Rod’s Memorial

Ber798297

8 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

Does anyone know if there is a place to watch the memorial for those who can’t be there?

For those unable to attend the funeral of “The Voice of The Auburn Tigers” @VoiceofAUTigers and wife Paula’s funeral will be streamed online by @wsfa12news. Source: @JahmalKennedy. Funeral begins at 2pm.

My gosh, haven't stopped to think about it, but Andy just mentioned this:

In his time at Auburn, Rod called:

A national championship, a final four, and a college world series. Wow. 

For those that can’t see the memorial just know that it’s a wonderful, wonderful service. 

I ugly cried....

I can’t stop thinking about their kids and what a road they have ahead for them.  Keep praying for them!!

Thank you @abw0004 for posting video of service. I'll watch it later this evening when I get off work. 

Was wondering if anyone thought about something at Toomer's Corner today? I certainty hope no one takes this as disrespectful but I thought it would be fitting if someone would roll both of the Oaks maybe with a "single strand", one for Rod and one for Paula. I know that's typically for celebrating but Rod's is a life to celebrate. It's always sad for those left behind but where they have gone is worth celebrating. Again, I hope those who may read this understand how I mean to convey this. Rod loved Auburn and there's nothing more unique than that tradition. 

Beautiful tribute to Rod and Paula. All delivering eulogies were great. Brother George was great. Thankful that Andy could speak. Rod and Andy were the best radio baseball duo on the planet in my biased opinion. Doesn't ease the hurt but the service does help with some closure regarding the tragedy.

The part that killed me was seeing Chris Davis' name on the list of pall bearers. It occurred to me that if you had told us what his role would be today for the caller of his play that November night, not a one of us could imagine such a tragedy. That is when I lost it! 

It was a lovely tribute to two people who were such great examples for us all! 

1 minute ago, wareaglegirl466 said:

The part that killed me was seeing Chris Davis' name on the list of pall bearers. It occurred to me that if you had told us what his role would be today for the caller of his play that November night, not a one of us could imagine such a tragedy. That is when I lost it! 

Oh My,. I was just watching with my wife and was about to lose it when kick 6 played....then i turned it off and was reading comments and completely lost it when i read this,

51 minutes ago, wareaglegirl466 said:

The tweet that had the photo of the service program had a reply saying she believes that is the Chris Davis that is a VP of AU Network.

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

The tweet that had the photo of the service program had a reply saying she believes that is the Chris Davis that is a VP of AU Network.

Mea culpa. That makes sense. 

However, my sentiment is the same. We never do know what's coming and wouldn't have believed this for a minute. What a beautiful couple taken away in the mere blink of an eye! My Auburn heart is sad, but my human heart is just so broken over those children's loss of their parents. Just hard to wrap my brain around! :(

Thank you for the clarification! 

54 minutes ago, wareaglegirl466 said:

Mea culpa. That makes sense. 

However, my sentiment is the same. We never do know what's coming and wouldn't have believed this for a minute. What a beautiful couple taken away in the mere blink of an eye! My Auburn heart is sad, but my human heart is just so broken over those children's loss of their parents. Just hard to wrap my brain around! :(

Thank you for the clarification! 

No mea culpa needed. It would have made a lot of sense. Didn’t want to detract from anyone’s experience of the memorial, but thought it might be worth mentioning. 

So many good people leave this life too soon and their families live forever with that void. Just hate for anyone to have to deal with this.

Archived