherwise the answer is some idiot believes Gus is still the answer at Auburn.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

After a good nights sleep, one question remains. If the school president also wants rid of Gus (under new buy-out terms) who is it that wants to keep him? Is there still a big donor on the side of Gus?

i'm wondering same thing

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I've watched some when he was hired here. He was throttled. I know that. No arguing with you there. But sometimes things work at some schools and not at others. Van Gorder, Loeffler, Tony Franklin, etc. But I'm not going to just give some coaches a pass and **** on others. Especially not the OC. 

Was never too big on Chip Lindsay myself. I have to admit, when I found out Tennessee was after him, my opinion changed. But I agree with you, no way does he get a pass on the season.

Of course, we all know he is not the offensive line coach, but even with that, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility. And as you state he was our QBs coach, some of that simply has to fall on Chip as well. Wide receiver play etc... etc...

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You know, the last time Al Borges left Auburn there was an offensive power vacuum...

Perhaps Al played a much bigger role in getting Auburn into competition form than we could've realized.

Maybe it's time to bring the real Big Al back to Auburn!

As long as Gus is here, does it really matter who sits in the OC's chair?

3506.jpg

I wonder what Kristi Malzahn thinks of all of this.  If my husband was in this situation, I would advise him to take the money and go.  No one would fault him for that.  I would ask him if he wants to stay where he’s not wanted.  Maybe she has done this and he’s not listening...

5 minutes ago, AURealist said:

As long as Gus is here, does it really matter who sits in the OC's chair?

3506.jpg

Nope, so I'll take the job for 100k and no bonuses. Willing to do that for this team.

6 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

i'm wondering same thing

If it is true, that Leath wants rid of Gus as well, and never thought Gus would take the lesser buy-out deal that was offered, at this point for Leath, to save any face at all, just needs to fire Gus and let him walk away with the buyout. 

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

If it is true, that Leath wants rid of Gus as well, and never thought Gus would take the lesser buy-out deal that was offered, at this point for Leath, to save any face at all, just needs to fire Gus and let him walk away with the buyout. 

Yup, that's why I'm keeping it in my signature. Pay the man and move on from this hell.

8 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

I wonder what Kristi Malzahn thinks of all of this.  If my husband was in this situation, I would advise him to take the money and go.  No one would fault him for that.  I would ask him if he wants to stay where he’s not wanted.  Maybe she has done this and he’s not listening...

If I was Gus, I'd do just that. Then I'd try to find a job in SoCal or Florida or Hawaii and live off of my buy out, enjoy my life, and be some smaller school's Bear Bryant. He's got it good man. His kids are grown. He's rich. He's got a good enough reputation to get jobs. Life's too short for all this. Enjoy your life and get back to enjoying your job.

If I was Gus, I'd do just that. Then I'd try to find a job in SoCal or Florida or Hawaii and live off of my buy out, enjoy my life, and be some smaller school's Bear Bryant. He's got it good man. His kids are grown. He's rich. He's got a good enough reputation to get jobs. Life's too short for all this. Enjoy your life and get back to enjoying your job.

Genius. I bet Hawaii would take him in all honesty and they wouldn't ever really care how well or poorly he did so long as they went bowling each year. What a way to live out your life. Collect a big buyout, coach for sh**s and giggles, enjoy the sunrise every day.

As with most situations, there's a Seinfeld episode in all of this.  I'm thinking of when Costanza gets a job offer from the Mets, but has to get out of his Yankees contract first.  So he does things like get strawberry stains on Babe Ruth's uniform, town the World Series trophy behind his car, streaks in a bodysuit, etc.  The inept Steinbrenner finds these things appealing.  Leath is Steinbrenner.  The more "Gus Costanza" embarrasses the football program, the more he wants to fight to keep him.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Genius. I bet Hawaii would take him in all honesty and they wouldn't ever really care how well or poorly he did so long as they went bowling each year. What a way to live out your life. Collect a big buyout, coach for sh**s and giggles, enjoy the sunrise every day.

He could learn to surf. Could you imagine Gus surfing in some Billabong board shorts? 😂

7 minutes ago, Weagle Beagle said:

As with most situations, there's a Seinfeld episode in all of this.  I'm thinking of when Costanza gets a job offer from the Mets, but has to get out of his Yankees contract first.  So he does things like get strawberry stains on Babe Ruth's uniform, town the World Series trophy behind his car, streaks in a bodysuit, etc.  The inept Steinbrenner finds these things appealing.  Leath is Steinbrenner.  The more "Gus Costanza" embarrasses the football program, the more he wants to fight to keep him.

I love the episode where George gets traded to Tyson chicken in Arkansas in exchange for Tyson providing all the concessions in Yankee Stadium. Instead of beer, alcoholic chicken!😂

1 minute ago, Weagle Beagle said:

I've had two jobs I had to flame out of or I'd lose out. Easily the most fun I've ever had working was when I wanted to get fired. Never did anything outlandish but I was free to work how I pleased and speak 100% candidly with everyone. One boss fired me quickly and the other kept encouraging the behavior! It's a mad world.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I love the episode where George gets traded to Tyson chicken in Arkansas in exchange for Tyson providing all the concessions in Yankee Stadium.😂

Selling Tyson Chicken concessions from Arkansas is the perfect place for him as far as I'm concerned.  He'd be pretty good at it too.

Latest Mike Marshall blog says a decision is imminent i.e. as soon as the prez returns from his trip (not sure when that is exactly).

3 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Latest Mike Marshall blog says a decision is imminent i.e. as soon as the prez returns from his trip (not sure when that is exactly).

What decision?! I hate this! It must be that Gus is here to stay. @WarEagle10 has already told us what's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Not sure the specifics of his trip but what God awful timing

Just now, Zeek said:

Not sure the specifics of his trip but what God awful timing

yea well sooner the better. recruiting has gotta be going badly.

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

this is embarrassing  you know all of our rivals are laughing their asses off at the mess taking place here right now! next year is currently shaping up to be 2012 bad even if Gus is retained

1 minute ago, KnightTiger said:

this is embarrassing  you know all of our rivals are laughing their asses off at the mess taking place here right now! next year is currently shaping up to be 2012 bad even if Gus is retained

All of our rivals have better things to do than worry about us.

Alabama - SEC championship

Georgia - SEC Championship

LSU - looking at a New Year's 6 Bowl. 

😭😭😭

What decision?! I hate this! 

theauburnauthority.com/blog

Read and see what you think. To me he implies Malzahn's fate will be decided real soon.

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

Lololol I actually am starting to feel bad for Gus, the man, at this point. 

Employer tries to weasel their way into not fulfilling the contract both sides agreed on in an attempt to shaft you out of money you are entitled to due to said agreement. Employer offers a sabatoging type of amendment to the original agreement, even though you know you're being mistreated you accept. Since they didn't want you to accept now they are going to just trying to make a move to move on anyway. 

The coach though? Nah he can get out. He ultimately brought this on to himself. If he didn't dick around so much he wouldn't be grasping for straws for the opportunity to coach this team next year. He knows our freshman are going to have potentially great careers but he screwed around one too many times and is probably regretting it right now. He knows what he needs to do to utilize his talent (see how we ended the regular season last year) but flatly refused to. I'm over it. 

Don't you dare feel bad for him. Whenever you start feeling sympathetic to him, think back to 2017 vs LSU, think back on the 2nd UGA game, think back to UCF. Think back to trying to run the clock out before halftime and walking into halftime with his tale between his legs. Think back to watching two teams we beat play for the national championship. Think back to giving up a 20+ point lead in the 2013 national championship game.

This is entirely on Gus. He made his bed. Now he gets to lie in it. He probably thinks being "forced" into neutering himself would garner public support. Don't fall for it

11 hours ago, WarEagle10 said:

You have boosters, who want Gus out, stirring up stuff as much as they possibly can.  Why do you think all of this started right before the early signing period? IF something was really going on, it would have been kept quiet until after the dotted line had been signed.

Let me guess you think its like all the "little brothers" in here who think Bama is somehow behind all of this? 

And has been said in this thread multiple times (I'll give you a break since there are hundreds of pages in here) 

Gus, someone close to Gus, or someone who wanted to keep Gus would have been the only people to bring any of this to light. It didn't benefit anyone other than Gus' camp for the story to be leaked. 

So it was someone inside or closely related our own athletic department that leaked this. 

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

If Gus wants another year to prove himself and is willing to reduce the buyout, and accept the offer, I really don’t have a problem with it. TUF trying to delegitimize the contract or whatever would’ve been dirty. 

If the proper procedure was not followed then no it wouldn't be dirty. Rapists and murderers get off scot-free every day in this country because their paperwork was not filled out correctly. So when you're talking about a contact worth half of a hundred million dollars on the line, it was the responsibility of the person in charge of the negotiations (in this case Leath) to make sure the Is were dotted and the Ts were crossed. 

I mean if the TUF thing was real, and had merit, it would be irresponsible not to come out and say proper procedure wasn't followed and pay out anyway. This makes whoever negotiated the contract (Leath) look terrible, and he deserve every ounce of criticism he has received.

Archived